Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they batch by color, so you're a few color rotations away! Mine is black.
I met a fellow forum member last weekend who picked up a MSM 5 seater at same location that I will. He ordered a little after me, but only difference was interior color.

So, I was thinking batched by interior more then exterior color.

But since Tesla doesn't communicate, just pure speculation.

I met a fellow forum member last weekend who picked up a MSM 5 seater at same location that I will. He ordered a little after me, but only difference was interior color.

Was there a price increase that happened after yours and applied to his?

Interior is probably another type of batching - albeit one that's easier to switch as it's just parts. They have to clean and turnover the paint shop when they change exterior colors - so that probably happens less frequently.

It certainly seems like a very large number of deliveries lately have been blue exterior, which is especially odd as I believe that is almost the least common color.

It certainly seems like a very large number of deliveries lately have been blue exterior, which is especially odd as I believe that is almost the least common color.

Blue seems to be up there with the rest of them. White’s the runaway favorite. Red (my color) is definitely at the bottom of the list
A662A9A2-EF8F-4D3E-B473-4CDEB25D17F8.png

Hi All, not sure if this was shared to a wider audience but we all should know about and take advantage of these online sessions.
I attended one last night on Teams. They play a PowerPoint deck and answer questions in the chat. Even the audio part of the presentation seemed to be pre-recorded. If you’ve been hanging out on TMC while waiting months and months, you probably know 95% of it. Reminder to install charging at home, how to put car into P/R/N/D, explaining concept of Superchargers, blah blah.

Only real new info was the touchless delivery procedure they use in Mt. Kisco. When you get to delivery center, car will be parked outside waiting. Use app to accept delivery, which is the only way doors will unlock. Paperwork will be sitting on a clipboard ready to be signed - once done, turn on hazard lights and they will come grab it. Finally something to get excited about.

Blue seems to be up there with the rest of them. White’s the runaway favorite. Red (my color) is definitely at the bottom of the list
View attachment 805702
Yes, I noticed this as well. I have a red one ordered. I’ve had the same red color on my M3 I got back in 2018. You’ll love the color. We got the same configuration as our model 3 that we’re trading in (red with white interior) We love our model 3 but just wanted more room inside and sit up higher.

Reactions: Philip_Seattle
I attended one last night on Teams. They play a PowerPoint deck and answer questions in the chat. Even the audio part of the presentation seemed to be pre-recorded. If you’ve been hanging out on TMC while waiting months and months, you probably know 95% of it. Reminder to install charging at home, how to put car into P/R/N/D, explaining concept of Superchargers, blah blah.

Only real new info was the touchless delivery procedure they use in Mt. Kisco. When you get to delivery center, car will be parked outside waiting. Use app to accept delivery, which is the only way doors will unlock. Paperwork will be sitting on a clipboard ready to be signed - once done, turn on hazard lights and they will come grab it. Finally something to get excited about.
So you can’t check for interior mal functions or defects until you accept a $130K+ potential purpose?

After 398 days, I picked up my Tesla Model X LR 5 seater MSM/white interior with FSD yesterday at the Chicago Grand Ave SC. It was a contactless delivery so I walked into the SC a few minutes before my 15:30 appointment and my SA told me my car was in the lot waiting for me with a piece of paper on the dash with my name on it. He said to go inspect it and if there were any questions/concerns to come back in, after which point I can hit accept delivery. Since I was like a kid before Christmas all this weekend knowing it had just arrived at the lot and was just waiting on some detailing before I accept delivery I went on Saturday to fully inspect it (which I recommend to do so that your actual delivery day there aren't any surprises, you don't feel pressured or rushed or too excited/biased to just accept delivery). So right after I saw the car and shedding a small tear (this is only my second major purchase besides my condo since I finished residency... it felt like 13 years of post-high school education and sacrifice culminated into this one purely happy moment for me) I accepted the car.

-It drives perfectly, I noticed no vibration or rattling. You can hear an electrical motor noise as you punch the accelerator in insane mode >60 mph but I love this sound it sounds very Star Wars to me
-No major panel gaps or trim issues to my semi-untrained eye
-It has the swivel screen, it came with tow package, 22" rim inserts (in a box), and mobile connector -- all in the frunk
-The seats are ventilated warm/cold
-The cameras calibrated after about 30 miles and allowed me to use autopilot and request FSD. I'm still getting used to the safety score and how it ties into my Tesla insurance rate. It started with a generic 90 score ($148 monthly premium) and yesterday after 80 miles of driving a Tesla for the first time ever (!!!) including a few insane accelerations on the expressway I achieved a 97 score easily which corresponded to a $100 premium more or less
-The active noise cancellation calibrated and said it was on but after toggling on/off a few times I didn't notice any difference whatsoever in street noise
-Steering yoke took me like 30 minutes to get used to... at first I had a lot of phantom 12:00 or 6:00 wheel grabs but after reaching for air a few times I finally got used to it. Sharp turns are easy--I just use the palm method. A lot of people on my Instagram asked me about this so I just posted a video in my story of how I make the turns, feel free to watch if interested @corydeburg
-It was 110% worth the wait! I make zero excuses for Tesla, I'm just saying for me these last 16 hours made it all worth it for me. I hope you all get yours soon!
-I'll be checking back periodically. If you have any questions or want specific pics/videos please let me know. I'll be installing the Maxpider 3D floor mats in the front and back, they are expected to be delivered by Amazon tomorrow.

IMG-9018.jpg
IMG-3899.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-9093-Facetune-17-05-2022-17-43-23.jpg
    IMG-9093-Facetune-17-05-2022-17-43-23.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG-3908.jpg
    IMG-3908.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 72