Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I only have experience w/ Tesla and Volvo. The latest update was to v2.0 of their software. It was a major update to Android Auto (version R). They improved their version of Autopilot. I don't use driver aids except Cruise Control so can't tell you what it did. Improved their mobile app to let you adjust charge schedule from the app. There were plenty of bug fixes too.

They are behind Tesla when it comes to features in general. But what I like is that (so far) they haven't fixed something and broken something else. Tesla is LEGENDARY for this. USB music worked perfectly for years, then in V9 or V10 they broke it (doesn't search correctly, doesn't sort correctly) and it still doesn't work right. Just now w/ our Refresh Xs you have code that is working and then after update the rear restraint errors and other problems are literally created by the update.

Tesla software development team codes like I did in Freshman Comp Sci.
Hmmm. I bought my MX used from a 3rd party dealership 2 years ago. Since then, my MX has received at no cost to me: a great backup camera view, turn signal video, sentry mode from the iPhone, Tidal with HiFi downloads which sound absolutely amazing and have made in car listening a destination, a subwoofer control, FSD Beta that drives the car, Netflix, app mobil service, a software fix via a software update from SC, plus tons of games that I could play but don't. I can't even remember all of the myriad updates in those 2 years. And all you remember is one thing that doesn't work as well now? Wow.

Just got my vin. Delivery this weekend. 3389xx
Sorry for brief posts.

First, unbelievably pumped to pick up my wife’s MX. Feels unreal after waiting since 2020.
Original order was a w/w/7/FSD/20 and the beginning of this month switched it to a five seater. My showroom guy at mission Viejo says it’s on site at Irvine delivery center and expect it this weekend.

Of note, the 2000 credit for pre refresh orders still applies. I know there are far less of us left but rest assured it’s still offered.

Sorry for brief posts.

First, unbelievably pumped to pick up my wife’s MX. Feels unreal after waiting since 2020.
Original order was a w/w/7/FSD/20 and the beginning of this month switched it to a five seater. My showroom guy at mission Viejo says it’s on site at Irvine delivery center and expect it this weekend.

Of note, the 2000 credit for pre refresh orders still applies. I know there are far less of us left but rest assured it’s still offered.
Glad the number of pre refresh are dwindling - means hope for the rest of us.

It feels like time starts to crawl as you get near the one year order anniversary mark. Not sure how the 2020 orders lasted this long without going insane!

Sorry for brief posts.

Did they let you keep the original price when switching to the 5 seater?

Reactions: ICUdoc30
Sorry for brief posts.

Another white exterior. Another one in Cali. Interesting.

Just had Jorge update my order from Feb 2021 from an MXLR to a MX Plaid. Did the LR receive many more price increases over the last 13 months vs the Plaid? Right now my revised Order agreement ( OOD was Feb 2021) is only about $10k off from just ordering a new one today.
My agreement says $133,9 when I had the LR at $103,9 similarly configured.
Was the Plaid really $30k more in Feb 2021? Today, and similarly equipped, it's only about $17k off???
What's ur config?
I am thinking of upgrading to Plaid but I want to see the itemized cost first.
Did they charge you $6.5K for the 6 seats?

Edit: I saw the post that they did charge you for 6 seats.

Last edited: