Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone take a pic of the tilt center screen? Not sure how I can tell the difference between one that doesn't.

Went to pick up my new 10/21 built X.

FWD alignment was super jacked and missing paint in a bunch of spots including the seams, which was crazy to me.

Rejected delivery just on those alone.

Manager said he has never seen Tesla sell a year old model as new without some discount.
Good to know Tesla finally came to senses.

Got vinned early today, NF345XXX. Only by seeing App. White/cream/20/7/FSD. EDD was July 22-Sept 2 and 8 hours later it changed to June 19-25. Days away.

Not one txt or call or email from Tesla.

While it appears to be May VIN (???) I suspect one of many similar reassigns that I see across FB. Suspect interest rate jack ups and stock market souring some buyers. Worst case a reject in my State but as a pre-refresh order, $35k below current price, I can live with a few issues at delivery till fixee if it was a reject.

Not sure whether to call local store and ask questions with delivery in a week or less or wait. App shows price without $2K discount so payment screen still off. No MVPA yet but thus far, silent treatment.

Oh, it did ask me to update insurance which I did and App is asking me to set up phone key. I find that odd.

I have the tesla floor mats for the front. Love them. Too bad they haven’t released anything other than the front floor mats for the new model. But I hit the bullet and have the tesmanian set coming at the end of the month. Thought they were coming earlier since I have a tracking number, but they haven’t shipped yet. Will take pics and post once I have them.

same here - have tracking number but not shipped yet

Reactions: Neewbs
Breaking news: word on the net is that Tesla will be bringing EAP as an option!
Saw the news and Elon's OK tweet, Wish it was here now. I would drop FSD immediately and just have EAP. Had it on my M3 and its all you need. Auto Lane change, AutoPark and Nav on AP are enough, assuming that is what EAP comes back with. Found out my MX is due to arrive delivery center on June 21 so my pickup will be right after that I suspect for Q2 close. Has FSD $10K but, EAP would be my preference. I am not not crying, if I don't get the chance to drop down to EAP, I will still be thrilled to drive off the lot knowing I saved $35K with my pre-refresh order.

Last edited:
I'm 3407XX, and was told my birthdate is 4/22. I also felt that the VIN was a bit older than I hoped, but given that deliveries have been lumpy (didn't they even pause for some software updates in May too??), I'm hoping it's a non-issue.

I read somewhere that swivel screens began on my birthdate (4/22), but SA could neither confirm nor deny for my particular car. I'll take the car either way because I feel that Tesla will eventually honor what was promised... or at least Tesla or 3rd party will be able to upgrade it at some point.

If we were anywhere near getting matrix headlights, I might consider punting, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

My EDD is now June 23-29, and I'll report back.
We had home delivery on the 13th for our MX Plaid. Vin 3401XX with a born on date of 4/22. I don't see the option for display so I don't think it has swivel capabilities. Only problems we noticed was the front console cup holder doesn't stay retracted on first try. Takes a few tries to get it to stay retracted. Other problem is driver side FWD doesn't quite fully seat/close when looking at the top of the car. Near the top center of the car it appears to have a slight gap of 1/8th inch or so higher than the passenger side where maybe water may leak in.
Everything else looks great. We're so happy to finally see what we were missing having never had a Tesla. Coming from several high horsepower modded Cadillac CTSVs the acceleration is AMAZING! All the hp gets to the pavement and we have room for 6 passengers.

If you get the car tinted with a heat rejecting tint, it'll be fine - plus it saves the a/c from having to work so hard. I really wish Tesla made the glass that way as I know other manufacturers offer it as an option. I've got Spectre Photosync on my S for 4 years now and it's a noticeable difference.
I had Photosync on my 2018 MX and it was an absolute savior for me, but to tell you the truth, I don't feel I need it on the Plaid(SR-71). I was in Vegas last weekend with 110 degree temps and sun. I never felt when going inside Plaid was offensively hot like I would expect with any other car. I think the heat is rejected quite nicely with the new double paned with a layer in-between 'sandwich' glass. I'm going to add tint to the side windows for more privacy, but not the windshield, to protect my views of California on trips. Yet another reason why refresh is such an upgrade.

Finally got the vehicle back from the detailer. Before and afters from 3 angles attached. 20% front windows tints to match the factory rears, 70% windshield, full front PPF plus luggage strip, full ceramic coat including wheels, light smoke on all lights. (The last set of photos of the rear are flipped order somehow).

Also the lighting or artifacts in the photos somehow make the panel alignment and gaps look worse than they do in real life :p. I’ve got a few they need to tweak but nothing horrible thankfully.
Had the Yahasan peeps come by and install the frunk opener and trunk kick opener, which I like. The older guy that did the installation was like "oooh. ohhhhhh ohhhh" panel gaps do you see them? I started to look where he was pointing at the front lights/hood, and literally started feeling bored that very instant. He then went and quickly adjusted some rubber mountings inside the hood, then shook his head in approval. I see what he's talking about, but when I look at the car its way more macro than micro detail for me. To each his own.

Saw the news and Elon's OK tweet, Wish it was here now. I would drop FSD immediately and just have EAP. Had it on my M3 and its all you need. Auto Lane change, AutoPark and Nav on AP are enough, assuming that is what EAP comes back with. Found out my MX is due to arrive delivery center on June 21 so my pickup will be right after that I suspect for Q2 close. Has FSD $10K but, EAP would be my preference. I am not not crying, if I don't get the chance to drop down to EAP, I will still be thrilled to drive off the lot knowing I saved $35K with my pre-refresh order.
Im seriously considering this as well

Reactions: golferguy
Picked MXP today (will post pics soon) from Fremont CA. To my surprise, there were ZERO issues with the panel gaps, paint issues, interior, tech etc...I am a pretty OCD person and spent an hour going through each and very single corner...NOTHING! Hopefully it stays this way. Latest software, Swivel screen and all the latest stuff....for what's it worth...