Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I thought I had something valuable to add the other day, but not so much anymore. My 7 seat order also went back to July today.
That’s 2 of 4 7-seat orders with date ranges that we had known of that went back to July. TY for letting us know, hopefully your temp change is more due to the slow ramp up for all X’s this month and at least the temporary range you and another poster here had was a sign that 7 seat plans have not been completely abandoned on Tesla’s end.

Don’t want to say this out loud but what IF there is an accident within 30 days and the car has no insurance yet?
If you have an existing auto insurance policy, most states give you that window (usually 30 days but I have a vague memory that it's 7 days in California) to add a vehicle to the policy that you have legally acquired. If you have an incident during that window, the car is considered covered.

My SA told me the same. Both of our SA's are wrong.

If you want *proof*, run the Xmas show. Matrix-equipped cars will project the word "TESLA" on a wall. Even the latest X's (days old) do not do this. 3, Y, S all do.

View attachment 795809
Yes, my new PLAID X does not show the words Tesla. But the strange thing is that before taking delivery of my vehicle, they even checked with the service center for my VIN and indicated that the vehicle is equipped with "MATRIX CC" headlights. I am not happy that I was lied to by Tesla on numerous occasions about this.

Yes, my new PLAID X does not show the words Tesla. But the strange thing is that before taking delivery of my vehicle, they even checked with the service center for my VIN and indicated that the vehicle is equipped with "MATRIX CC" headlights. I am not happy that I was lied to by Tesla on numerous occasions about this.
Whoa. Now *that* is confusing. First I've heard of this "MATRIX CC" code. Maybe there's matrix-specific hardware equipped... the headlights are just the old model for some reason? Perhaps it's a similar situation with mine (which is why my SA is confused).

No way that these are matrix headlights though. If you could somehow dig into this deeper with your service center, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

You should verify w/ your agent but for me, in Oklahoma, with Allstate, I am covered on new vehicles at the same level as my other vehicles for 30 days. As long as I have a Bill of Sale that is within 30 days they will cover it. But I have never let it go that long. I already have a quote for the X. Once I accept the car I will email my agent to activate.
I normally just add or replace new vehicle the day I drive it home so I don't have to worry about it.
With 2 teslas I have now, VIN wasn't change or removed before delivery so I setup my ins account to activate on delivery date. Hope future deliveries don't change much though.

Well, I thought I had something valuable to add the other day, but not so much anymore. My 7 seat order also went back to July today.
Here are the posibilities:
a. Telsa is planning to not honor 7 seat order. (Cancel all 7 seat order).
b. Tesla will provide option to switch to other seat configuration or cancel the order.
c. 7 Seater delivery will be extremely delayed. July EDD will change again by mid May.
d. Tesla will start delivering 7 seater soon, but not anytime soon.
e. A & B
f. None of the above.

• Funny
Reactions: 1pinhigh
Whoa. Now *that* is confusing. First I've heard of this "MATRIX CC" code. Maybe there's matrix-specific hardware equipped... the headlights are just the old model for some reason? Perhaps it's a similar situation with mine (which is why my SA is confused).

No way that these are matrix headlights though. If you could somehow dig into this deeper with your service center, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.
@chris.davis925 BTW, what are the first 3 digits of your VIN SN (mine are 339x)?

• Informative
Reactions: rdmdriving
Wife wondered why I was so late coming back from work. I had to explain.
Again, it was my love affair.
My 2021+ field Model X sound system. Yep that again. Spent 2 hours listening to various streamers. Best most relaxing is the “Late Night Jazz”. My real estate customers love it while cruising the neighborhoods, and they get a BIG. Kick outta the FW Doors and the “Acceleration Run” we do back to the office!
I also saved the National weather service radar and weather prediction maps on the browser so this is so much like my airplane with that radar and navigation on the screen , the yoke, and the acceleration this thing is so awesome! You’ll get yours soon, you’ll see and feel!

Breaking news…

Tesla record profit blows away estimates
Tesla record profit blows away estimates
Yap, all of the share holders should thank the fanboys for accepting cars with slim to none QC and profit margin was dramatically increased with all those price increase that mainly started last year which affected Q1 22 deliveries.
so if profit margin increased, how can you blame supply issues as the reason for prices going up so drastically?!

that being said...my call options are loving it 😍

Reactions: sukhi
It’s okay if you did stretch budget to get the car, but I don’t think Model X is targeted at “the average ICE SUV owner”.
It’s not now… but it was dam close at $79K.
for me it’s about moving to a cleaner greener planet which is why I went Solar & Powerwalls then the Battery Electric SUV.
I bought only Ford Explore’s since 1999.
If Tesla wants to get SUV customers to Leave Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota and Nissan they need to sell at an affordable price. The Rivian R1S is look good at a good entry price point.