Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 seater LR white/white feb 2021 - let’s gooo!

View attachment 807433
I had a 7 seater white/white LR order from 4/21 and EDD range June 1 - June 20.

However, I just switched the config to 6 seater. I'm curious if they still keep me in with the pack or push me out further. Originally we wanted to push out our delivery, as our house is not done. However, my wife is tired of getting gas.

I'm good either way, but it'll be nice when we finally have our X.

Has anyone been successful in getting Tesla to budge on a trade-in valuation? I’m downright insulted at what they offered me for my 2022 MYP with only 1000 miles - $61K. They must think I’m a sucker. I just saw them sell the exact same car for $82K last week. SMDH…

Last edited:
Has anyone been successful in getting Tesla to budge on a trade-in valuation? I’m downright insulted at what they offered me for my 2022 MYP with only 1000 miles - $61K. They must think I’m a sucker. I just saw them sell the exact same car for $82K last week. SMDH…
The market seems to be in a huge amount of flux. I would just remove the trade-in and sell somewhere else.

Reactions: DelPhonic1

Lately my interpretation is Tesla is that all the power/management is held by robots, or "The Council".
You see, the robots realized that we as humans feel safe when interacting with other humans.. so they hired these so called Say Anythings (SA) to smile at us and tell us everything is going to be okay. Sure, it feels nice. But in reality the SAs are only employed by the robots. They have no power to override the robots. Communication flows in one direction, top down. Even if what we argue makes sense, their only purpose is to smile at us and give the illusion we are dealing with sentient humans.

Last edited:
well also all the plaid motors are carbon sleeved so it has that crazy flat power curve at any mph vs the long range power drops off at higher speeds. the 60-130mph times from long range to plaid is cut in about half. Its a cool feat of engineering. Also you get that plaid badge that sends shivers to almost every super/hyper car that pulls up next to your 3 row family suv.
Today on my way to a Tesla Owners meet up, I was on a long, flat stretch of 2 lane highway. 2 lanes heading north & 2 lanes heading south. I noticed a speck in my rear view getting bigger quickly. At first I puckered fearing it was a State Trooper with a ticket in hand, then I realized it was a supped up muscle car. I was doing 75 and he pasted me like I was sitting still. Already in ludicrous mode I decided WTF… and I dropped the accelerator to the floor. I was passing this guy in a heartbeat. The speed was excessive and when I realized how fast I was goin and he was back to being a speck in my rear view, I laid off and was regenerating quite a bit of juice as I dropped below 80.
The speed was awesome but also I felt dumb for risking my safety and my brand new car. Had I gotten caught buy a State Trooper, it could have been bad… wicked bad….
so while a carbon sleeved 3rd motor would be cool, I don’t think there is anywhere here in the North East besides a track where I could actually open it up.
The owners club is planning a track day which I will definitely be attending.

Lately my interpretation is Tesla is that all the power/management is held by robots, or "The Council".
You see, the robots realized that we as humans feel safe when interacting with other humans.. so they hired these so called Say Anythings (SA) to smile at us and tell us everything is going to be okay. Sure, it feels nice. But in reality the SAs are only employed by the robots. They have no power to override the robots. Communication flows in one direction, top down. Even if what we argue makes sense, their only purpose is to smile at us and give the illusion we are dealing with sentient humans.
I know you're joking, but based on my many conversations with customer-facing folks at Tesla, the core of the customer experience really does appear to be driven by some sort of algorithm. I've never seen an end-consumer product company that runs like this. They seem to have little control or insight into how any part of the process works. It's largely a black box to them.

As a customer it's as fascinating as it is frustrating.

• Helpful
Reactions: studioloft
I know you're joking, but based on my many conversations with customer-facing folks at Tesla, the core of the customer experience really does appear to be driven by some sort of algorithm. I've never seen an end-consumer product company that runs like this. They seem to have little control or insight into how any part of the process works. It's largely a black box to them.

As a customer it's as fascinating as it is frustrating.

My language may have been slightly exaggerated but.. am I wrong? lol

In addition to trade-in, carvana, carmax, and the like don't forget about your local/nearby facebook marketplace. We had *very* good luck selling our Sequoia & Tundra there for well above our trade-in credit + taxes and the carvana offer we received.

March 2021 order with still date Dec 2022 - Apr 2023

My brother picked up his 3 today. I flew up to be there for the occasion. It was pretty sweet.

Also I saw a couple refresh X’s on the lot. I took a few pics of a gray refresh X… mild door alignment issue but generally good looking (except super dirty)… note the VIN.
This was the Kennesaw Georgia Tesla (outside Atlanta.)View attachment 807635
No kidding, did you see an MSM LR MX with a cracked windshield??? It's mine... Waiting for it for weeks now.

