Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol what do you mean... literally EVERY manufacturer in the US already does this...
Sadly it’s true, it’s called old new stock. As long as that VIN was never delivered and payed for it’s new. The only caveat is whether or not it was used as a dealer demo. In that case it’s sold as used. Add a traditional dealership he would receive significant discounts for buying last year’s model, because they want that car off their lot.

It doesn't seem appropriate or even legal that Tesla would sell a car built in 21 as a 2022 model.
I hope this doesn't happen to me....
Teslas built in November and December are next year’s model.

I literally got into an argument at the delivery center with a Tesla advisor who swore up-and-down that Tesla was not doing that. And then pulled out my phone and showed her the email from January 2021 and the offer for me to have my order moved to a refresh with a $2000 discount. Then showed her a second email that was focused on financing for my April 2021 delivery that stated the $2000 discount would be applied at delivery. She asked me to forward her those two emails while continuing to state ” Tesla does not give rebates or discounts ever! “

I explain to her, I’ve been waiting so long for this car to be delivered. You were probably in high school when I made my original order. She was not abused. She then said she would have to take this matter up with her manager and probably discuss it with my original sales advisor. I told her good luck on that, he quit Tesla May 2021 because he get sick of being yelled at by model S & X order holders who did not get their cars in March, April and May.

Now, I know many of you have explained that $2000 discount will be applied in the final days before delivery. But it’s ludicrous that, not even showing them an email demonstrating the facts can they except it… there’s something happening in the customers favor.

Sadly you can’t make this stuff up.
Call the 800 number. Don’t go in person. Those people can never help.

Got VIN today, was completely unexpected. Only thing I did was post the pictures of my current model S for trade in yesterday. Went to local tesla store to just talk to a SA and she checked and lo and behold i have a vin. She was able to see that just today it was assigned to me. And that it's still in Fremont. Ended up setting up for delivery on Apr 5th.
You’re NY too, so that’s great —East Coast deliveries are happening in Apr; what’s your OD?

I literally got into an argument at the delivery center with a Tesla advisor who swore up-and-down that Tesla was not doing that. And then pulled out my phone and showed her the email from January 2021 and the offer for me to have my order moved to a refresh with a $2000 discount. Then showed her a second email that was focused on financing for my April 2021 delivery that stated the $2000 discount would be applied at delivery. She asked me to forward her those two emails while continuing to state ” Tesla does not give rebates or discounts ever! “

I explain to her, I’ve been waiting so long for this car to be delivered. You were probably in high school when I made my original order. She was not abused. She then said she would have to take this matter up with her manager and probably discuss it with my original sales advisor. I told her good luck on that, he quit Tesla May 2021 because he get sick of being yelled at by model S & X order holders who did not get their cars in March, April and May.

Now, I know many of you have explained that $2000 discount will be applied in the final days before delivery. But it’s ludicrous that, not even showing them an email demonstrating the facts can they except it… there’s something happening in the customers favor.

Read your reservation agreement. There is a process. Even an email address to start the process. The email address responded to a question I had, within 24 hours.

Reactions: EV3_

the credit shows up 72 hours before your delivery on your MVPA

Last edited:
Based on a tip a few pages back, emailed: [email protected] and asked about changing the external color from White to Blue for the additional $1500 and keeping the May 2021 base price. As others have posted we received:

Thank you for reaching out. You can make changes without being updated to current pricing however design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will impacted. Please advise if you want to move forward with the paint change request.

Best Regards,

Jorge Sanchez

Inside Operations Advisor

6569 Las Vegas Blvd South, Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89119

Hmmmm.... White is a far more popular car than a blue one. How bad will this ding me? Heck, I have a 7 seat order and Illinois seems willing to give a $4000 incentive if the car comes after July 1. So I went for it. I guess I have to renounce my offer to be the first 7 seater on here...
We are already dinged and will an inch deeper matter

Not sure what decision to make. My SA said that a re-match is showing January 2023 on the computer. and rates are going up. Rejecting for an older build seems like a stupid reason to do it. I'll wait until they detail the car and inspect the interior.
I would definitely check out the car and then decide. If it's a good one I would accept it. Quality seems to be getting worse not better.
The one big issue was that the FWD doors are not working well:
1. Driver-side FWD: Seems like there is an issue with the sensor which is detecting something is next to it (when there is nothing) and refuses to open more than 1/4 of the way. I can't over-ride it to open more. I thought I remember someone else on the forum mention that? Does anyone know if there is a simple fix for it or it needs to be taken to the SC?
2. Passenger-side FWD: Seems to work fine, but when I close it (e.g., close all doors) it doesn't close all the way 1 out of 3 tries? I have to hit the close button again to close it fully. Anyone else experience this?
I recall reading in the Manual there there is a calibration process for the FWD. Go to Controls/Service/Calibrate Doors. Press and hold the Calibrate button until completed. Car needs to be out in the open away from any obstacles. Maybe try that before scheduling service?

I went to Tesla fremont today. The sales person told me that they only assign a few 5 seats model x for each month since the 6 seats is their priority. And I checked together with the sales again for my model x , she said I should get it in July.
For the people that are getting the VIN the last couple of days, anyone with a red exterior? Looks like no love for us red people for the end-of-quarter push. LR, red, white, 6 seat, FSD, Fecb 2021 order
Are they? If they sell a 2021 car in 2022, it's still a 2021 car. Doesn't the paperwork reflect that?
Yes it does. My build is 10/21 and paperwork says it is a 2021

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
They ought to just ship the rolling chassis and have the service centers build them at this rate.
You know what I might do with mine... Lend it to Monroe and Associates! I will have them completely disassemble it and then put it all back... You can see it all on YouTube... (side benefit, I won't have to upload any pictures or measurements for you TMC folks...) :eek:😁😁