Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla delivered my X Plaid in undrivable condition with a cracked windshield, bumper needing replacement, doors which didn't work among many other issues. They took the vehicle back to the service center hours after delivery. They have had the vehicle for 2 months now in the service center and each time they address an issue, something else pops up preventing them from returning the vehicle to me. The latest issue is a suspension malfunction making it not safe to drive, so they expect they will need the car for yet another month. Has anyone else dealt with a new car requiring three months of service to make it drivable? Not sure what to think at this point.

There should be a USB port in the glovebox with a USB stick in it already for sentry mode. I think there are probably some other USB ports in the center console? The in-car instructions for the garage door opener should be fairly clear, or at least they were when I set it up in my M3. Might be worth googling the manual for your particular garage door opener for its HomeLink instructions as well.
I had to do the install about 4 times before it worked. I had to Delete and then try again. Seems like I did the same thing each time but finally it worked.

Tesla delivered my X Plaid in undrivable condition with a cracked windshield, bumper needing replacement, doors which didn't work among many other issues. They took the vehicle back to the service center hours after delivery. They have had the vehicle for 2 months now in the service center and each time they address an issue, something else pops up preventing them from returning the vehicle to me. The latest issue is a suspension malfunction making it not safe to drive, so they expect they will need the car for yet another month. Has anyone else dealt with a new car requiring three months of service to make it drivable? Not sure what to think at this point.
Welcome to Tesla!

Did you pay for the car already? I would check your state's lemon laws and then tell Tesla hey have X amount of time to fix it or you want a new car.

Lesson to everyone on here. DO NOT pay for or accept the car until you are happy with it. Demand to inspect the car before you accept it. It is absolutely ridiculous for them to prevent you from looking at the car before you accept it. You are the customer.

Just got her back from wrapping

Satin Dark Gray

Attachments

• 38812B00-993B-4DAE-AF04-57A9B8CEEBE7.jpeg
    38812B00-993B-4DAE-AF04-57A9B8CEEBE7.jpeg
    722 KB · Views: 105
  • E45B881D-7018-4392-BE24-B3F5A640887C.jpeg
    E45B881D-7018-4392-BE24-B3F5A640887C.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 5351127A-F161-44FC-9E17-D01D1678D9B0.jpeg
    5351127A-F161-44FC-9E17-D01D1678D9B0.jpeg
    649.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 5D156CB3-7473-450E-8E47-5A718C952DE0.jpeg
    5D156CB3-7473-450E-8E47-5A718C952DE0.jpeg
    819.2 KB · Views: 77
  • C88C7583-3828-4F17-921B-FE74214A5DDE.jpeg
    C88C7583-3828-4F17-921B-FE74214A5DDE.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 77
  • D2BECB53-B2B5-4010-8186-287FA2B2F7F4.jpeg
    D2BECB53-B2B5-4010-8186-287FA2B2F7F4.jpeg
    720.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 266B02D9-88D8-4A95-94F7-1D35397EB918.jpeg
    266B02D9-88D8-4A95-94F7-1D35397EB918.jpeg
    730.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hey guys, I ordered pre-refresh around Nov 2020, in Toronto. LR 5seater, still no end in sight. I see the price has increased by about 25k since I ordered. I was going to lease it as this would be my first tesla/ev, and I am skeptical of the yoke. But I'm wondering if it would be better to just buy it? Thanks.
My (expensive) 2 cents worth - buy it only if you see holding onto it for a long time. If you choose to lease it, make it a short lease and keep the miles low. I finally broke down in January to buyout my Model S because Tesla has been so wonderful about it's EDDs 🙄. It wasn't in my plans, but it was a decision made in light of the way Tesla has been doing business as of late. We'll see if I keep with the Model X at this point. I'm still waiting for the final paperwork to show up after 2+ months to finalize the S buyout.

sounds like a lemon to me. In Ca if they can't fix it for 21 days in a raw it's a lemon.
I know because i did that on my range rover and it wasn't a safety issue for a repeated fix attempted, they were just out of a suspension part for 2 months so i did a lemon case and got my money back

also part of your purchase agreement includes a lemon law notice, you should find the details regarding your state over there.

Last edited:
Get a lawyer skilled in lemon law issues.

sounds like a lemon to me. In Ca if they can't fix it for 21 days in a raw it's a lemon.
I know because i did that on my range rover and it wasn't a safety issue for a repeated fix attempted, they were just out of a suspension part for 2 months so i did a lemon case and got my money back

also part of your purchase agreement includes a lemon law notice, you should find the details regarding your state over there.
They provided me with a loaner vehicle, a 2017 Model X. So apparently that exempts them from a lemon law claim in Texas. However, the loaner vehicle has a loud noise coming from the left front axle, and the vehicle shakes during acceleration. I have tried to notify the service center to address this but they are not responding. It is incredibly difficult to get in touch with them. I have to call an 800 number at Tesla, go through a phone tree, be placed on hold, then transferred to the service center. More often than not, when I am transferred the call is answered by a computer saying "this voicemail box has not been set up," then I am disconnected.

They provided me with a loaner vehicle, a 2017 Model X. So apparently that exempts them from a lemon law claim in Texas. However, the loaner vehicle has a loud noise coming from the left front axle, and the vehicle shakes during acceleration. I have tried to notify the service center to address this but they are not responding. It is incredibly difficult to get in touch with them. I have to call an 800 number at Tesla, go through a phone tree, be placed on hold, then transferred to the service center. More often than not, when I am transferred the call is answered by a computer saying "this voicemail box has not been set up," then I am disconnected.
Wow. Unbelievable that in TX a loaner gets them out of it.
Definitely not the case in Ca

Reactions: croman
Updated signature and went to update the order tracker and whoever saved me the misery of removing my VIN from the VIN column: thank you :)

What a day it's been. Started the day fearing I'd end up with a Perf Y and LR X and am left with literally nothing. Went to Sunnyvale and the rep there said it may be weeks before I can get my car, despite being in "priority" list. Hope he is wrong, but this is infuriating.