Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for you all - I’m still a bit on the fence on receiving a 2021 VIN… The old charge port design - will this work or will it not work with the tesla CCS adapter? We do a lot of road trips and having more access to more types of charges would be a decent value add. What downsides are there to the old ring style charge port?

Reactions: Prairie
You mean how they originally advertised as such on their website and then later removed all those pages/references on their website?

Yes they had a diagram showing summon going from a garage to the front of your house and saying on private property it could go to your door on command.

The exit taking feature was even in the V10 manual but never rolled out.

Long story short, the Bosch radar used is capable and it is still being used except for FSD beta and works in more conditions.

I've also never had phantom braking in 5 years even with EAP. I'm assigned a non radar car but I've given up on FSD too. 80mph limit only mildly annoying as I rarely would have AP anyways that fast but I don't trust Tesla vision especially based on what Green has revealed about it's precision (or lack thereof). That's why there's phantom braking (bad vision).

Looking for help/suggestions. I ordered an MXLR with 5 seats back on March 8, 2021. With the changes to EDD's and no deliveries of 5 seat LR's, I placed a MXP order on Jan 12 of this year, on a whim, even though the EDD for the MXP was showing as October. As you probably can anticipate, I got a VIN today on the MXP! Good news, right? Unfortunately, it's not good news. Due to an "unexpected" IRS surprise, there is absolutely no way I can take delivery of the MXP now. The Tesla SC in Kansa City is pushing for delivery this week. With the recent deliveries of 5 seat MXLR models, I have some hope that my original order placed over a year ago is going to happen sometime in Q2.

With that being the case, I have a couple of questions. Is there anyone on here that would be interested in the MXP? It's red/cream with 20" wheels, 6 seats and no FSD. I realize that there is "potential" profit if I were to buy and sell it, however, the credit application and tax payment would absolutely kill me. If there is someone interested in it, what's the process of making that happen?

Here's the order number and VIN of the car.
RN1163538XX
VIN 7SAXCBE61NF3367XX

And this is scrapping my interior every time my left FWD opens. Eventually its gonna get bad. Idk why they cant just make an appointment for the things they can fix now instead of making me wait all the way tik april 5th View attachment 783720
Because there are so many new cars the need repairs / adjustments/ touch ups there would be a line all day and night. By making people use the app they can spread out the appointments, some might be mobile appointment, others coming in when there is room for their cars. The biggest factor is no one gets yelled at up front.

Reactions: gglockner
Day 420 for me. I’ve watched a half dozen of my exact car configuration be delivered over the last couple weeks that were ordered months after me, and still crickets. I’ve been tricked into a more expensive configuration with a promise of December 2021 delivery. Nothing but lies and deception. I will continue to wait for the X for all the reasons we already know, but this will be the last Tesla I ever order.
I totally feel you! It’s quite ironic. I feel happy and excited for ppl are finally getting their MX delivery. But when I saw their OD was later mine, tbh I has a mix feeling about it, especially my EDD is now back to JULY 🥹

I totally feel you! It’s quite ironic. I feel happy and excited for ppl are finally getting their MX delivery. But when I saw their OD was later mine, tbh I has a mix feeling about it, especially my EDD is now back to JULY 🥹
The Tesla management seems to be completely incompetent. Probably, we should let the major stock holders know what's going on there?

Worth the wait 🔥 #TeslaModelX
No issues at delivery. Only issue found was cup holder tray below the back screen is stuck/broken but scheduled mobile service appointment. Apparently the part is on back order which means I have to wait a bit until they get the part but other than that the car is amazing!!
Good luck to everyone who has been patiently waiting!!

5BC96777-5292-4B21-8976-85D9A717DD0C.jpeg

Looking for help/suggestions. I ordered an MXLR with 5 seats back on March 8, 2021. With the changes to EDD's and no deliveries of 5 seat LR's, I placed a MXP order on Jan 12 of this year, on a whim, even though the EDD for the MXP was showing as October. As you probably can anticipate, I got a VIN today on the MXP! Good news, right? Unfortunately, it's not good news. Due to an "unexpected" IRS surprise, there is absolutely no way I can take delivery of the MXP now. The Tesla SC in Kansa City is pushing for delivery this week. With the recent deliveries of 5 seat MXLR models, I have some hope that my original order placed over a year ago is going to happen sometime in Q2.

