Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just changed my seat configuration from 5 seats to 7 by emailing [email protected]. I will update the spreadsheet as soon as I find it again. I wanted to give a shout out to this group for the wealth of info. Without you I wouldn't have known Tesla would honor the original price.
My EDD still says July, same as it did with the 5 seat reservation. Come on 7 seats!
I just emailed them to see about changing my 7 seat to 6 seats! The edit-design trick didn't work for me.

My EDD shifts every day. Today it moved to 3/29 - 4/2 from 3/28 - 4/1 and so fourth. I'm hoping that they didn't actually start building my VIN and that that don't until April 1st. No joke :)

And then they can take their time and not rush it.

My suspicion is that they are rushing it and they're going to roll it out of the factory and call me at 11 pm on Thursday evening and tell me I have to pay for it and pick it up before midnight :p

What accessories are everyone buying. I’ve ordered the screen protectors. What are you fellow waiters are getting.

This is what I got so far:

- screen protector from abstract ocean

- key fob holder from amazon

- all weather floor mats from Tesmanian (backordered till May)

- nema 14-50 plug adapter

- Snap plate (my state requires front plate)

-Tesla wall charger

- Gel enhanced seat cushion from Tesmanian (mostly to use when I wear dark jeans)

- 1772 adapter lock

- black silicone case for E-Z pass tag... I plan on sticking it behind the screen and this makes it look black and less noticeable

That's all I have so far, but I'm sure there will be more lol.

the 510 # for the Fremont folks definitely give conflicting info:
  • called them yesterday after getting a VIN just to see when the build date was; the guy said "you're car was just built today 3/28 and will undergo a rigorous inspection process before being shipped to SoCal"
  • called them just now b/c Irvine is already trying to schedule a pickup for tomorrow (how could the car be inspected within an hour and shipped off)
  • the lady looked up my VIN and said my car was actually made last Thurs 3/24 (not 3/28 like the guy said yesterday) - she also said "i don't know if they inspect all the vehicles, but i'm sure they do"
🤣😂

Here is my recap after 20 hours or so in my MX Plaid.

Service Center: The employees at the Buena Park, CA Service Center were all very nice. As mentioned before, I was lucky enough to have someone I know with access to the car inspect it inside and out the morning before I picked it up, so I wasn't concerned with the quality. The car was offsite when I arrived for my appointment. The Buena Park SC is small. The cars are delivered to a large parking lot a few miles away. I had to wait about 30 minutes for them to bring my car over. This is not normal. They did have roughly 15 other cars in the lot waiting for delivery. When the driver pulled in, instead of parking in the delivery area, he pulled into a supercharger and plugged it in. The battery was only at 38%, so they wanted to charge it to 100% for me. That was very nice, but I did not have 40 minutes to spare. While they were friendly, they did seem protective about my seeing the inside of the car. I didn't ask, but they were careful to shut everything quickly. I had to wait to "accept" the car so the charging would not be charged to me. It was raining off and on, so the car was not cleaned well. I was fine with that. It's pointless to clean a car in the rain. I'll clean it well this week. After 15 minutes I had to go to pick up my daughter from school. so he unplugged it, I accepted on the app, and I was able to access the car. Off I went.

Driving: Holy *sugar*! I have been driving a Hoda Pilot for the last 13 years. My wife has a new MDX, so it wasn't a complete leap, but still. I felt comfortable with the yoke right away. Maybe a little awkward on the first 3 point turn in the parking lot, but 100% fine since then. The blinkers are great. Yes, I have to look at them when I want to turn, but I have yet to reach for a stalk. In the next few days, I feel confident I will be using them without looking. I didn't realize it was in Plaid mode for my first drive. I pressed the accelerator about 10% and it scared the crap out of me. I figured it out after a couple of miles and switched to Chill. The drive modes and suspension modes really change the feel of the car dramatically. The only issue I have experienced so far is later in the day my cameras froze and for about 15 minutes the navigation lagged. After dinner, the cameras started freezing and pixelating and the navigation was behind. I would already be turning on the next street and the navigation screen and voice were telling me I was making the turn 3 blocks back. It was raining hard, so maybe that was part of it? After I stopped I did a reset (two buttons on the steering yoke) and selected to recalibrate the cameras. The cameras are fine now. I did hear there is a camera issue that is resolved in the latest update. Since the cameras are recalibrating I have not been able to use TCC or FSD yet. I'm looking forward to that.

