Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sort of do some numbers. That's not 0.06 cents per kWh; it's $0.06 per kWh. Or, in common English, six cents per kWh. Which is actually a pretty darn good price. I live in the Seattle area and pay ten cents ($0.10) per kWh and I'm very happy. By the way, I have absolutely no idea what it costs per gallon for regular gas. Really don't care. At ten cents per kWh my energy costs are essentially chump change. What bothers me is that our City has EV chargers and they want $0.40 per kWh. They probably pay the commercial rate, which is probably close to what robinsj pays in Utah. So, the delta ($0.30 per kWh) is really significant. Like thirty cents per kWh, which goes into someone's pocket.

Maybe the feds will get involved and make the prices fair. Nahhhh!! Never happen.....
What are the super charger rates in Seattle area? This will be my first Tesla so I haven’t looked into the pricing. My residence has charging parking spots and they want $100 extra a month for unlimited charging but I drive a lot so I’ll most likely go with that

Is my math wrong? If you have 30mpg and it costs $5 per gallon, and a Tesla with 4 miles per kWh. Then at 44 cents per kWh you can get 11.36 kWh which equates to 45.45 miles per $5 spent. Which compared to the 30mpg gas car is 51% cheaper per mile driven.
How much then, if you use a Destination charger and are topped up to 100% in the morning? How does that compare to the gas car?

I ditched the yoke for a Hansshow wheel and ergonomics are great. I have no issues with the armrests on either side.
My first week of driving I definitely understood this. Now after a couple of weeks of using the yoke, this offends my senses😄
My 40k miles road trip experience tells me that I never get 4 miles per kwh, more like 3 miles per kwh and 11.36 kwh equals to 34 miles, roughly the same as a 34 mpg car.
I destination charge, so this doesn't really apply for me.
What are the super charger rates in Seattle area? This will be my first Tesla so I haven’t looked into the pricing. My residence has charging parking spots and they want $100 extra a month for unlimited charging but I drive a lot so I’ll most likely go with that
It'll cost your residence prolly 20-60$/month for the electricity to charge your car. But truly, you should pay the $100 in a heartbeat, rather than plan your time around supercharging every week.

Let’s get this discussion back on track to when we’re all gonna GET OUR TESLAS!?! 🥹

I’ve been given an EDD of June 17 - Jul 8 but no VIN yet.

Is everyone just getting EOQ EDD so Tesla has options on who they ship to in order to maximize numbers and lots will be delayed or will this really happen? Like everyone else, super anxious and excited to take delivery but the unknowns are killing me.

MXP, red, black interior, 20, FSD. Ordered May 11th.

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1
Most people charge at home, which is where most of the savings come from. In my case that means less than 12c per kWh, any time of the day or night.
In my case, the first 500 kWh is slightly higher 10.6454¢ per kWh, over 500, it drops to 9.0752¢. There also are some account fees that are flat. Bottom line is, adding all that up, and including sales tax, it ends up between 11¢ and 12¢. So I call it 12.

My utility does offer an optional EV rate plan, that can drop it to 2.331¢ per kWh (lowest off-peak rate), but it requires a separate meter base and load center be installed. A WAG suggests that will cost me upwards of $4,000 to install. The rates applied depend on ToD (of course) but the schedule changes between summer and winter. Bottom line, I don't really find it that compelling.

Reactions: Jbell and FDEWEESE
sh*T ! I have to check every day then. :D thanks for the DP.

btw. when did you get VIN-ed? my delivery date is june 15h- july20
My delivery date was about the same as yours, then it tightened up to a small window, then a couple hours later there was a vin. I think in my case someone might have backed out and I was next in line. Makes me a little nervous about quality, but we’ll see later today. 🤞🏼

Let’s get this discussion back on track to when we’re all gonna GET OUR TESLAS!?! 🥹

I’ve been given an EDD of June 17 - Jul 8 but no VIN yet.

Is everyone just getting EOQ EDD so Tesla has options on who they ship to in order to maximize numbers and lots will be delayed or will this really happen? Like everyone else, super anxious and excited to take delivery but the unknowns are killing me.

MXP, red, black interior, 20, FSD. Ordered May 11th.
Hey open your My Tesla account on a internet browser...Login in...click MVPA on botom right side.
My app dont show VIN but my delivery date is June 15. In the MVPA document you will see your assigned VIN.

:)

Hey open your My Tesla account on a internet browser...Login in...click MVPA on botom right side.
My app dont show VIN but my delivery date is June 15. In the MVPA document you will see your assigned VIN.

:)
Thanks for the tip. I don’t have an MVPA. Just MVOA. Order agreement. No purchase agreement. Which means VIN not yet assigned. Given the pattern of VIN assignments it feels like maybe I need to wait another 7-10 days, closer to the first EDD day (June 17) before I might get a VIN. We’ll see!