Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FCF5023B-DE90-414A-944F-B6E31BCA4FA0.jpeg
F275E056-0A8B-434B-BCFE-D703640322BF.jpeg

Picked up my MXLR White/Black 6 seat 22” today.

Overall it was decent. Found 2 issues. Fender edge had some paint scratch and the other fender wasn’t flush.

Was able to score an appointment for next day.

What was weird about it? I’m curious
My delivery appointment was at 1pm. I got to the dealer at 12:45pm. I walked in and they asked to see my phone right away. I asked to see the car and the guy points to the parking lot and ask me to find it my self. I walked around the whole lot and can’t seem to find my car. When I told him he say oh. Your car is still being prepped. Have a seat and we will let you know when it’s ready. At 1:10pm I see the car pulled into the parking spot and inspected the vehicle. There were a folder with about 8 piece of paper asking for wet signature. I walked in with it and they say oh no. Just sign them and drop it in the mailbox up front and you are good to go. 🤦‍♂️ I’m so used to buying a car with a few human interaction. But this time it’s like a whole different way of buying a car.

Just weird but simple.

Little trick for the Yoke. Noticed the Model X steering has a very nice steering return to center. Just putting a finger on the yoke and letting the car steering return to center saves a whole lot of hand motions. The more I use the yoke the more I like it. Still get caught out on some Y turns, but overall getting the feel of it. Love the way the yoke opens up the cockpit.

Took delivery of my MX LR on Tuesday. Was expecting to find some quality issues and to submit a bunch of service requests, but honestly besides very minor paint scratches we couldn't find anything wrong with it. The scratches are too small to spend any effort on this. The windshield was extremely dirty on the inside... not sure why they didn't clean it, but no big deal!

Overall very happy about this car!

The only complaint: having driven only cars with 360 degree (bird's eye) parking view for the past 5 years, I'm much less confident when parking / maneuvering tight places in my new Model X, and it's very difficult to center the car between lines if I park head-in. I will try back in more often, but that's not possible at places like Costco where you need the trunk.

Really thankful for folks on this forum. I learned of EECU (myeecu.org credit union) auto loan at 1.99% from this forum, and they were really easy to work with.

Last edited:
Took delivery of my MX LR on Tuesday. Was expecting to find some quality issues and to submit a bunch of service requests, but honestly besides very minor paint scratches we couldn't find anything wrong with it. The scratches are too small to spend any effort on this. The windshield was extremely dirty on the inside... not sure why they didn't clean it, but no big deal!

The only complaint: having driven only cars with 360 degree (bird's eye) parking view for the past 5 years, I'm much less confident when parking / maneuvering tight places in my new Model X, and it's very difficult to center the car between lines if I park head-in. I will try back in more often, but that's not possible at places like Costco where you need the trunk.
Try activating the rear camera view which includes the two side cameras. It provides a decent view of side lines on the pavement. Easy to tell if you are centered.

Really thankful for folks on this forum. I learned of EECU (myeecu.org credit union) auto loan at 1.99% from this forum, and they were really easy to work with.
how long did it take to get an answer with EECU and is it pretty seamless coordinating payment with Tesla on delivery?

Reactions: Kitt9000