Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP3 with AMD Ryzen. Hardware 4 is the question looming on the horizon…
They are not gonna park and hold built Model X’s, pull out HW3 and put in HW4 just on Model X’s. Nor replace headlights etc.

Something is very wrong. It’s a software or a hardware defect. That is a safety issue or an issue that will cost them more money to repair if they don’t stop the presses and fix it now.

It could result in something upgraded to resolve. But I highly doubt it would be the stable FSD 3.0 computer, shipping in all other Tesla’s.

So are you going to buy an EQS or not? Your negotiation strategy is confusing me.

We’ll sell you this one on the lot with a minor $35,000 fee to apply some important rust under coating and to account for some “documentation fees”.
I haven't decided yet. I'll get some new car soon. You got my negotiation strategy from that post to confuse you? LMAO! If every dealer thinks they'll get a markup... I'll be collecting my X by... Sep? Tesla was the only car I paid MSRP. That was the Y that I bought but technically I have the X for well under today's price :) All my other cars I got well below dealers asking price.

They are not gonna park and hold built Model X’s, pull out HW3 and put in HW4 just on Model X’s. Nor replace headlights etc.

Something is very wrong. It’s a software or a hardware defect. That is a safety issue or an issue that will cost them more money to repair if they don’t stop the presses and fix it now.

It could result in something upgraded to resolve. But I highly doubt it would be the stable FSD 3.0 computer, shipping in all other Tesla’s.
Doubt it — it’s probably the turnable screen functionality…

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Also I think this is surely a ripple effect of chip shortages. Building cars, putting them aside. Finishing later. Many cars with different chips in them. Restarting Refreshed S/X. Keeeping it all straight must be an absolute nightmare.

I can see the mtg now. If we open valve X at above temp Y, W cars will blow out part Z. If we close valve X below temp Y’ , V cars will lose control above speed T.

x100

I’ve dealt with software compatibility across obsolete parts my whole career. On much simpler systems and much slower rates. It must be absolutely insane. More complex than FSD just to keep things running. These cars are so complex. It will be interesting what they share.

I assume you are joking. Stop deliveries for the swivel screen to be enabled? That could be enabled at any time later?
Not likely, but certainly plausible. Gives the team a breather after the EoQ push and allows the hardware to be installed before delivery rather than scheduling an appointment with the SC to come back in. No real benefit to pushing units quickly at the start of a new quarter.

I think the safety theory is more plausible.

Reactions: jboy210 and sorka
Not likely, but certainly plausible. Gives the team a breather after the EoQ push and allows the hardware to be installed before delivery rather than scheduling an appointment with the SC to come back in. No real benefit to pushing units quickly at the start of a new quarter.

Not even plausible. If it was stoping production line to retrofit something sure, it could be anything. Lights, swivel etc.

They Stopped delivering cars already built and shipped !!! Some at delivery centers with appt’s to deliver. Why suddenly would they stop everything, just to add a nice to have?

SA to Customer: “No sir, I know your car is right there. But you can’t have it until we enable the swivel screen on April 15th”

If swivel screens ever do happen, it probably won’t be for at least a year. If ever.

Not even plausible. If it was stoping production line to retrofit something sure, it could be anything. Lights, swivel etc.

They Stopped delivering cars already built and shipped !!! Some at delivery centers with appt’s to deliver. Why suddenly would they stop everything, just to add a nice to have?

SA to Customer: “No sir, I know your car is right there. But you can’t have it until we enable the swivel screen on April 15th”

If swivel screens ever do happen, it probably won’t be for at least a year. If ever.
"Enabling" this feature requires a hardware modification. It's much easier to do this mod on a car that is still in Tesla's possession than it is to coordinate a service appointment.

For the record I don't think this is what they're doing, just that the premise isn't laughable when there's hardware modification involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: studioloft

Safety theory is unlikely. Why all of a sudden cars to be delivered early Apr all have safety issue, while the cars delivered on 3/31 are all perfectly fine?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Safety theory is unlikely. Why all of a sudden cars to be delivered early Apr all have safety issue, while the cars delivered on 3/31 are all perfectly fine?
Same reason recalls are often build-date-based. May have been a bad batch of parts. Or it could be an issue that is actually present on lots of cars already on the road and this pause in deliveries is merely a mitigation. Ever seen Fight Club?

"Enabling" this feature requires a hardware modification. It's much easier to do this mod on a car that is still in Tesla's possession than it does to coordinate a service appointment.

For the record I don't think this is what they're doing, just that the premise isn't laughable when there's hardware modification involved.
No kidding. What the hell do think I was just arguing. They wouldn’t halt deliveries even if the hardware was there. Why the hell would they do that?

It is quite obvious, this is an emergency **** up that most likely will be addressed with firmware. Since they have a date they will resume. Supposedly.

They did this one time before regarding EPA rating.

They probably aren’t perfectly fine. Might be a legal issue that they are aware of it and can’t deliver knowing it until it’s resolved. And legally they don’t have to inform customers, yet.

Like I said if I had a recent Model X I wouldn’t plan on any long trips until after April 15th. Something fishy is up.

No kidding. What the hell do think I was just arguing. They wouldn’t halt deliveries even if the hardware was there. Why the hell would they do that?
Sounded like you were arguing that the idea they would pause deliveries after an EoQ push to add a piece of hardware for a non-safety concern was completely unthinkable, and my counter-point was that it's not entirely unthinkable. It probably is a firmware issue.