Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My question was simply whether the J1772 adapter was still included in the mobile connector people were getting with their recent Model X deliveries. I believe that adapter was for the mobile connector. What else would it connect to when you are using public chargers?

Note that their online information now says that it comes with every Tesla, so I guess my question is answered.
I got my car delivered yesterday it came with the wall connector and j1772 adapter.

Took delivery of our Model X Plaid on Saturday after 339 days. I know many have waited longer.

The quality is decent, but far from perfect. The biggest problem is that the passenger falcon door does not go all the way up because the sensor thinks something is there when it's not. The technician said they have had this problem a lot, and it's because Fremont forgot to take the clear plastic protector off the face of the sensor!

Panel gaps are fine, no problem there.

The adhesive on the rear plastic wheel arch trim pieces has failed and the trim is lifting. A plastic cover/trim piece in the trunk fell off the first time we opened it.

The screen in front of the Yoke seems to build condensation when the AC has been blasting for a while ( The AC blows directly on it!!).

Even with all that said, the car is fantastic. It's unbelievably fast, and feels like the future. Once these issues are fixed I am hoping to have many years of enjoyment out of it. I knew what I was buying into when I placed the order, and while disappointed, am not surprised by the issues.
So did removing the plastic from the sensor fix the issue, then?

Those with current deliveries how has Fit and finish been? Any huge issues?
Got a delivery yesterday, no alignment issues, gaps still an issue , since my first X in 2018, it is just annoying when you compare with other cars, but my biggest. One r , was the car rear bumper was a different shade of white comparing to the rest of the car, fit and finish inside, it is much better,

Today on my way to a Tesla Owners meet up, I was on a long, flat stretch of 2 lane highway. 2 lanes heading north & 2 lanes heading south. I noticed a speck in my rear view getting bigger quickly. At first I puckered fearing it was a State Trooper with a ticket in hand, then I realized it was a supped up muscle car. I was doing 75 and he pasted me like I was sitting still. Already in ludicrous mode I decided WTF… and I dropped the accelerator to the floor. I was passing this guy in a heartbeat. The speed was excessive and when I realized how fast I was goin and he was back to being a speck in my rear view, I laid off and was regenerating quite a bit of juice as I dropped below 80.
The speed was awesome but also I felt dumb for risking my safety and my brand new car. Had I gotten caught buy a State Trooper, it could have been bad… wicked bad….
so while a carbon sleeved 3rd motor would be cool, I don’t think there is anywhere here in the North East besides a track where I could actually open it up.
The owners club is planning a track day which I will definitely be attending.
I resemble that remark. It was a Porsche for me. Little grommet!!

Reactions: ductordoc
Those with current deliveries how has Fit and finish been? Any huge issues?
I've been tracking the anecdotes shared here, and if they are an accurate indication it seems like fit and finish is definitely improving... with the occasional outlier here or there. However, at least some of those appeared to have been field models ("old" builds).

Currently September. Hoping to pounce on any cancellation
Wife and I drove the new iX on Saturday and was very impressed. Fully loaded still less than my March 2021 MXLR order, not by a lot, but still less. Unfortunately, couldn't get an EDD if I ordered immediately. Salesman let us do a no deposit order for an iX. He told us he'd expect it 4th quarter of this year given what's in the US pipeline and what he's hearing from the BMW factory.

Our MXLR order is currently showing a June 19 to July 24 EDD, so if it comes in that timeline, I plan to take delivery and see how it goes with quality and any potential issues. If it has quality issues or Tesla is hemming and hawing on fixing anything, I can always sell or trade in for at least what we paid for it and then take the iX when available. Feel like it's a win-win situation. Given how many times our Tesla EDD has changed, I honestly have very low trust in the current EDD, but am hoping that they surprise me, this time!

Hey all,

Long time lurker with a March 28, 2021 order of a LR 7 Seat, black ext and white interior, no AP. After tolerating ever-changing delivery estimates, I lost all hope when I saw the estimate pushed out all the way to Dec 2022-April 2023.

By chance, I checked the Tesla app on Saturday and magically it appeared! A June 05- 26 delivery window! No VIN yet, though.

Model X Order SS.png

Your viper faster than 3.8 seconds?
Hmpf... TIL Vipers, while fast for their time, aren't that crazy fast. Averaging ~3.5-4.0s 0-60 and ~11.5s 1/4. :TheMoreYouKnow: :JadedByEVPerformance:

Has anyone been successful in getting Tesla to budge on a trade-in valuation? I’m downright insulted at what they offered me for my 2022 MYP with only 1000 miles - $61K. They must think I’m a sucker. I just saw them sell the exact same car for $82K last week. SMDH…
My trade in value has been all over the place with Tesla for my model 3 long range. I was very happy with the last one which has since expired. They told me to not bother until I get a VIN. They would reevaluate at that time. It expired every 30 days... here is were they were at with mine over the last 4 months or so - $44,800 ; 42,800.00 ; 43,600 and the last one $48,400.00 I was very happy with the last one as it gets me more than I actually have in the car because of the 7,500.00 tax credit and the sales tax I will save on the new one. I'm a little nervous about what my final one will be. Hoping for 45K at least

Wife and I drove the new iX on Saturday and was very impressed. Fully loaded still less than my March 2021 MXLR order, not by a lot, but still less. Unfortunately, couldn't get an EDD if I ordered immediately. Salesman let us do a no deposit order for an iX. He told us he'd expect it 4th quarter of this year given what's in the US pipeline and what he's hearing from the BMW factory.

Our MXLR order is currently showing a June 19 to July 24 EDD, so if it comes in that timeline, I plan to take delivery and see how it goes with quality and any potential issues. If it has quality issues or Tesla is hemming and hawing on fixing anything, I can always sell or trade in for at least what we paid for it and then take the iX when available. Feel like it's a win-win situation. Given how many times our Tesla EDD has changed, I honestly have very low trust in the current EDD, but am hoping that they surprise me, this time!

This thread, the EDD complaints, and Elon led me to do a ton of research on the competitor's offerings. I've even talked myself into possibly driving a sedan for a few years (Lucid Air) until a comparable SUV hits the market. I'll add the iX to my list.

Hmpf... TIL Vipers, while fast for their time, aren't that crazy fast. Averaging ~3.5-4.0s 0-60 and ~11.5s 1/4. :TheMoreYouKnow: :JadedByEVPerformance:

Jeremy Clarkson also can't make them turn worth a damn.

I called Tesla regarding my "field model" VIN. They said my car was built in late October 21 (just shy of N VIN), but there are no notes on the car which explain why it took so long to be shipped. They told me that even a minor scratch that is buffed out is documented, but this car has nothing. This is just really strange.
My field model that I rejected was dirty as a pig. Inside and out. Don't accept without giving it a thorough once over.

Can someone share the email address used to modify configuration without effecting my original order price? I remember seeing it a few days back, but couldn't find it after going through 30 or so pages. I want to change the exterior color.
My SA just did the change for me. Changed my order form 7 seater to 6 seater config, and my only price change was the $3500 difference between the two options (6 seater being $3500 more expensive).

Reactions: DelPhonic1