Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, exactly 420 days after ordering, we have finally taken delivery of our 2022 LR Model X! This vehicle is such an insane jump in quality, interior layout, and overall quality from a 2020 X and our Model Y that I was surprised. Loving the car so far after putting ~70 miles on it. Excited to drive it more in the coming days. Good luck ya'll, it's coming!

Wow I was just lamenting as I was watching your 1200 mile Road trip in your Raven, that you didn't have your new car yet and, Bamm!

• Funny
Reactions: DirtyT3sla
So not sure if some new happy owners have experienced this issue or not, but figured I'd post it here to add it to your "keep an eye/ear out for this issue during delivery".

During random times (unpredictable unfortunately), I'll be driving and noise starts coming out of my seat. It almost sounds like beach waves or white noise from a TV. My guess is that it's the 'noice cancellation device' instead of the headrest. But I've added it to my list of issues that I hope the service center will resolve some day. I say that as my appointment keeps getting moved farther and farther out without any end in sight.

This bug has been happening since I received the vehicle with 2021.43.201 software. I'm now on 2022.8.2 and it's still happening. Some extra bugs came with this new software though. And as far as noise cancelling... is it good? NOPE! It's garbage. Can't even tell the difference. It MAY be that I have a faulty device, hence the issue I'm having. Time will tell.

EDIT: The noise persists through volume being turned off, AC being turned off, and even during reboot.

Last edited:
So not sure if some new happy owners have experienced this issue or not, but figured I'd post it here to add it to your "keep an eye/ear out for this issue during delivery".

During random times (unpredictable unfortunately), I'll be driving and noise starts coming out of my seat. It almost sounds like beach waves or white noise from a TV. My guess is that it's the 'noice cancellation device' instead of the headrest. But I've added it to my list of issues that I hope the service center will resolve some day. I say that as my appointment keeps getting moved farther and farther out without any end in sight.

This bug has been happening since I received the vehicle with 2021.43.201 software. I'm now on 2022.8.2 and it's still happening. Some extra bugs came with this new software though. And as far as noise cancelling... is it good? NOPE! It's garbage. Can't even tell the difference. It MAY be that I have a fault device, hence the issue I'm having. Time will tell.

EDIT: The noise persists through volume being turned off, AC being turned off, and even during reboot.

That's an odd one. Doubt it's the noise canceling because I don't think 2021.43.201 had that feature. Also, there shouldn't be a speaker in your headrest. I think it is just a mic. Maybe some weird feedback coming from your mic? I do have to admit I'm not sure how their noise canceling works though.

I agree with you on the value of the noise canceling. If you pull up the audio settings while driving and look at the Options screen (where noise canceling switch is), you'll see it at times tell you to lower the fan speed to enable noise canceling. I can't tell if it is on or off. No reduction is road noise for me.

Reactions: Stro

This bug has been happening since I received the vehicle with 2021.43.201 software. I'm now on 2022.8.2 and it's still happening. Some extra bugs came with this new software though. And as far as noise cancelling... is it good? NOPE! It's garbage. Can't even tell the difference. It MAY be that I have a fault device, hence the issue I'm having. Time will tell.

Here's a slim possibility to add to your evaluation of 'the noise'. On a previous ICE vehicle that had ventilated seats, an air filter that led to the seats had become clogged and it caused a strange intermittent sound. I know you said you heard the sound even with the AC off but you might still add the seat ventilation to the range of possibilities. Good luck with figuring it out.

• Helpful
Seems like a frequent problem. I wonder what the odds are of this "new" one being solid for more than a month. I'm also slightly concerned that after 21 days my battery will be dead and "permanent damage" done to it. Do they actively prevent that from happening?

I doubt the battery will die in 21 days unless it was super low. Just don't access it via remote\mobile, but you probably can't do that anyway since it sounds like all power to the thing is dead.

Reactions: Gigawat
June 2021 order. Just change MXLR order from 7 seat to 6 seat without being updated to the current pricing with the help of Jorge. I don't think there's any date cut off associated with making this change (some were saying the cut off date is Aug 2021). EDD still July.
CB16059F-90B1-4B9E-B5A6-371CA805EC56.png

Just had Jorge update my order from Feb 2021 from an MXLR to a MX Plaid. Did the LR receive many more price increases over the last 13 months vs the Plaid? Right now my revised Order agreement ( OOD was Feb 2021) is only about $10k off from just ordering a new one today.
My agreement says $133,9 when I had the LR at $103,9 similarly configured.
Was the Plaid really $30k more in Feb 2021? Today, and similarly equipped, it's only about $17k off???
What’s your exact config? I’m considering changing to Plaid as well and would like to know exact price before doing so.

Reactions: RoBoRaT

This bug has been happening since I received the vehicle with 2021.43.201 software. I'm now on 2022.8.2 and it's still happening. Some extra bugs came with this new software though. And as far as noise cancelling... is it good? NOPE! It's garbage. Can't even tell the difference. It MAY be that I have a faulty device, hence the issue I'm having. Time will tell.

Maybe a dumb question, but could it be the fan for the ventilated seats?

• Helpful
Reactions: Stro and DelPhonic1

Also just had my post-delivery SC visit pushed out again. Initially booked for late Feb, now pushed to 4/20. Super lame.

Just received a call from Tesla. They asked me to trade in my current 2018 model X, so I said sure. The current eta for my new x is April 4-25 but I don't have a vin so I hope this means I am assigned one soon. I asked if I could trust the date range on my account (since it keeps changing) and was told they have no idea if the eta will stick because they are just responsible for trade ins. If anything, I hope the trade in doesn't slow things down after 15 months of waiting haha

Do you have links, especially for the adapter lock and the black silicone case for the EZ-pass? Thx
This is the lock I picked up... its one of the 3d printed ones, but this one had the most reviews on amazon:

I wanted to get the aluminum one from eBay but it was always sold out and now I don't even see it listed.

This is the E-Z pass case:

this is the cushion from Tesmanian:

I got it basically to protect the white seats when I wear dark jeans, but its also super comfy and my wife really likes the added height

I also got these kick mats for my seatbacks... I have 2 little ones so these are necessary... I will let you guys know how they fit and look once they come in:

and just in case some of you are not aware of the floor mats, here they are:

Well, exactly 420 days after ordering, we have finally taken delivery of our 2022 LR Model X! This vehicle is such an insane jump in quality, interior layout, and overall quality from a 2020 X and our Model Y that I was surprised. Loving the car so far after putting ~70 miles on it. Excited to drive it more in the coming days. Good luck ya'll, it's coming!

Funny, I literally just finished watching your 1200 mile roadtrip video, then I log on and see this... Congrats!!! can't wait to see your review video and hopefully another roadtrip video in the new refresh soon.

This is what I got so far:

- screen protector from abstract ocean

- key fob holder from amazon

- all weather floor mats from Tesmanian (backordered till May)

- nema 14-50 plug adapter

- Snap plate (my state requires front plate)

-Tesla wall charger

- Gel enhanced seat cushion from Tesmanian (mostly to use when I wear dark jeans)

- 1772 adapter lock

- black silicone case for E-Z pass tag... I plan on sticking it behind the screen and this makes it look black and less noticeable

That's all I have so far, but I'm sure there will be more lol.
Add Mudflaps. Only Front needed.

Reconsider MaxSpider or Tuxmat mats over any “rubber Matt” (e.g. Tesla mats are garbage compared to MaxPider).

In fact I have a full set from my 2019 Raven X that probably fit I need to get rid of.

I’m waiting very impatiently for MaxPider or Tuxmat for Model S Refresh to come out.

Reactions: JER85