Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course Tesla superchargers ramp down their chargers more to go easier on the battery later in the charge. But then again, the Tesla allows a higher charge rate at Electrify America. Who to trust?

I’m sure some guys on here can explain better?
I trust the company that has to warranty my battery and pay to replace it for an early failure.

After rejecting my car and then being reassigned the vin a few days later, the sa put my order on hold until that vin was reassigned. Today I see my edd is now november-January. They said when i rejected the first one that it would be pretty quick and i had a July-august edd when i was reassigned the prior vin. Now this. Blue/white 6 seater LR fwiw

Thanks. Vegan leather, ha. Vinyl. I wish that Tesla didn’t pander to PETA and just made leather seats standard. What’s more renewable than cows?
While I think the whole anti-cowhide sentiment is misled, I think it’s good PR and alternate faux leather materials are getting really good. Also, most people don’t care.

Perhaps most importantly, synthetic materials can come in mass-production-facilitating rolls.

Side note: it’s just like the misunderstanding of cow emissions. Grass takes CO2 out of the air, and cows don’t put back more carbon than they eat. More grass grows and takes the same amount of carbon back out of the air. Cows are, at worst, net zero contributors to the current atmospheric CO2.

It’s the carbon that has been stored underground for millennia in coal/oil etc that is adding to current CO2 levels.

Last edited:
While I think the whole anti-cowhide sentiment is misled, I think it’s good PR and alternate faux leather materials are getting really good. Also, most people don’t care.

Perhaps most importantly, synthetic materials can come in mass-production-facilitating rolls.

Side note: it’s just like the misunderstanding of cow emissions. Grass takes CO2 out of the air, and cows don’t put back more carbon than they eat. More grass grows and takes the same amount of carbon back out of the air. Cows are, at worst, net zero contributors to the current atmospheric CO2.

It’s the carbon that has been stored underground for millennia in coal/oil etc that is adding to current CO2 levels.
Leather is a byproduct of meat industry. No matter the leather is available whereas vinyl and other faux leathers are made from petroleum. BTW I don’t eat beef.

Hey folks do all pre ordered refresh vehicles come with the mobile charger ? Does it have the 220v adapter ? Also is it the same as the one earlier which could charge at 24amp?
1) up to the announcement that the vehicles would no longer have mobile adapters, yes. After the announcement, $200 price (and $400 for the wall connector, btw a mind blowing good price)
2) they charge at up to 32 amps not max 24.

Interest might be increasing but so did price. Whoever canceled is losing $31k equity which makes up for the higher interest. Nice catch on your part
Higher interest rates will also subdue used vehicle demand even more than new and will eventually put an end to price craziness in the market

The Fed will hike rates until these are back to being a depreciating asset

One more quick review and tips for those who were wanting to get something to use for sentry mode other than the usb thumb drive tesla gives you with your X.

I ordered this: SAMSUNG SSD T7 Portable External Solid State Drive 1TB, Up to 1050MB/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Reliable Storage for Gaming, Students, Professionals, MU-PC1T0T/AM, Gray https://a.co/h9V4rDZ

As well as this: Strenco 2 Inch Hook and Loop Strips with Adhesive - 5 Yards - Heavy Duty Tape - Black Sticky Back Fastener https://a.co/3kB8B2t

The drive is super small and comes with all the cables you’ll need. Take the drive out of the box, plug the cable into the glove box USB slot, then go to Safety tab in settings and tell it to format the drive. It will format it and setup the folders you need in seconds while you’re in the vehicle. It’s really just that easy to set one up.

Then just apply the adhesive fastener to one side of the drive and to the interior of the glove box. Pro tip there’s a reason there are two rolls in the box, one is the hook and one is the loop lol. Need to use one roll for the SSD side and one roll for the glove box otherwise the Velcro ain’t gonna work. I totally didn’t just put two strips from the same roll like a moron. Nope definitely didn’t do that.

Photos of it in place - it’s super secure. I tested by honking and creating new dashcam clips. Performance is way better for browsing the clips onboard with the built in dash cam viewer app versus the tesla provided USB thumb stick. Drive is easily removable due to the Velcro if you want to hook it to a computer to look at clips.

If you wanted to use a shorter usb cable and mount it differently you’ll need a USB-A to USB-C cable. The car side is USB-A port and the drive uses USB-C.

Attachments

• 912F9043-A84B-41C2-94C3-4B51925DAC4B.jpeg
    912F9043-A84B-41C2-94C3-4B51925DAC4B.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 121
  • EE7A1301-74C7-48E3-A546-4690AE0A2A6A.jpeg
    EE7A1301-74C7-48E3-A546-4690AE0A2A6A.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 87

This is admittedly WAY off topic but I’m compelled to ensure an accurate understanding of the methane emissions of our very tasty four legged bovine friends. While it’s true that grass scrubs CO2 from the atmosphere, it is not the simple ingestion of said grass that releases the carbon content of that grass. Instead, cows have two stomachs for the specific purpose of breaking down the very tough cellulosic materials they eat. Grass, hay, corn (and not the sweet corn you love!). Instead billions of bacteria are doing this job in the cow gut and the byproduct of those little critters is methane and CO2. In my youth, yes, I’ve raised many a calf so know a thing or two about their inner workings. Now we all know. Time to get back to topic cause it’s UDDERLY ridiculous these EDD wait times! 🐄