Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, there is no edit button online or in the app. But "Jorge" was able to update my order.
Thank you! I thought "Jorge" had been "unlocking" people's accounts with original pricing and they were just making the change. I just responded to "Jorge", so 🤞 the update goes through for me as well with the original base price!

We originally really liked the blue, but the wheels were also white at the time. Between the black trim and the change to black wheels, we no longer favored blue the most. But we've also had another addition to the family and the 5 seat option no longer made sense so if anything we were looking to give them more money. So it was a little frustrating that after all this wait we were being rejected in changing the order without price increases despite the circumstances having changed.

Reactions: gglockner
FWIW....
This is what I think is the Tesla process to do deliveries once a VIN number is assigned, of course in not "Field units"... (based on my experience...)

When you get a VIN (Day 1) ... This is probably the moment they are scheduling the vehicle to be built.
After a few days ( 5 in my case) I received a Text asking to CONFIRM that I will take delivery of the vehicle (and that my profile was correct to put new signing dates in my MVPA). I think this is the moment when the Car has been finished and QA inspected.
After replying CONFIRM... they asked me to schedule delivery appointment. I did it the same day.
At this point I think they send the vehicle to Logistics to be sent to the SC near you (Day 6).
Day 7 I received a text asking to provide proof of my Bank of America Loan. I sent the documents in an email I received.
Day 8 I received confirmation everything was complete for delivery (I think the Car was already in transit)
Today (day 12 after receiving a VIN) I got an email from my local SC giving me congratulations on my new model X. Explaining that the SC representative will call me just before the 2 hour window and saying they will drive the car to my home... I think this happens when they receive the CAR in the SC. So I think it just arrived to Houston and now they will give it the final inspection.
I am suppose to take delivery on day 15 (Saturday) after receiving the VIN...

Hope this helps and I hope my car will be in good shape.

I texted Tesla and someone who is clueless said I was ready to go. I also emailed a previous Tesla finance contact I have and he took care of restarting my loan process and now I am requalified although at a higher rate of 2.74% and now through US Bank instead of Wells Fargo.
They told me too that I'm ready to pick up the car with my 5-month old approval for financing. Should I just to and pick it up? :)

Last edited:
For the antsy ones like I am, I called Fremont, where I'm taking delivery, and they said the car still hasn't finished being built. That can at least give you a sense of build dates, but VINs are not truly sequential anyway.

510-249-3500 / Vehicles/ New Deliveries / Response: "build order date" got me to a good dude.

My EDD is March 23-29. I leave for an international trip on Saturday, March 26, so I'll be calling every day to check in, but since it hasn't been built or gone through QA, decent chance they'll reassign car if they can't get it all done by Friday. I was told I'd put in a "priority queue" if that happens. Heard that before lol. Well, here's to hoping!
Update from calling # again is my car was finished being built today, so 2 days from VIN to built.

Interestingly, they are pushing me to the Sunnyvale delivery center, who will go through the QA process, instead of factory, who is focusing on 3/Y deliveries. This adds a delay, but the guy I spoke with is reaching out to Sunnyvale and my awesome SA to see what can be done because that 10 mile transport adds a delay and also increases risk of truckers doing damage to the car.

I was told that they are being more lenient with holding Xs in particular past 3/31 because they are taking more time to inspect them. Your results may vary.

My SA also seemed optimistic I could get get a hold until 4/3 if they can't finish up QA and deliver by Friday. My SA has been around for 5 years, always responds to my emails, and there's no BS.

There are a lot of aggressive sales tactics being used by some SAs and even in the app/online about paying first, getting insurance asap, and lining up financing before giving away VINs. Not saying it can't happen, but try not to fall for them.

FWIW....
This is what I think is the Tesla process to do deliveries once a VIN number is assigned, of course in not "Field units"... (based on my experience...)

When you get a VIN (Day 1) ... This is probably the moment they are scheduling the vehicle to be built.
After a few days ( 5 in my case) I received a Text asking to CONFIRM that I will take delivery of the vehicle (and that my profile was correct to put new signing dates in my MVPA). I think this is the moment when the Car has been finished and QA inspected.
After replying CONFIRM... they asked me to schedule delivery appointment. I did it the same day.
At this point I think they send the vehicle to Logistics to be sent to the SC near you (Day 6).
Day 7 I received a text asking to provide proof of my Bank of America Loan. I sent the documents in an email I received.
Day 8 I received confirmation everything was complete for delivery (I think the Car was already in transit)
Today (day 12 after receiving a VIN) I got an email from my local SC giving me congratulations on my new model X. Explaining that the SC representative will call me just before the 2 hour window and saying they will drive the car to my home... I think this happens when they receive the CAR in the SC. So I think it just arrived to Houston and now they will give it the final inspection.

Why not "field units"? What's different about that process?

Took my X in to have some of the minor delivery issues resolved. Service gave me a loaner and it came with a name that I thought may be appreciated here.

Anyone know if there’s a way to customize the screen above the yoke like you can in the older models? I really like how I can click the right scroll wheel and then scroll to temperature and such without having to reach my big screen on this older model.

C5FCB3BA-AC6E-41A2-9FE9-A11225EF5179.jpeg

-About 30% of the time, I get a warning saying "Turn signal fault." and I need to get it serviced. Seems to work fine, but that's disconcerting.

This has happened to me twice in a week with the left turn signal. It doesn’t seem to actually have an issue. The signal still works as usual but the error pops up and says it should be serviced. When I dropped it off today for service I noted it to them. I’ll let you know if I get an answer.

Reactions: MX Colo
I had posted yesterday about being very nervous about my delivery appointment due to all of the issues reported in this thread. But it all worked out. There were no significant issues with the inspection, the delivery guy helped me and was very patient. Took about 40 mins to check everything. There is a wider panel gap on the LH FWD vs the RH, but it's not that noticeable and the doors work perfectly, no rubbing or squeaking or anything. I'll make a ticket and get it fixed but it wasn't going to stop me from taking delivery.

Issues noticed after delivery:
Phantom braking on Autopilot is horrendous, not a delivery issue obviously, but a big deal because it makes autopilot useless
Dash cam does not work, the USB drive that came with the car is faulty and/or software for this is currently bugged
Can't watch sentry videos (probably related to the dash cam issue)
Can't figure out some settings, like my mirrors automatically folding when I'm trying to back up into my garage.
Recalibrating the cameras on a good well marked highway can solve the phantom braking problem

Agreed, best to take the 3/31 delivery date and just push it to 4/1 on that day or let Tesla screw up the logistics and let it be delayed due to their own incompetence. My car was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. I even got a call and text that the appointment was confirmed. Only when I called them on Monday afternoon did they admit the car wasn’t even there, but stuck in a railroad logistics lot.
Must be stuck with mine.

RN1167xxxxx placed ~7:05pm on Pi day March 14th, probably one of the last orders before the $12.5k price hike! Talk about dodging a bullet!
Plaid Blue/White/6 seater/20" rims/No FSD/October EDD

I'm perfectly content (sorta not sorta) waiting till June/July for the matrix head light reveal.

--Random data point--
TLDR:
Looks like local Tesla SC associates you've been in contact with have a dashboard view on their potential clients.

Story time:
I'm from Tulsa and while we have a service center in town we can't have cars delivered to the SC. Total bullocks.
While my 3 was in service for the 12v replacement I put my self on the wait list for when they would have a refreshed S on the lot for me to put my butt into.
Several months pass.
Got some texts from an out of state area code saying the S was available on the lot to look at! Joy!
Go and look at the S and come to find out the owner of said phone # texting me was actually a Tulsa associate who just didn't get a local number when they relocated here.
The S got a veto from the better half, to similar to our current 3.
Couple weeks pass.
I YOLO it and put in the order on the X.
The next day I get a text from the Tulsa associate congratulating me on ordering the X.

I haven't pestered him yet if he's my assigned SA or not, I'll probably get a SA from the KC SC, which is where most Tulsan's pick up their Teslas.

FWIW....

Thank you for your information! Today is my third day since I got vin. Probably this weekend my car can be done. I’m in Bay Area, maybe next Monday or Tuesday I can get my car.

Reactions: lexus26