With that being the case, I have a couple of questions. Is there anyone on here that would be interested in the MXP? It's red/cream with 20" wheels, 6 seats and no FSD. I realize that there is "potential" profit if I were to buy and sell it, however, the credit application and tax payment would absolutely kill me. If there is someone interested in it, what's the process of making that happen?

Here's the order number and VIN of the car.
RN1163538XX
VIN 7SAXCBE61NF3367XX
I have a feeling that I will be in the exact same situation. Curious to know what others suggest as well.

Same just happened to me today but sadly thought mine was going to be different since I’m an original 6 seater ordered Feb 2021. Got the update Tuesday that showed Mar 30-31 delivery and figure end of quarter push, they’re getting me my car!

*Checks App today*…July again. And to add salt to the wound my SA texted me during the week: “It is showing a delivery window of March 30-31 on this end. With a window that small you should be receiving your VIN assignment shortly.”

Then I texted today asking him if this “July” update is real. His reply: “Delivery days are all tentative, it could be July or be moved forward.”

Wtf kind of company is this.

It would be interesting to hear someone from Tesla address the random and ever changing delivery estimates. Im curious if they realize give the SA’s don’t proactively contact us and aren’t given any real information that this is the best we have to work with.

Some of it I’m sure is just denial (not admitting the car ain’t coming any time near March when they first announced the refresh) but some is either a bug in the system, or just pure incompetence or not caring.

Quite frankly not being able to tell your customers within a few weeks of delivery when they will get the car makes Tesla look like a bunch of incompetent morons who could care less about their customers.

Worth the wait 🔥 #TeslaModelX
No issues at delivery. Only issue found was cup holder tray below the back screen is stuck/broken but scheduled mobile service appointment. Apparently the part is on back order which means I have to wait a bit until they get the part but other than that the car is amazing!!
Good luck to everyone who has been patiently waiting!!
That is outrageous for a $100k+ car. They expect us to hold our own cups? Barbarism, I say!

Has anyone figured out the issue with opening the charge port door with charger button? Mine worked like the first 2 times and then never again. I’ve tried it at home with a Tesla wall charger and I’ve tried it at a supercharger, no luck.

Same issue for me. Worked for a couple days and then stopped opening when pressing charger button.

Mine has the new charging port.

Opens from app, touchscreen and when pressed manually. Charger is good as it opens port on my MY.

Either a faulty charging port or software issue.

Mobile service coming on Friday.

Question for you all - I’m still a bit on the fence on receiving a 2021 VIN… The old charge port design - will this work or will it not work with the tesla CCS adapter? We do a lot of road trips and having more access to more types of charges would be a decent value add. What downsides are there to the old ring style charge port?
I have no inside info but my guess is that the older charge port will not get an upgrade to CCS.

Same just happened to me today but sadly thought mine was going to be different since I’m an original 6 seater ordered Feb 2021. Got the update Tuesday that showed Mar 30-31 delivery and figure end of quarter push, they’re getting me my car!

*Checks App today*…July again. And to add salt to the wound my SA texted me during the week: “It is showing a delivery window of March 30-31 on this end. With a window that small you should be receiving your VIN assignment shortly.”

Then I texted today asking him if this “July” update is real. His reply: “Delivery days are all tentative, it could be July or be moved forward.”

Wtf kind of company is this.
Lol. Ah man that would upset me. Was it the same SA? If so, not cool. I’m in same boat btw. Few day window, now back to July. Ugh.

It would be interesting to hear someone from Tesla address the random and ever changing delivery estimates. Im curious if they realize give the SA’s don’t proactively contact us and aren’t given any real information that this is the best we have to work with.

Some of it I’m sure is just denial (not admitting the car ain’t coming any time near March when they first announced the refresh) but some is either a bug in the system, or just pure incompetence or not caring.

Quite frankly not being able to tell your customers within a few weeks of delivery when they will get the car makes Tesla look like a bunch of incompetent morons who could care less about their customers.
All focus is on getting video games to the backseat for the kids that we’ll all need to hear until they patch bluetooth when Witcher 4 arrives.