Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you that have had recent deliveries.... I recall months ago, the early Xs had distortions in the glass. Has that been sorted? I haven't seen anyone complain about that recently.
There are dried water marks in-between the laminated window panes on the driver front window on the bottom. I at first thought that the window was dirty but the dried water marks do not come off on either side. That is also on the list. Plus when lowering the window, it vibrates pretty loudly. Passenger side is fine.

What's the final verdict on minimum garage height? We have a tuck-under with a low ceiling.

I think letting the elders out the back before going into the garage will be a hard sell with the rest of the family.
I had low height doors and I was able to take the Model X home overnight for a test drive.

Not sure if the Video helps. I could open it further but that’s where it automatically stopped. It was fine. I added rubber foam bumpers on the rails in case it did hit.

Had to be extra careful when garage door was open. I never had an incident in 2.5 years. But I’ll be honest it was a little extra work being careful.

BTW that Video had 0.5 million views :)

It's called Phantom braking and it is a thing. Very common. My wife has banned the use of AP when she's in the car due to it. Tesla's are great cars to drive. Just drive them :)

You can try recalibrating the cameras (and make sure they are clean) but I haven't found this to make a difference in our 2018 MS.

Sorry! Coming from a Roadster and MS I hadn't pondered the height of my garage and garage door before.

Besides, EOQ is over, we need something to talk about while Tesla regroups and starts building cars again :)
Thank you, even though I have seen the phrase Phantom braking before, never bothered to check it until today. It’s too much work to keep your foot near pedal and jump in when the braking happens. I tried it again today for about an hour and it happened atleast 10 times and one time it was from 74 - 52. After that I turned it off and drove it myself.

They wouldn't hold until April 15th for any of those. That has typically been an EPA thing that they would hold for.
Unless the horn became mandatory or something. Very curious.
Or they ran out of some part (again) and replacing it with something better.
We all believed that one customer service person acount a new retrofit surprise, we started to make assumption, i hope it is not just a hoax.

Regarding the build quality... 🤪 Day 2 revealed a lot of interesting stuff. At least, we stayed alive.

Car Issues

We've decided to drive in our new beautiful car to Pinnacles National Park. Just when we arrived, the rear camera showed a frozen image. It displayed a car at its remote position when it was actually right behind! The side cameras turned pitch black. That was an ominous sign, but I couldn't even imagine how far it would go. In a few minutes, the situation deteriorated dramatically. The car started signing a constant song of errors. Among them were:

1. Brake system fault. Contact Tesla immediately.
2. Parking brake fault. Undocumented indicator light.
3. Air suspension fault.
4. Parking brake fault notifications that appeared every few seconds.
5. Flashing instrument light indicators.
6. The side cameras remained pitch black.
7. The rear camera was showing outdated images.
8. Music stopped playing and signed out from Spotify on its own.

View attachment 786556
An important update after a service appointment. All the issues above were caused by computer overheating. It seems that the first 5-seaters were shipped with the malfunctioning software version 2022.3.102!

It makes the rear camera freeze, and you may hit a car thinking that it’s far from you when it’s actually right behind your car. This triggers the overheating issue. And that one in a combination with a hardware issue causes a dozen of other faults.

The hardware issue seems to be one of the following:
1. The lack of car preparation after manufacturing. The coolant in the computer cooling system must be purged from air bubbles. This process takes about an hour in the service center, but the factory apparently can’t wait for so long. So, cars are purging the air bubbles during the first days of use. If the overheating issue occurs in this period, then this causes a dozen of other faults as it happened to me on day 2 after the delivery.
2. Insufficient cooling system for the maximum possible load on the computer. This would be a serious design issue with no solution available! I bet on this option.
3. Malfunctioning computer. I don’t believe in this option. But Tesla service agreed to replace the computer if the issue repeats. That’s good of them.

The software bug that caused overheating was fixed in version 2022.8.3. Go to the service to make it pushed to your car. They also told me that they were thinking about recalling the software version with the overheating issue. They should really do that to save people from having an awful experience with their new cars!

Last edited:
An important update after a service appointment. All the issues above were caused by computer overheating. It seems that the first 5-seaters were shipped with the malfunctioning software version 2022.3.102!

It makes the rear camera freeze, and you may hit a car thinking that it’s far from you when it’s actually right behind your car. This triggers the overheating issue. And that one in a combination with a hardware issue causes a dozen of other faults.

1. The lack of car preparation after manufacturing. The coolant in the computer cooling system must be purged from air bubbles. This process takes about an hour in the service center, but the factory apparently can’t wait for so long. So, cars are purging the air bubbles during the first days of use. If the overheating issue occurs in this period, then this causes a dozen of other faults as it happened to me on day 2 after the delivery.
2. Insufficient cooling system for the maximum possible load on the computer. This would be a serious design issue with no solution available! I bet on this option.
3. Malfunctioning computer. I don’t believe in this option. But Tesla service agreed to replace the computer if the issue repeats. That’s good of them.

The software bug that caused overheating was fixed in version 2022.8.3. Go to the service to make it pushed to your car. They also told me that they were thinking about recalling the software version with the overheating issue. They should really do that to save people from having an awful experience with their new cars!
One more reason why fully trusting your car to drive you is not a great idea…

I am having the same issue.. Can't get the car to update yet it says I need to under service in the app. Frustrating!
I've reading folks having some issues like with the seatbelt restraint, and cars freaking out after supercharging... I haven't had any issues yet *knock on wood* so to be honest I am ok with being on the old software right now..... It's like one of those "careful what you wish for things" everything is working well and I'm afraid if I update I'll start having problems... So I'm content right now

Wow, big slowdown in posts so far this week. If this is the new pace I may receive my Model X before page 3000. 🤪

Yep...big slowdown. Probably a combination of the start of the quarter and the apparent hold until April 15th +/-. I plan to update the graph I did (at page 1500, on 4/2/22) when we reach page 1525 and it will probably reflect this slowdown (and possibly a subsequent speedup).

See the last graph here:
1649168893832.png

is there an official hold until 4/15? I was supposed to get my Plaid X in march, they texted me that it would come in April. Current date range April 02 - April 23

Looks like i might've just missed quarter end but they said they had me on priority for April
Nothing official from Tesla but lots of evidence in this thread such as folks getting comments from SA combined a lack of deliveries and new VINs.

Reactions: gglockner
Thank you, even though I have seen the phrase Phantom braking before, never bothered to check it until today. It’s too much work to keep your foot near pedal and jump in when the braking happens. I tried it again today for about an hour and it happened atleast 10 times and one time it was from 74 - 52. After that I turned it off and drove it myself.
On the highway it has been **extremely** rare to have phantom braking, to the point that I pretty much sit back and enjoy the ride.

On small roads with overhanging trees, phantom braking occurs every few seconds.

I find it really hard to believe they used a water cooling solution on the MCU...