Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery was planned for this week…
SA called me in the morning and mentioned that they found some cosmetic damages which happened to the car during transit….
He said it’s going to take 2 additional weeks to fix the car…..he said it’s cosmetic but he said the delay is due to the wait time for parts….

What you guys recommend… i was very excited for pick up…. and now i’m sad 😞
Just be glad that they found the issues before you accepted the car. It's much better than taking delivery only to then take the car in for repairs and then wait longer.

My car has been stuck at Fremont for similar reasons. No ETA on repairs. Hopefully it doesn't sustain more damage on the way to me.

The demand for these cars has made the whole buyer/seller relationship absolutely bonkers. In any other market I 100% would have walked away by now. Hope to never buy another car like this ever again.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
The demand for these cars has made the whole buyer/seller relationship absolutely bonkers. In any other market I 100% would have walked away by now. Hope to never buy another car like this ever again.
At least we are not seeing tremendous and unpredictable “dealer markup“ nonsense.

Took delivery of my MX Plaid about an hour ago. Home delivery. SA was very friendly and helpful. Car is beautiful. Unfortunately it was raining and the vehicle was wet but everything lines up and looks great. It does have a "swivel" screen. Asked my SA if it did while I was looking through the menu options. He said it did not, right as I found the option to move it.

I can hardly wait to drive this thing! I'm a bit hesitant about learning the yoke steering in the rain, so going to wait until it dries up out there.

Side view of screen attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1064.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Yes, This is my 2nd MX that was ordered in March 2022 and scheduled for delivery in May 2022.
And it is the exact specification. Just more expensive. sight :rolleyes:

Someone also ordered it in March and got it delivered in April. So it is totally by random or by luck.
So you will have 2 new MX's delivered, before many of us receive ours that were ordered over a year ago? No offense to you at all, Tesla is the one that is maddening! In what world does even the thought of that make sense? I know there are others, still waiting, with orders placed before mine, so I'm not unique or special. Just VERY frustrated...

Hope everything is perfect for you and the experience is positive.

So you will have 2 new MX's delivered, before many of us receive ours that were ordered over a year ago? No offense to you at all, Tesla is the one that is maddening! In what world does even the thought of that make sense? I know there are others, still waiting, with orders placed before mine, so I'm not unique or special. Just VERY frustrated...

Hope everything is perfect for you and the experience is positive.
Same same.... It's too bad there is nothing that we can do other than cancel our orders which isn't reasonable.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Post Delivery Update:
1. I used the Tesla app to report the scuff on the dash I noticed after taking delivery. Tesla mobile is coming out to replace it on 5/30. No hassle whatsoever. They did move the appointment from 5/18 to 5/30. I assume the dash in the correct color was unavailable so they moved the appointment. Doesn't matter, they're dropping by my house to replace so the day doesn't matter much.
2. During delivery the passenger side FWD hung up twice when closing. It would close about 90% and stop. A second push of the close button and it went ahead and finished. It has happened once more since delivery. No other occurrences. Doesn't seem to be a chronic problem.
3. The only other issue is one of the fobs doesn't function. Repeated efforts to synch it with the key card fail. I've also noticed that my key car is listed on the lock and key screen as "unknown" in terms of the iPhone it's attached to, but the card works. My wife has the fob that doesn't work; oddly, it lists as being tied to her iPhone unlike mine. Go figure.

I'm still a very happy camper though! Love this car.

---------------------------------
On another note. I'm seeing reports that ICE manufacturers are having difficulties making their cars and THEIR customers are having a hard time getting their cars delivered. On top of that, the dealers are taking advantage and tacking on big fees on top of the agreed to price. My wife drives a Honda hybrid still under warranty. She took the car in for regular service and mentioned for the FOURTH TIME that a hole had developed in the window washing tank and drained within seconds when we try to fill it. First, the service manager ignored her request to fix it. Next he tried to tell her to come pick up her car without them repairing it. She hit the ceiling. Then he called her back to say that they had looked at it and blamed the hole on a destructive rodent which isn't covered under warranty and wanted $282 to replace a tank and hose that cost maybe $20 held in place by a couple of bolts. PURE BS! I offered to go in and yell at this clown for her, but she went ahead and paid the ransom.

2nd, they're barraging her with emails and in person persuasion trying to get her to trade in her car for a newer model saying she can break about even. She doesn't want to do that. Because of COVID, it has very little mileage on the odometer. These guys really, really want trade ins.

And people complain about Tesla? Gimme a break.

Last edited:
Are you also on the order tracker excel spreadsheet? Can't find you there

Got my Vin today 7SAXCBE6XNF3433xx
Ordered 1/27/21
Red/ Plaid/White/20”
EDD 6/1-6/6
Last week before VIN EDD went from July to May 23 - Jun 13.
Delivery MA

Fifth Tesla 8/2013 S60, 2015 S85D, 2016 X 90D, 2018 X 100D. We will see what trade is on this one. Private sale would have to give 6.5% more to overcome sales tax break on trade to dealer that private sale doesn’t get.

Did not put in tracking spreadsheet. Any can if they like.