Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If by turn you mean tail slide around corners, then yes they can turn
I thought it they were like Mustangs - driving along a straight stretch of road only to end up in the ditch when they try flooring it. I've seen a lot of them as of late.

Sadly, I think the "art of the manual" has been lost (and by that I mean usage of both the manual transmission as well as the owner's manual).

I thought it they were like Mustangs - driving along a straight stretch of road only to end up in the ditch when they try flooring it. I've seen a lot of them as of late.

Sadly, I think the "art of the manual" has been lost (and by that I mean usage of both the manual transmission as well as the owner's manual).
Lol true. If people don’t know what they’re doing it can go south real quick

I called Tesla regarding my "field model" VIN. They said my car was built in late October 21 (just shy of N VIN), but there are no notes on the car which explain why it took so long to be shipped. They told me that even a minor scratch that is buffed out is documented, but this car has nothing. This is just really strange.
If the car is in perfect shape, then only real worry is the battery health. If they charge it to 90% given the 6 seats and 20 or 22" wheels, it should be 90% of the rated range on web site. If it isn't close, then the battery may have early degradation from 6+ months of sitting. May have actually gone to zero, that's the concern. Your signature shows 3/1/21 so you have good price vs current. That may be your comfort then. Or since it's a 21 and its May 22, maybe they can knock off a few grand or throw in some free SuperCharging miles. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Reactions: Great White
I called Tesla regarding my "field model" VIN. They said my car was built in late October 21 (just shy of N VIN), but there are no notes on the car which explain why it took so long to be shipped. They told me that even a minor scratch that is buffed out is documented, but this car has nothing. This is just really strange.
Personally, I’d be uncomfortable with paying so much and have so many unknowns. Especially how it may affect battery life now and down the line.

If the car is in perfect shape, then only real worry is the battery health. If they charge it to 90% given the 6 seats and 20 or 22" wheels, it should be 90% of the rated range on web site. If it isn't close, then the battery may have early degradation from 6+ months of sitting. May have actually gone to zero, that's the concern. Your signature shows 3/1/21 so you have good price vs current. That may be your comfort then. Or since it's a 21 and its May 22, maybe they can knock off a few grand or throw in some free SuperCharging miles. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Tesla is not going to throw in anything... They are just going to tell him to go F himself and assign it to the next guy who paid 10K more for the same vehicle. They have zero incentive right now to display any acts of good faith, given that they can't make cars fast enough to keep up with demand.

Tesla is not going to throw in anything... They are just going to tell him to go F himself and assign it to the next guy who paid 10K more for the same vehicle. They have zero incentive right now to display any acts of good faith, given that they can't make cars fast enough to keep up with demand.
This is unfortunately true. I don't think I'll ever go down this path with Tesla again until they are in "demand generation mode". Eliminating the car quality (and age) lottery should be the first thing they correct. But yeah they have little incentive at the moment.

I too got my EDD reset to a much more reasonable, and frankly anticipated date, of June 19th to July 31st. I was essentially told this by the SA two weeks ago (although I didn't put much faith in his answer at the time). But, by keeping an eye on how frequently VIN's were being delivered and where I was on the tracking list, I was guessing my day was coming in that general time frame.

I applaud Tesla for at least putting the effort in to providing some realistic EDD's. Obviously, their track record is pretty bad to date, so time will tell how accurate these dates will be.

I agree with the perception from this Forum that quality seems to be improving, and I also still see VIN's coming out which are both good signs.

I am looking forward to the day when I can tell my wife that the green night light in the garage is capable of more than just that.

I too got my EDD reset to a much more reasonable, and frankly anticipated date, of June 19th to July 31st. I was essentially told this by the SA two weeks ago (although I didn't put much faith in his answer at the time). But, by keeping an eye on how frequently VIN's were being delivered and where I was on the tracking list, I was guessing my day was coming in that general time frame.

I applaud Tesla for at least putting the effort in to providing some realistic EDD's. Obviously, their track record is pretty bad to date, so time will tell how accurate these dates will be.

I agree with the perception from this Forum that quality seems to be improving, and I also still see VIN's coming out which are both good signs.

I am looking forward to the day when I can tell my wife that the green night light in the garage is capable of more than just that.
Maybe premature to applaud them for a more realistic EDD. Until we actually see them hit these date ranges they are not any better than the previous November through July generalized EDDs.

Reactions: Great White
The J1772 adapter fitting between the car and charge cable still works with the new mobile charger as well as old. They have not changed the configuration of the end piece going into the car only the other end.
(working on pixj
Here are the pix. Second is mobile chargers new/old; first old mobile charger with adapters; third Amazon pix of J1172

Attachments

• 58F21275-E612-4E21-8FB5-32E090A5BB31.jpeg
    58F21275-E612-4E21-8FB5-32E090A5BB31.jpeg
    745.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 75C4AC40-73B3-4DE8-81D0-B0A16F005BBC.jpeg
    75C4AC40-73B3-4DE8-81D0-B0A16F005BBC.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 40460052-5F7A-4534-94E5-B2D982D16050.jpeg
    40460052-5F7A-4534-94E5-B2D982D16050.jpeg
    570.2 KB · Views: 57
I am wondering will a 2021 have a lower future value than a 2022?

Last edited:
Reactions: tierneyalvin
My speaker grill on the driver side was squeaking when driving over bumpy roads (the only kind in SLC). The service center supposedly put in some sound deadening material. It still squeaks when it is cold out, but it stops when it is warmer, or the sun has been shining in the car. The car is otherwise silent. Hopefully someone will post if they get a definitive fix for this seemingly common issue.
I have the same issue! Were they able to fix it? I'm taking my back to SC for a 2nd time since the first time they weren't able to fix it

My delivery was planned for this week…
SA called me in the morning and mentioned that they found some cosmetic damages which happened to the car during transit….
He said it’s going to take 2 additional weeks to fix the car…..he said it’s cosmetic but he said the delay is due to the wait time for parts….

What you guys recommend… i was very excited for pick up…. and now i’m sad 😞
My VIN is gone now :(
Are they going to ship a new car now?

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine