Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was the fremont delivery center that I called (510) 249-3500. Some posts a while back talked about calling in to schedule once you receive a vin. Going to try and call again Monday or Tuesday if I don’t receive a text to schedule.

What is also interesting is that the rep said it was being produced, but I already have an MVPA that shows a ODO reading of 15. Is that just by default?

Reactions: lexus26
VINNED as well. 3494xx, is this a recent vin?

OD 6/23/21, SoCal. Originally W/Cream/5/20/LR, changed to W/W this march.

EDD settled to be 7/1-7/22 recently. On 6/22 (30 days of 7/22) got the trade in call, vinned today.
Yes, a recent VIN. Probably around June 15 give or take
Mine is 3495xx and I believe it is built today or tomorrow as SA told me before I received any VIN. He said yesterday MYP is built today and MXP is built tomorrow and I received both VINs about the same time one day apart.

Interesting that my 3494xx vin assigned yesterday is still being built. They seem to created a bunch of vins yesterday. Hope we still get some QC for EOQ push. Text from tesla when asked about build date.

"The vehicle is still in the factory finishing up production so the build date is not yet available. But it will likely be June 2022."

Reactions: Driver 8
Like many here, we received our vin number and updated EDD (jun28-jul1). Unfortunately my wife is in Europe until Jul11. We were planning to trade in our S (or sell if money was better) and finance the rest. Her name is on title with mine so not sure where that leaves us. Once I get contacted about delivery I am going to try and talk to someone about our options but I'm curious if anyone here has had to deal with this recently?

It isn't like we could put our lives on hold and not go anywhere with Tesla constantly moving delivery dates.
We already had international travel planned during the delivery window and are near the factory. As suspected, our delivery got scheduled but I had already prepared a Power of Attorney for someone. In the end, it didn’t matter because we got Tesla to do a home delivery (they seemed to want to complete delivery) and we did all the loan and paperwork remotely. This included both myself and my wife as co-signers. I got a call from Tesla this morning confirming they would do a home delivery, a text when they were on the way, and a text when it was dropped off. Had our person do an exterior inspection, confirmed no major issues that can’t be addressed, clicked to complete payment, clicked to complete acceptance, and the car became available to access on the app.

If there end up being issues, we’ll address upon our return. Warranty issues are warranty issues. Tesla’s not going to deny them, especially in California.

Better pics - maybe - when we return. But we did it! We got our originally priced 7 seater.

50607F00-CEB6-4E18-B39A-B115CF894FE7.jpeg
93D438C1-B582-4F21-BAF8-114C744EECAD.jpeg
FC59A719-9721-419F-A0F1-190D017F1643.jpeg
7A9DB4B5-5F1F-43E3-9AB6-BB6A4BBAC1DD.jpeg

Interesting that my 3494xx vin assigned yesterday is still being built. They seem to created a bunch of vins yesterday. Hope we still get some QC for EOQ push. Text from tesla when asked about build date.

"The vehicle is still in the factory finishing up production so the build date is not yet available. But it will likely be June 2022."
That’s odd as my 3495 vin was just built this morning according the fremont advisor I just spoke to.

We already had international travel planned during the delivery window and are near the factory. As suspected, our delivery got scheduled but I had already prepared a Power of Attorney for someone. In the end, it didn’t matter because we got Tesla to do a home delivery (they seemed to want to complete delivery) and we did all the loan and paperwork remotely. This included both myself and my wife as co-signers. I got a call from Tesla this morning confirming they would do a home delivery, a text when they were on the way, and a text when it was dropped off. Had our person do an exterior inspection, confirmed no major issues that can’t be addressed, clicked to complete payment, clicked to complete acceptance, and the car became available to access on the app.

If there end up being issues, we’ll address upon our return. Warranty issues are warranty issues. Tesla’s not going to deny them, especially in California.

Better pics - maybe - when we return. But we did it! We got our originally priced 7 seater.

View attachment 821110View attachment 821111View attachment 821112View attachment 821115
Congrats!

Reactions: focher
Today I finally graduate from this thread on day 514. Delivery was pretty smooth, everything looks tight (except for one piece of trim in the trunk that came off when we got home but easy enough to put back on), charger included. Will do a more thorough inspection just in case after the software update goes through. As others have said, nice power, more comfortable - especially with teenagers.

Wishing everyone well and the best of luck on your own deliveries.
So pleased for you! We're both from Toronto, and ordered virtually the same day. You switched to 6-seat so deserved the priority... I'll probably be at least another three weeks or so, but hope my delivery experience is as clear as yours :)

View attachment 821110View attachment 821111View attachment 821112View attachment 821115
Good to know! My wife is already out of country and we haven't documented power of attorney. We also want to trade in the current model S where she is on title (with me) so we'll have to see....hoping to maybe get ahold of a real person on Monday and work it out.

How exactly did having a home delivery change the requirements?

edit: Congrats on that X!

That happened to me. I got the VIN one day before what turned out to be the build date, but they couldn’t tell me until several days later because it was still in production when I first asked. I got my MVPA 3 days after I got my VIN and then they were able to give me the exact build day.

Got a nice early surprise today, and brought her home. Delivery was scheduled for Tuesday June 28th. Got a text this morning that the car was onsite and invited us to choose a sooner delivery date, so we chose the earliest available which was on Sunday June 26th.

We had to run some errands and decided to swing by the service center to see if we could do a walk around. Tons of cars there as you would expect during end of quarter, but didn't see a single person walking around in the 100+ degree heat. We finally found the car and were walking around taking some close looks, and a sales advisor came up and asked if we'd like to take it home today. That took a few milliseconds to decide. :)

Didn't find anything major with the walk around or the climb through. Thought I'd found some paint issues, but appeared to be some kind of black residue, I'm assuming from stickers. The regen braking is much stronger than I'd imagined, and I already find myself not even instinctively reaching for the brake. I've yet to really mash the accelerator pedal, but can tell it's got power o-plenty at the ready.

It really is a fun car to drive. Hope everyone still waiting will soon get to experience the thrill and excitement after your long wait.

Took delivery today after 17 mos wait. 7 seats cream. Was a little disappointed at FWD alignments vs front doors on both sides. About 1/8" off. However we put all seats up and down, lay flat and then found the bigger issue. The middle row passenger side, single seat lower rear material was not properly attached. Wont stay tucked in. And some marks on car that needed buffing. But all other gaps, alignments and operation good.

They did the buffing and ordered another seat, made an appointment 4 weeks out in anticipation of seat arrival and then will adjust FWDs. I have direct emails of all involved so I know exactly who to follow up with.

Try all the seats folks. Until you move them all and raise and lower you wont know something isnt right.or hidden in theblower rear.

But it was fun to drive! Wow, LR is fast, even in chill mode.

Attachments

• 20220625_132523.jpg
    20220625_132523.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 74