Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve read all of those posts before; however, when I asked Tesla through text message yesterday they told me differently. I just sent an email as you suggested so we’ll see if I get a different response. Hopefully I will. Thanks for the advice.
Jorge is the only way. He is the Jesus of Model X config changes.
Exactly, Your SA will tell you the price will change to current price but JORGE will keep us the current price and just pay the difference about the options you choose. When I was ordering the car was 89,990 and 119,990 which was 30,000 differences but when they decide not to make any 5 or 7 seaters for plaid, they raise up the price to 126,490 which is including 6 seater option price. I am curious if I change from 7 seater LR now, will the difference will be just 30,000 (just the base price differences without seating options) or 33,000 (base price + 7 seater to 6 seater price) or 36,500 (plaid base price + 6 seater option price)?

My fear came true this morning. The June 17 - Jul 8 EDD was moved back to Aug - Sept. 😢 so bummed.
Financing and trade in were all arranged so will have to redo all of that. High probability I may just take delivery of the Cadillac Lyriq in September at less than half the price. Maybe switch this order from a plaid to LR. If I don’t like the Lyriq could always switch to the LR X when that would finally show up in a year.

We’ll see. Maybe this will switch earlier again but feels unlikely.
85D60E3C-8EE7-4A2C-B789-9FB0FC91191F.jpeg

Reactions: timberlights
My fear came true this morning. The June 17 - Jul 8 EDD was moved back to Aug - Sept. 😢 so bummed.
Financing and trade in were all arranged so will have to redo all of that. High probability I may just take delivery of the Cadillac Lyriq in September at less than half the price. Maybe switch this order from a plaid to LR. If I don’t like the Lyriq could always switch to the LR X when that would finally show up in a year.

We’ll see. Maybe this will switch earlier again but feels unlikely. View attachment 815745
It very well might switch earlier again. My Mar 2021 order had moved to much later and then switched to a narrow window of a few days and now is slated for pick up tomorrow. Hang in there.

If we changed order config from LR (7 seater now) to Plaid, how much differences do I need to pay? When I order was 6/2021 so the cheapest price which was $89,990 and plaid base was $119,990. So will it be $30,000 or $36,500 ( including 6 seater option price) ?
You should pay the 30,000 plus the difference between the 7-seat and the 6-seat. Something in the neighborhood of 33,000 total (I don’t remember the pricing details). But you need to make the request via email to ordersupport. I made a color change in early May. Both the telephone reps and multiple SAs in my local store all told me I would get re-priced. Not true, as others have pointed out here.

We’ll see. Maybe this will switch earlier again but feels unlikely. View attachment 815745
What’s your order date?

Took delivery today. Dream come true.

Some notes of interest for my delivery in MD:

-Upon arrival, was told could only review exterior of the car. Could not get access to keys or look inside “due to Covid protocols” so had to sign paperwork and “accept” delivery in the app first and then was given access and could start going through the MX delivery checklist. I wasn’t expecting this, not sure if that’s what other people experience nowadays.

-Included with the car inside the FRUNK: charging cable and front license plate, need to self install. Going into today, I wasn’t sure if we were grandfathered in but can confirm my MX includes the mobile connector as of June 2022 deliveries.

-Included with the car inside the TRUNK: tow hitch and Tesla Tire Repair Kit. At first didn’t know what the repair kit was, thought it was a small general use air compressor but looked it up and was surprised they included this “sealant and air” kit for free. Thanks Tesla.

-If you’re trading in a Tesla, make sure to ask your rep to tell you when they’re about to remove your old car from your account so you can run out and factory reset before s/he does this. I was sitting with the delivery manager at his desk when he did it but wasn’t told so couldn’t factory reset (requires you to login to your account) a few min later when I was transferring my physical stuff from M3 into the MX so had to manually delete profiles and keys associated with phones and log out of browser sign-ins. It was a PITA and some personal data probably still hanging around.

But all in all, no major workmanship issues. FWDs work flawlessly. Long journey but so far exceeds expectations.
Can't believe they included the tire repair kit. You're lucky....

Can't believe they included the tire repair kit. You're lucky....
It's a state law if the car doesn't have a spare or runflats:

MD Transp Code § 22-405.3 (2018)
  • If a new Class A (passenger) or Class M (multipurpose) motor vehicle is sold in this State, the manufacturer shall equip the motor vehicle with a spare tire that conforms with the requirements in § 22-405 of this subtitle, unless:
  • (1) The tire-wheel system of the motor vehicle provides a run-flat capability by which a partially inflated driving surface becomes available in the event of a tire failure;
  • (2) The motor vehicle is equipped with a factory-installed temporary tire repair and inflation system; or
  • (3) Technological improvements, consistent with applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards, become available.

Did you get the text about trade in? Mine still at jun 17-jul 5. But this likely could be me too. Although im optomistic thats not accurate and another placeholder

Reactions: Elixir
Did you get the text about trade in? Mine still at jun 17-jul 5. But this likely could be me too. Although im optomistic thats not accurate and another placeholder
I never received a text about a trade in. When I saw the 6/17 - 7/8 EDD I submitted my trade in information and financing information. Both are locked in (for 30 days).

I really hope your dates stick! Let us know.

I think I'm just going to leave my reservation alone the next few weeks and see what happens. Who knows, the way these bounce around it could move back up and get a VIN... or get further out.

Reactions: Elixir
Hi Everyone,
Is there plans to use a 4680 battery pack in the new Model X?
Has a dated been set for use of the new matrix headlights?
Also, any news on European deliveries of the Model X or S?

I have had four teslas at this point, and one of the thing tesla does very well is include technology in built in advance of being usable. What they also do poorly is, the new tech may never get used or if it does, it is replaced by something newer.

Just get the latest and be happy

Reactions: Turbotaurus