Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car today. Delivery went well. The car appears to be a perfect unicorn, but I will give it a more detailed look I’ve here next day. I now understand how some of you need a day or two to gather your thoughts. Having never owned a Tesla before, it is sensory overload even with n a minimalist car.
C30BA4B1-6666-424C-A78E-9C44310A2509.jpeg

So as promised, i snuck into the delivery lot to see my X early. My vehicle was parked near the intake area with the hazards on signaling it was next to be prepared for delivery. The exterior from my walk around revealed no issues that i could see right away. I’ve attached some pre-delivery photos for the collective to scrutinize. The inside looked very good through the windows. The yoke does have a slight worm.

Attachments

• 1F2F68AB-993C-4872-B61F-2EE0C0AEC863.jpeg
    1F2F68AB-993C-4872-B61F-2EE0C0AEC863.jpeg
    831.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 0813C3AE-ABFC-4454-9694-F36A220B1FD1.jpeg
    0813C3AE-ABFC-4454-9694-F36A220B1FD1.jpeg
    744.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 0037798C-64C8-4A9E-99AA-116E6DE4EE0B.jpeg
    0037798C-64C8-4A9E-99AA-116E6DE4EE0B.jpeg
    973.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 058EE340-4006-419B-A9D1-D95423E33D26.jpeg
    058EE340-4006-419B-A9D1-D95423E33D26.jpeg
    762.9 KB · Views: 105
  • F8899AAD-87F5-4132-AD79-EF417E975D22.jpeg
    F8899AAD-87F5-4132-AD79-EF417E975D22.jpeg
    523.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DE4AF3A7-A2B7-4159-8FE6-F5A7C0EBCC2A.jpeg
    DE4AF3A7-A2B7-4159-8FE6-F5A7C0EBCC2A.jpeg
    836.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 9C7E5E7C-D531-43A9-9C09-2F146F418A04.jpeg
    9C7E5E7C-D531-43A9-9C09-2F146F418A04.jpeg
    716.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 4FF46590-0477-4EC6-9F3A-6366BBE70F24.jpeg
    4FF46590-0477-4EC6-9F3A-6366BBE70F24.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 149
I swung by the service center today to check out our new Model X. We are hopefully taking delivery on Tuesday afternoon. I found the car and did a very quick walk around since there were several Tesla staff moving a ton of cars around.. they were super busy. Any thoughts on how easily these items can be remedied? Looks like a paint chip and some alignment issues. I also saw a piece of paper on the dash that has Paint marked off..? I did notice the S worm on the steering wheel... Is that worth mentioning or are all the yokes this way?
Pictures look bad.... I would be right on the fence... not sure what I will do with your situation.... I am picking up my car tomorrow...

For reference, my order of 1/17/2021 (pre-refresh) costs $31,700 less than an order placed today! A whopping 29% increase. This differential includes local sales taxes and DMV fees. (This is not a guesstimate, it is actual...)

Another interesting thing: for the 2021 order, they credited the $100 order fee towards the purchase price. New orders pay $250 and are not credited back.

I’m actually not sure. They said there should be a wiring harness in there and all I found was the hitch receiver. In the hitch bag, there was a second smaller cutout for something but nothing was in there. I’m learning as I go!

The second smaller cutout is for the plastic receiver port plug. When you remove the rear bumper panel to install the receiver, you remove the plastic plug and store it in that smaller hole.

Like many others, I recently showed a March 25-April 15 estimated delivery date. Was even contacted by them to discuss a trade in. Yesterday that was moved back to the "July" date.

Since I ordered prior to the recent price increases, is it possible that Tesla is simply selling the available X at the new higher pricing, and moving many of us back in the line with a nebulous July date? :(.

Yes.

Just checking in here... Glad to see so many people getting their cars here! I remember the gloomy days when there were no VINs in sight..... I only had my car for 2 days and its been at the wrap place ever since... I can't wait to get it back today or tomorrow, I'll post some pics with the wrap done.
what color is the wrap? I want like a orange/gold color

Reactions: JER85
I wasn't originally going to do a trade-in, but I requested a quote and Tesla came in $1,200 below CarMax's quote. I'm guessing that when I do finally get a VIN it will be very sudden and that much like the stories I've read on here that they'll demand payment immediately. I figure that by the time I sell my car to CarMax, deposit that check, and get a new check made out to Tesla it might not fit in their ridiculous timelines. Also, what if I sell my car to CarMax and then they yank my VIN leaving me stranded with no car, or I get to the service center and find out that there are dealbreaker quality problems? I'll eat the $1,200 to avoid these headaches.
In some states you get a sales tax credit for the amount of the trade-in (up to the sales price of the car you are purchasing. If you are in one of those states then perhaps the trade-in sales tax credit covers the difference?

Last edited:
Reactions: neo1738
So as promised, i snuck into the delivery lot to see my X early. My vehicle was parked near the intake area with the hazards on signaling it was next to be prepared for delivery. The exterior from my walk around revealed no issues that i could see right away. I’ve attached some pre-delivery photos for the collective to scrutinize. The inside looked very good through the windows. The yoke does have a slight worm.
It's looking pretty good to my eyes. FWDs line up w the front doors well. No crazy gaps in the hood or trunk. We're pulling for you!

I ACTUALLY DID link without paying. I've got a payment account configured in the app and a blue button that says "Pay". No withdrawal happened from the account I pointed it to.

Not sure why some other people are having a different experience.

Bruce.
Ya... its a bit tricky, I was able to link the account without paying. I linked the account and then exitted. I meant to go back in and verify the account was in fact linked and I would be able to see it when I got there... but in doing so it paid for it.

To me the confusion was 3 things:
1) When I linked the account, there was no obvious way to link and then exit. After linking it took you directly to pay. There was a "back" (which I assume would undo the linking and take me back to that) so instead I exitted the app.

2) The button that got me into the payment to link the account was labelled "Pay", even though I didn't pay. When I went back the same Pay button was there. I assumed this would bring up a page to pay, it didn't... it actually paid.

3) When I clicked the pay button (thinking it would take me to pay,not actually pay) it paid without any request for confirmation. I clicked it and it jsut said "You paid $110k" or whatever.

-=Jeff

In some states you get a sales tax credit for the amount of the trade-in (up to the sales price of the car you are purchasing. If you are in one of those states then perhaps the trade-in sales tax credit covers the difference?
That’s how my trade (Model 3 LR) is working (Georgia). The $3,000+ tax savings makes up for the slightly lower trade offer.

Reactions: unibrowser
Does anyone have a picture of the new tail lights illuminated with brake and turn signal? Wondering if its the same design as the old one where the brake/turn are the same
As requested. First is the brake signal, second is the left turn signal.

Attachments

• IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1264.jpeg
    IMG_1264.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 143
The connector is there. The brake controller that plugs into it is sold separately.
Sorry to repeat myself, but this is not entirely correct. The 4-pin brake connector is in the vehicle. However, Tesla no longer includes the 4-pin pigtail adapter that plugs into that connector - you must order that from the parts department. And, to state the obvious, you need to purchase a trailer brake controller separately.

Alternately, you can skip these plugs entirely and get a Curt Echo Mobile Trailer Brake Controller. This is what I will be doing.

If I switch to Plaid, any idea if they honor the price from the original order date?
They told me they would, Im on the fence about it right now... Im wondering if there is any difference in the two rather than just an extra motor and the plaid badge... On my Model Y the Performance had a completely different (and rougher) suspension. So i want to make sure its still the same great car just faster..

Reactions: MacMac