Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m 99% certain that multiple credit pings (sorry not correct wording) in a certain amount of time are collectively the same as a single ping. Plus I’m pretty sure it barely affects your score… I ignorantly applied for a loan early on in my Model X wait, and then even once more when they told me it had expired, and my credit score barely moved…. YMMV(?)

I would Google and check a bit before passing on your opportunity.
Not the pings but taking a new loan while waiting on a mortgage is a no-no they tell you not to. Because during underwriting you are changing your debt/income ratio and may not qualify for the mortgage anymore. I know when I got my mortgage they told us not to take any new credit or open any new accounts until after underwriting and disbursement.

Currently my delivery window says April 18-28. However, I'm not seeing a VIN yet. So I'm assuming it will move again.
One thing I'm noticing that is weird.... The app keeps asking me to configure a key for a car I don't have yet. Has anyone else seen this behavior?
You could check the html source code to see if there is a hidden pending VIN assigned. Although I have not seen anyone else with a pending VIN have the key configure pop up.

It does seem like there is a pause in deliveries, perhaps it’s taking time to fix the side airbag issue, waiting for parts or a backlog in getting the work done.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
The car has gone up over $30k since launch. Again, I fail to see how another $200 matters.
And that my friend is the point.
I and many, many, many others are on budgets where an extra $200.00 does matter.
I bought my Model X for $87k. The price jump from $79K was a tough pill to swallow.
Now I love the car, but if the cost was $90k. I would have had to punt.

IMHO… the car is currently priced way too high. The Average ICE SUV owner doesn’t have the $129k it now cost to move to a Tesla Model X. So much for “the mission”

Now obviously you do have the money and an extra $200 is not an issue…. , and if you want to send me some of your excess cash… will be spent wisely.

One thing I thought of with the whole charger-gate was that it sounds like for all the unused mobile chargers, if people were to donate them to a tesla club for distribution, no one would need to buy them 😅

If we are really worried about electronic waste, that’s probably a good start.

I have one, but would love to have another with my X when they start delivering 7 seaters to Canada

As an EV owner for 9 years, I can't imagine not having a mobile charger. I have had a 240V installed charger for 8 years now but I still want the mobile charger and use it for my many road trips AND I occasionally loan mine out. It is mandatory equipment and Elon is lying (again) when he says they aren't widely used.

It is and always will be about $$$ for TSLA. They are a horrible company but they make awesome cars, so here we are just hoping more stuff isn't ruined/removed/"upgraded" before Tesla finally agrees to sell us an X.

You could check the html source code to see if there is a hidden pending VIN assigned. Although I have not seen anyone else with a pending VIN have the key configure pop up.

It does seem like there is a pause in deliveries, perhaps it’s taking time to fix the side airbag issue, waiting for parts or a backlog in getting the work done.
I've been through the KC SC several times since the beginning of the month and not only are there not any new MX there haven't been any new MS's delivered either. Might be a few 3's and Y's, but hard to tell. The normally pretty full lot is almost empty, except for what looks like either cars in for service or trade in's.

Definitely not annoyed by $200 and it's the same with Apple stop giving chargers with their phone...people still buy the iPhone including myself but it's unfortunate to see how we the consumers are becoming the pets of those manufacturers.
What happen to the days where customer was a priority and companies would fight to gain customers?!
The "customer" is the shareholder who is pretty happy over the last few years.

• Disagree
Reactions: coco135
Not the pings but taking a new loan while waiting on a mortgage is a no-no they tell you not to. Because during underwriting you are changing your debt/income ratio and may not qualify for the mortgage anymore. I know when I got my mortgage they told us not to take any new credit or open any new accounts until after underwriting and disbursement.
Exactly. Having gone through the process a couple of times recently, the underwriters watch the credit and other financial transactions like a hawk during this crucial period. The underwriting standards have become really stringent.

I and many, many, many others are on budgets where an extra $200.00 does matter.
I bought my Model X for $87k. The price jump from $79K was a tough pill to swallow.

