Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This pertains to home delivery only, as far as I know. And your SC may be much more lenient than this lady at mine makes it sound. So, fingers crossed you'll get enough time.

I'm doing a factory delivery. I doubt I'll even tell them I'm there for the exterior examination since I'll already have my stall number before I arrive.

• Informative
Reactions: Jbell and KidsEyeDr
OK, It seems like I'm now a Vinner! Of course after watching the posts here I'm more nervous about getting the car and not missing any issues in the 1st 100 miles then waiting since 2020.
Model X Vin.PNG

Not sure on wheels . It was the performance Y.
Coming from 22" Raven X it was night and day.
Big relief getting back to the X.
From my perspective, I think that the Performance Y might actually ride better than the Y LR. It doesn't make sense, but we've been driving the LR for a while and find it's ride rather jarring. I figured that the higher sidewalls would help cushion the ride - I don't know if they've changed the ride calibration between the models. I'm still mulling over an aftermarket solution as the current setup causes my kids to get queasy.

Taking delivery of my LR white/white 6 seat with 20" tomorrow in Loveland, CO! I will get pics of the car and Tesmanian floor mats up as soon as I can. I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight! 😂
I hope you have better luck than me.

I had a hard time sleeping last night , had the new car detail appt booked this afternoon , only to get the call it's on the way to my house and then 10 min later , nope, there are faults on the screen and we need to work with service. (then my VIN and date are removed from the app)

majorly bummed.

When I went the day my delivery, they told me the same thing, "No. Come back tomorrow." I left and drove to the parking lot with the Xs and inspected the outside myself. Found a few issues, but knew that when I came back the next day, my focus would be the interior. The only advice I can give you is to take your time. What are they gonna do? Lock you out? You'll be inside the car already. Let them cry.
It is a home delivery, once. The car is open sit there and take your time, I don’t think they will pull out of the car while it is in your drive way!!!

Really? Is it too much to ask to get a chance to inspect a 100K car before you agree to buy it? Is it too much to ask for people who have been waiting for such a long time to get more than 5 minutes? Is it too much to ask for Tesla to build the damn thing properly instead of intentionally passing on flaws to the customer and making them deal with it after the fact? No, the answer is no to all of these questions.

I never said I don't want the car. But I'm not going to blindly pay 100K for a hot mess.
My point was, they have informed you what the inspection expectations are. If that is truly unacceptable, then your only choice is to cancel the order.

Now in reality, I expect there is room for compromise. I would guess the inspection *might* be allowed to slip a bit longer than 5 minutes, and that you might be willing to hurry, after all you said you really really want it. If not, then say no thank you, and have the driver pull it back on the truck.

I've bought three Teslas. One leased, the other two cash on delivery. Since I wanted to perform an ACH transfer from my bank to save me the trouble of getting a cashiers check, I had to pay the night before pickup, so they could see the transaction the next morning. But I had no problems with any delivery, although in my case they all were Service Center deliveries. You can vent and scream all you want. But they did tell you what to expect. It is very likely to go just fine. I wouldn't sweat it.

I just called the service center about my Model X order, asking why the delivery time isn’t based on the “order first, delivery first”.

The service team replied:
“We can’t do anything. We don’t build car.”

Why am I not surprised with service team doesn’t build car😅 nice move👍

Tesla is definitely not a customer centric org.