Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s working with CHAdeMO!
EA0D4FB8-9B79-451E-9550-9B9000914503.jpeg

All rates went up across the board as the Fed raised interest rates a couple of weeks ago.... There will be a few more Fed rate hikes this year so rates will continue to go up. Next Fed meeting is May 3rd so I suggest folks to lock in rates before then or you will be paying an additional 25 basis points or so after that.
Hard to lock in rates without a vehicle :/.

No I didn’t but I wouldn‘t doubt it. My friend just paid $30k markup on a new Bronco. Me personally I would never pay a markup and money is irrelevant. I’m never that desperate to get something and would rather get a deal.
So are you going to buy an EQS or not? Your negotiation strategy is confusing me.

We’ll sell you this one on the lot with a minor $35,000 fee to apply some important rust under coating and to account for some “documentation fees”.

My boss said this is how people live in California: people fill their garages with junk and park their $50K+ cars outside.
Got a two car garage in CA. Half of it is taken up by my pop-up camper trailer, the other half is storage shelving and bikes, kids toys. There are no basements out here, so everything that you'd keep in your basement everywhere else in the country ends up in the garage in CA. Before I had the pop-up I did used to park one car in there though...

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I got a text today that said my MXP will be ready for pickup at 1 pm on Thursday. Yesterday, my DS told me to ignore the app and that I wouldn't be getting it until after the 15th. But the SMSs from Fremont are a little different so I decided to call the delivery hub. The CS that answered said to ignore the app but then I clarified that I received an SMS and read it to him. He said that was very strange because in no uncertain terms, the Xs were all being held until a critical hardware and software update was completed. He put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back and said that apparently my car got prioritized ahead of the 15th hold and that my X just got the updates today and that the 1 pm appointment is for real.

He went on to read some notes and then said that because I'd already paid in full, my X got priority.

I really wanted to avoid getting an EoQ car. This VIN was just a couple of days before the one I rejected. It appears I'm getting it early because I'm the one idiot that didn't ask for a refund after rejection.

Several hours after that call, I got a call from the same DS I've been dealing with in Fremont and she said she went to personally give my car a lookover and that it had been retrofitted with a bumper from the new batch and that it is flush. We'll see.

Well again, it’s a beta product. When you are building something better than the traditional solution, it’s going to be worse than the traditional solution for a while (during development — the beta period).

Ultimately the goal is to get computer malfunctions < human malfunctions by like 9+ sigma.
Maybe they should shoot for something more near term... how about 1 sigma? Heck! Just approximate behaviors of a sober human should be a near term stretch goal.

I got a text today that said my MXP will be ready for pickup at 1 pm on Thursday. Yesterday, my DS told me to ignore the app and that I wouldn't be getting it until after the 15th. But the SMSs from Fremont are a little different so I decided to call the delivery hub. The CS that answered said to ignore the app but then I clarified that I received an SMS and read it to him. He said that was very strange because in no uncertain terms, the Xs were all being held until a critical hardware and software update was completed. He put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back and said that apparently my car got prioritized ahead of the 15th hold and that my X just got the updates today and that the 1 pm appointment is for real.

He went on to read some notes and then said that because I'd already paid in full, my X got priority.

I really wanted to avoid getting an EoQ car. This VIN was just a couple of days before the one I rejected. It appears I'm getting it early because I'm the one idiot that didn't ask for a refund after rejection.

Several hours after that call, I got a call from the same DS I've been dealing with in Fremont and she said she went to personally give my car a lookover and that it had been retrofitted with a bumper from the new batch and that it is flush. We'll see.
Mine also moved up. It is now listed as being available in Fremont at 2 PM also on Thursday! Maybe mine got moved up because I already paid the $10K lease down.

Did you get a description of the hardware and software they updated?

Mine also moved up. It is now listed as being available in Fremont at 2 PM also on Thursday! Maybe mine got moved up because I already paid the $10K lease down.

Did you get a description of the hardware and software they updated?

Nope and part of me thinks that if it's not a safety related thing that instead it's a cool new do-dad, like the swivel motors for the articulating display, that everyone will get after 4/15 except for me 😭

I ordered a MX in Midnight Silver Metallic, 20" Cyberstream, Cream Interior, 6 seater, without FSD on November 7th 2021. I am based in SoCal. EDD at order time was June 2022. A few weeks later the date shifted to September 2022, and another few weeks later the date slipped to November 2022.
March 16, 2022 I got a text message from someone at Tesla stating my delivery date was approaching and asking if I had a trade-in. (I completed my M3 trade-in appraisal). I checked my EDD and it had moved up to March 20-31, 2022. March 21st, the date got bumped to March 29-April 19th. March 30th, the data got bumped to April 5th-26th. I expect tomorrow it will get bumped another few weeks.

Ugh.
What is the spec on your Model 3? Did you get an appraisal amount back?