I did try a quick Plaid acceleration on my way to work. I went from 30 MPH to just over 60 MPH. It was overwhelming. My arms strained as I gripped the wheel. It is a lot of power that will take some time to get used to. It is definitely not something to screw around with.

Overall: It's nice to have a new car with all of this technology. It's a quiet well mannered SUV when it needs to be and an absolute beast when you want to have some fun. I'll post more pictures in the next day or two now that the sun is coming out. Thank you to everyone on this thread for the knowledge, camaraderie, and humor during this journey. I am addicted to reading this thread, so I do not see myself checking out completely, but now I will explore other threads on TMC now as well.

There is hope for those stuck with FSD after adding it trying to get your car delivered.

Court orders Tesla to buy back car from customer who felt Autopilot was like ‘a drunk first-time driver’
That was Germany. Unfortunately that probably won't work here. Read your RNxxxxxxxx. Unless you opt-ed out within 30 days, you are bound by Arbitration.

But....There was another post of someone who ignored that, took Tesla to Court on their own, they didn't show up and won a judgement. And Tesla paid. YMMV

Got an SMS message from Tesla asking if I can pick-up in the next 1-3 days or I want to delay. Before that I got a call if there's any car to trade-in. No VIN yet tho.

Does that mean I am probably top of line and the first car produced is mine? I am hopeful but somewhat I feel like I am going to be disappointed. Did someone else had a similar experience with getting that SMS?

I'm not into advertisements. But I do agree on your point. Aside from the looks and software tech, whomever takes a Lucid del'y will be pretty happy. And I want that 500 mile range.
I have reserved one, car is impressive in person, and drives solid [had test drive], software still lags behind and bit buggy, but with NVIDIA on board it should improve, I will se when delivery time comes, and Oh BTW, their customer service people are well informed and very helpful [unlike Tesla]

Today was the day to take delivery of our new "field" model X (2021 VIN) in Loveland.
The car looked great. I saw no obvious panel gaps (much better than our 2016 Model X); paint looked good.
Unfortunately, the seat behind the driver does not move correctly.
The tech's were not able to fix it.
The seat just moves forward; not backward; eventually the seat is pushed all the way forward against the driver's seat.
Basically unusable.
So... 2 tracks
* order new seat to replace the defective seat [no one knows the timeline]
* get another new Tesla X with a new VIN (we are on the "short" list) [not sure what that means]
Whatever happens first is what we will do.
I followed the advise in this forum and did not pay for the vehicle until we had time to do an inspection.
Oh well...
LR, 6 seat, MSM, cream interior, 20" wheels, FSD
We ended up taking delivery of a 2022 Plaid model X yesterday. I updated the spreadsheet.
Plaid, 6 seat, black interior, 20" wheels, FSD.
We had a call from the SC on Saturday that this vehicle was available.
We checked it out and it looked fine to us.
We were able to purchase the vehicle for the March 2021 price.

Got an SMS message from Tesla asking if I can pick-up in the next 1-3 days or I want to delay. Before that I got a call if there's any car to trade-in. No VIN yet tho.

Does that mean I am probably top of line and the first car produced is mine? I am hopeful but somewhat I feel like I am going to be disappointed. Did someone else had a similar experience with getting that SMS?
I could be wrong but I think they also have a list of people who they can contact to take deliveries in case of rejections, which happens quite a lot during EOQ.