Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We arrived in my wife's MY. My wife mentioned the referral code regarding supercharger miles. The Tesla person we spoke with said that they no longer honored the 1,000 mile supercharger promotion. Since my order was June 2, 2021 does anyone know if this is true? Did they stop honoring the grandfather referral code?
Based on my google search: “As of September 18, 2021, vehicle products, and solar panels are no longer eligible for Referral awards.”

But i don't know that they still honor orders\referrals before that date. My guess is they aren't, however, when I look at the "Loot Box" in my app it does show my referral for my Model X order from May '21.

Edit: actually here is the table direct from Tesla's site:
1660588455682.png

1660588495093.png

So if you have a June order, it looks like you should get 1000 miles on each car? For me that ordered in May, i guess i only get 1000 miles on my old car? Which actually isn't super useful since I'm planning on the Model X to be the road trip car...

I am scheduled to pick up my MX today in Devon PA. I went to the lot on Saturday and found my vehicle. They were clearly working on it since they had some white markings of issues they found (which is a good thing).

We arrived in my wife's MY. My wife mentioned the referral code regarding supercharger miles. The Tesla person we spoke with said that they no longer honored the 1,000 mile supercharger promotion. Since my order was June 2, 2021 does anyone know if this is true? Did they stop honoring the grandfather referral code?

Thanks
I received 1,000 miles of supercharging on my June 16,2021 order (delivered on June 20, 2022). But I confirmed the mileage spiff shortly after I ordered. I expected the referror side for another 1,000, but that did not happen. I think if you requested the spiff shortly after ordering, they applied it. If you did not ask then, it was not applied.

Based on my google search: “As of September 18, 2021, vehicle products, and solar panels are no longer eligible for Referral awards.”

But i don't know that they still honor orders\referrals before that date. My guess is they aren't, however, when I look at the "Loot Box" in my app it does show my referral for my Model X order from May '21.

Edit: actually here is the table direct from Tesla's site:
View attachment 841251

View attachment 841253

So if you have a June order, it looks like you should get 1000 miles on each car? For me that ordered in May, i guess i only get 1000 miles on my old car? Which actually isn't super useful since I'm planning on the Model X to be the road trip car...
* Free Supercharging miles can be used by any vehicles on the same account and will expire 6 months after the miles are added.

Reactions: stonelance
Seems like a lot of May 2021 orders getting VIN'd lately
Agreed. What’s interesting for us is that we made a change (wheels) the first week in June so the order date in our account says June 6. I’m just happy to finally have something that feels more fixed. Our delivery window was set to start tomorrow (Aug 16) and I was preparing myself for another delay. Now just hope the car arrives near perfect as we have to book a flight to go get it.

Agreed. What’s interesting for us is that we made a change (wheels) the first week in June so the order date in our account says June 6. I’m just happy to finally have something that feels more fixed. Our delivery window was set to start tomorrow (Aug 16) and I was preparing myself for another delay. Now just hope the car arrives near perfect as we have to book a flight to go get it.
My delivery window starts 17, and I got text & email to schedule delivery, and when I click the link, page is blank 😡Tesla never fails to frustrate you on every step of the process.

I received 1,000 miles of supercharging on my June 16,2021 order (delivered on June 20, 2022). But I confirmed the mileage spiff shortly after I ordered. I expected the referror side for another 1,000, but that did not happen. I think if you requested the spiff shortly after ordering, they applied it. If you did not ask then, it was not applied.
That's about $100. Why do folks waste so much time/discussion over this silly discount.

Quick question... they asked me to update mileage on my performance model 3 that I'm using as a trade-in for my MX plaid and the offer they submitted to me was $7,200 lower than a month ago???? I quickly rejected it....do I have any recourse or just need to sell it myself? Seems beyond ridiculous....so frustrated but at least my window didn't change.

Quick question... they asked me to update mileage on my performance model 3 that I'm using as a trade-in for my MX plaid and the offer they submitted to me was $7,200 lower than a month ago???? I quickly rejected it....do I have any recourse or just need to sell it myself? Seems beyond ridiculous....so frustrated but at least my window didn't change.
Sell it yourself there are numerous outlets that will provide an estimate online to purchase the car

I kept my other tesla, I also had a portion financed and that went up little less than 2% than what others were getting a few months ago.