IMHO… the car is currently priced way too high. The Average ICE SUV owner doesn’t have the $129k it now cost to move to a Tesla Model X. So much for “the mission”

Now obviously you do have the money and an extra $200 is not an issue…. , and if you want to send me some of your excess cash… will be spent wisely.
I'm sorry, but you're missing so many fundamentals:
  • Another $200 would be a 0.23% increase on your $87k purchase. For today's price, it's <0.15%. Orders of magnitude matter. Tesla does NOT care about this added revenue. If they need to boost margins, it's going to always be a change in the $1000's (or $10k's). Not $100's. $200 is just noise when pricing a product like this, and I'll gladly die on this hill.
  • Whether we like it or not, this change was absolutely to do with reducing waste (and likely supply chain). That is absolutely in-line with the "mission".
  • You bought a Model X. It's literally the most expensive car that Tesla makes. It's ridiculous. If a new buyer bails after seeing a $200 option for a mobile charger on their order page (again, this doesn't affect existing orders), then the Model X is absolutely the wrong car for them. The Model Y is an infinitely more pragmatic purchase.
  • I'd probably have to punt at today's price too, but "the mission" is to increase EV adoption: these cars are *deeply* desired. Tesla is already 100% supply-constrained. "The mission" is arguably being executed as well as it possibly can.

Last edited:
As an EV owner for 9 years, I can't imagine not having a mobile charger. I have had a 240V installed charger for 8 years now but I still want the mobile charger and use it for my many road trips AND I occasionally loan mine out. It is mandatory equipment and Elon is lying (again) when he says they aren't widely used.

It is and always will be about $$$ for TSLA. They are a horrible company but they make awesome cars, so here we are just hoping more stuff isn't ruined/removed/"upgraded" before Tesla finally agrees to sell us an X.
I disagree with the lying part. We are on Tesla #3 and used the mobile charger only one or twice, and that was on the 1st car.

It may be because I live in California where public Level 2 and Superchargers are plentiful. Hopefully soon the charging infrastructure here, nationwide, and worldwide will get to the point where there are charging options like gas stations.

It's not affecting existing orders, and once the order page has been updated (if it hasn't been already) then it will work like any other option for the car. IMO they should make it enabled by default, and let the user get "$200 back" if they decide they don't want it (make it opt-out instead of opt-in).

That said, the messaging of the change could not have been worse. Elon needs to stop broadcasting this stuff via Twitter. They need a proper PR team.

I disagree with the lying part. We are on Tesla #3 and used the mobile charger only one or twice, and that was on the 1st car.

It may be because I live in California where public Level 2 and Superchargers are plentiful. Hopefully soon the charging infrastructure here, nationwide, and worldwide will get to the point where there are charging options like gas stations.
With my last car I literally never used the included charger once due to this reason (always charged at work). In California (where EVs dominate) this is VERY common.

Ok sports fans….enough already with charger-gate. Let’s call it a misdemeanor, not a felony and just move on to other things please.

“What other things?”, you ask?

Well, how about I got VINned this morning.

7SAXCBE66NF338xxx

EDD had been April 25 - May 15 prior to the VIN dropping this morning but now shows TBD.

Can someone walk me through the numerology of that VIN in terms of when this rig was or is being built and how I should be thinking about the April delivery hold, the rear seat restraint sensor sh*tshow and any other nuggets of wisdom from the collective brain trust here?

Should I be psyched or worried?

This will be Tesla numero six for us so I’m not worried about some normal and customary software stuff that’s still getting cleaned up with further OTA updates. But I can’t imagine how folks are dealing with the most recent spate of major fails around the rear seat restraint sensor, backup camera, etc. Hopefully that is being addressed for those effected and this rig is getting delivered with such issues already solved. Thoughts?

MXP 6-seater MSM/White 20’s. New York.

It’s okay if you did stretch budget to get the car, but I don’t think Model X is targeted at “the average ICE SUV owner”.