Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same just happened to me today but sadly thought mine was going to be different since I’m an original 6 seater ordered Feb 2021. Got the update Tuesday that showed Mar 30-31 delivery and figure end of quarter push, they’re getting me my car!

*Checks App today*…July again. And to add salt to the wound my SA texted me during the week: “It is showing a delivery window of March 30-31 on this end. With a window that small you should be receiving your VIN assignment shortly.”

Then I texted today asking him if this “July” update is real. His reply: “Delivery days are all tentative, it could be July or be moved forward.”

Wtf kind of company is this.
That’s terrible… I truly hope that your edd will move back, especially you ordered 6 seats in the very beginning. I even got calls and asked whether I am willing to upgrade for an upcoming delivery back in Oct.

Worth the wait 🔥 #TeslaModelX
No issues at delivery. Only issue found was cup holder tray below the back screen is stuck/broken but scheduled mobile service appointment. Apparently the part is on back order which means I have to wait a bit until they get the part but other than that the car is amazing!!
Good luck to everyone who has been patiently waiting!!

View attachment 783767
Looks awesome!!

The 22s look great!! I was wondering if I made the right choice of the 22s, but now I am convinced! Congrats!

little late, but just to jump in on the radar thing.. sure after buying my first model Y I had some weird phantom brakes but I could tap the accelerator and teach the car that’s a no. After a few months of driving it knew areas where it shouldn’t do that and completely ignored bridges and overpasses.
Now that I have a car that is vision only. There is no rhyme or reason to its constant and sudden phantom brakes. I can touch the accelerator all day, but it’s never in the same spot twice, and it’s never learning anything.
It’s just funny how well my other car worked on winding roads, and in foggy conditions on what features of FSD were available. But my newer car can’t go straight down the road in perfect conditions without slamming on the brakes.

If radar truly was the worse idea ever I highly doubt other manufacturers wouldn’t be using it, and successfully… my ram 1500, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chrysler 300, and Ford F-350 all have/had radar with adaptive cruise and never once have I had an issue with any of them phantom breaking.. granted only the Jeep has active lane keep, but even it doesn’t have that issue..

Whatever the true reason is for removing radar was a poor excuse, and really should be reversed. If it’s a money thing I would GLADLY pay to retrofit the radar into my current model y and upcoming model x.

little late, but just to jump in on the radar thing.. sure after buying my first model Y I had some weird phantom brakes but I could tap the accelerator and teach the car that’s a no. After a few months of driving it knew areas where it shouldn’t do that and completely ignored bridges and overpasses.
Now that I have a car that is vision only. There is no rhyme or reason to its constant and sudden phantom brakes. I can touch the accelerator all day, but it’s never in the same spot twice, and it’s never learning anything.
It’s just funny how well my other car worked on winding roads, and in foggy conditions on what features of FSD were available. But my newer car can’t go straight down the road in perfect conditions without slamming on the brakes.

If radar truly was the worse idea ever I highly doubt other manufacturers wouldn’t be using it, and successfully… my ram 1500, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chrysler 300, and Ford F-350 all have/had radar with adaptive cruise and never once have I had an issue with any of them phantom breaking.. granted only the Jeep has active lane keep, but even it doesn’t have that issue..

Whatever the true reason is for removing radar was a poor excuse, and really should be reversed. If it’s a money thing I would GLADLY pay to retrofit the radar into my current model y and upcoming model x.
Touching accelerator never taught it anything. But over time it has improved. Both my Model X with FSD Beta ( which turns off Radar) and Model S Refresh+ with no radar seem to have very minimal braking. Mostly on lane merges. I do not count city driving. Only expressways is working and that fine by me. I also never use Nav on AutoPilot.

The ride of the Y is harder / harsher than the X.
This is real folks. After a 2 minutes of a 15 minute test drive, the great handling and acceleration of the Y paled in comparison to the unacceptable ride. Was a real shame as I really liked the size. If they made a Y at $125,000 (comfort, tech, and performance upgrades) that would be the perfect car.

Reactions: jc368
This is real folks. After a 2 minutes of a 15 minute test drive, the great handling and acceleration of the Y paled in comparison to the unacceptable ride. Was a real shame as I really liked the size. If they made a Y at $125,000 (comfort, tech, and performance upgrades) that would be the perfect car.
Which wheels. I owned (up to last Saturday) a Raven X and just went with a friend to pick up his Y with the small wheels. I thought it was not harsh at all and quite surprised too. Cabin was also very quiet. But I wasn’t driving.

I placed an order for 5 a seater MXLR August of 2021. I got impatient and took delivery of a performance model Y in January. After almost forgetting about the MXLR, i got an estimated delivery date of March 26-April 15. My pricing is locked in at 89,990 and has FSD locked in at 10k. Am i able to "sell" the reservation even though I already own a tesla. If not, I would be willing to buy and sell if anyone is interested. Please PM.

I placed an order for 5 a seater MXLR August of 2021. I got impatient and took delivery of a performance model Y in January. After almost forgetting about the MXLR, i got an estimated delivery date of March 26-April 15. My pricing is locked in at 89,990 and has FSD locked in at 10k. Am i able to "sell" the reservation even though I already own a tesla. If not, I would be willing to buy and sell if anyone is interested. Please PM.
I checked multiple times. You can of course not sell or transfer your reservation. You could however change the registration info so someone else can pay for the car, but apparently that person needs to be in the same household.

You buying and then selling the car will presumably result in two transactions, which means taxes paid twice, which means for you to break even you will need to sell for the car price + the taxes and fees you paid.

Now that I have a VIN I wanted to explore financing options on the website but there is bad logic and now I can only hope to get a call back from a person.
I requested a trade-in value but did not accept it. I applied for Tesla financing to see the rate but they approved a loan for the balance after trade-in. I hope to get a better price from a private sale and use a larger loan value but there is no way to correct the offer request online.

I see someone posted my tweet (thank you @EV3_ ). I was on a road trip at the time so I can update now (what is up with Tesla scheduling delivery when people are out of town? haha).

Ordered Feb 2021, 7 seat, white/white/20"/no FSD/LR. Got the October 6 seat call and accepted hoping for delivery in 2021.

On 3/17 I got an email that said VIN assigned and I checked my app and it said estimated delivery 3/19-3/23. I was on vacation as I said, so I wasn't able to email the bank until Saturday and I am waiting for loan approval for Tesla.

Since I have a vin, I am fairly confident I'll be picking up the car this week as long as the bank comes through. The EDD has since changed to 3/22-3/26. I think this is because I texted the delivery team letting them know I am waiting for the bank, to which they responded not a problem.

If anything drastic changes I'll give an update. I can't believe it's finally happening!