Reactions: StrayTexel
Wondering if there's a separate insurance thread...called AAA and they gave me $1500/yr with 1k deductible (NJ). I currently have two paid off cars with one full collision coverage. Was paying $1300 for two. Now 1.5k more...just for one.

The mobile charger that came with my 2022 Plaid X is different from my 2016. The part that the adapters fit into before you plug it into the outlet is different and the older plug adapters do not fit into the new mobile charger. The new charger comes with a different configuration but does come with a pigtail insert for standard 3 prong plugs. (If you didn’t buy any plug adapters for your old Tesla, this is a non-issue because the 2022 mobile charger only comes with one standard 3 prong adapter. The adapter that inserts between the car and the non-Tesla charging stations still works fine but that was an additional purchase and is not included with the 2022 mobile charger.)
I can take pix if it would be clearer.
Tesla changed the mobile connector in December 2017. Since then, the "new" mobile connector can only charge at a max of 32 amps. Older mobile connectors could charge at up to 40 amps.

The J1772 adapter fitting between the car and charge cable still works with the new mobile charger as well as old. They have not changed the configuration of the end piece going into the car only the other end.
(working on pixj
The J1772 adapter has nothing to do with the mobile connector. The J1772 adapter is used with a non-Tesla J1772 charging plug (at public chargers or non-Tesla J1772 EVSE hardware) and doesn't connect to the mobile connector in any way.

The J1772 adapter has nothing to do with the mobile connector. The J1772 adapter is used with a non-Tesla J1772 charging plug (at public chargers or non-Tesla J1772 EVSE hardware) and doesn't connect to the mobile connector in any way.
My question was simply whether the J1772 adapter was still included in the mobile connector people were getting with their recent Model X deliveries. I believe that adapter was for the mobile connector. What else would it connect to when you are using public chargers?

Note that their online information now says that it comes with every Tesla, so I guess my question is answered.

My question was simply whether the J1772 adapter was still included in the mobile connector people were getting with their recent Model X deliveries. I believe that adapter was for the mobile connector. What else would it connect to when you are using public chargers?

Yes, the J1772 adapter is still included with all new cars. The J1772 adapter has nothing to do with the mobile connector and does not connect to it. If you use a public charger, you would use the J1772 adapter between the public charger's J1772 plug and the Tesla charge port. The Tesla mobile connector is used when you have an electrical outlet and no Supercharger, public charger or destination charger is available.

While both the 5-15 and 14-50 adapters were originally included with the Tesla mobile connector, Tesla has only included the 5-15 adapter for the past few years. Starting with new orders made since mid-April 2022, Tesla will no longer include the mobile connector.

Today on my way to a Tesla Owners meet up, I was on a long, flat stretch of 2 lane highway. 2 lanes heading north & 2 lanes heading south. I noticed a speck in my rear view getting bigger quickly. At first I puckered fearing it was a State Trooper with a ticket in hand, then I realized it was a supped up muscle car. I was doing 75 and he pasted me like I was sitting still. Already in ludicrous mode I decided WTF… and I dropped the accelerator to the floor. I was passing this guy in a heartbeat. The speed was excessive and when I realized how fast I was goin and he was back to being a speck in my rear view, I laid off and was regenerating quite a bit of juice as I dropped below 80.
The speed was awesome but also I felt dumb for risking my safety and my brand new car. Had I gotten caught buy a State Trooper, it could have been bad… wicked bad….
so while a carbon sleeved 3rd motor would be cool, I don’t think there is anywhere here in the North East besides a track where I could actually open it up.
The owners club is planning a track day which I will definitely be attending.
TRX or Raptor owners peek at the side mirrors just out of curiosity.
When they see a Tesla, this "Plaid" badge means nothing. :)

Yes, the J1772 adapter is still included with all new cars. The J1772 adapter has nothing to do with the mobile connector and does not connect to it. If you use a public charger, you would use the J1772 adapter between the public charger's J1772 plug and the Tesla charge port. The Tesla mobile connector is used when you have an electrical outlet and no Supercharger, public charger or destination charger is available.

While both the 5-15 and 14-50 adapters were originally included with the Tesla mobile connector, Tesla has only included the 5-15 adapter for the past few years. Starting with new orders made since mid-April 2022, Tesla will no longer include the mobile connector.
Thank you. I get it now.

The other scenarios such as 5-15 and 14-50 are connecting to a socket and thus need a cable to the Tesla.

Last edited: