Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know how we missed this at pickup, but look at our rear wheel. Not a mark on the tire, yet there are three marks on the rim.

Attachments

• PXL_20220818_212316260.jpg
    PXL_20220818_212316260.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 121
Yesterday morning...VIN: 7SAXCBE57NF358xxx (8/16/2022)
Updates:
I got the car this noon with home delivery. The car so far looks good and it's really amazing (I guess everything is amazing when you have to wait 400+ days...)
The delivery process was smooth and delivery guy gave me bunch of time to inspect the car inside out before accepting the car.

469 days after ordering, today was D-Day. The DS unlocked the MX and allowed ample time for me to inspect on my own before clicking the Accept button in the app.

The only issue I had was connecting my iPhone via Bluetooth. When I asked about this, the DS told me that Bluetooth connectivity does not work properly until the Accept button is selected. Paint and panels look good. No yoke worm. Interior trim looks good. The only minor problem so far is plastic trim not glued down over the left rear wheel well, adjacent to the FWD. Other exterior plastic trim perhaps a bit loose. All doors and windows open and close smoothly and seals look good.

I was surprised to find the portable charger in the boot. Hitch receiver was in the frunk. No fobs. I asked about purchasing a fob, but they had none is stock and the Tesla Store shows out-of-stock for MX.

Overall, the delivery process was smooth and efficient. My DS was unobtrusive and understanding. After departing, I found the steering to be stiff, but then I discovered that steering was on sport, and when changed to comfort, the feel was the same as my old MS. Even though I have been driving a Tesla for 6½ years, the learning curve for the Refresh MX is steeper than I anticipated, but an enjoyable exercise, nevertheless.

Thanks to all on this forum for the info and support. The Google spreadsheet is an amazing resource. Thanks, also, to those who authored the comprehensive inspection checklists. Now I need to finish the calibration process, get a score sufficient to enable FSD, and enjoy this amazing vehicle. The long wait was annoying, to say the least, but worth it, in the end. Starship, indeed.

Finally scheduled delivery appt for August 26th. App said EDD is Aug 19-23, hadn't received ability to schedule as of yesterday so I sent a text and they opened the delivery selection. Noticed it was for the original EDD (they gave me a 5 day window FYI), and inquired. SA from Cleveland said yeah app is wrong car slated to arrive this weekend early next week. Also note they tried 2x to stiff me on sales tax reduction. I inquired initially when decided to trade in and it was reflected than disappeared quickly after. I had to have them redo the loan as I was originally going to put a bunch of $ down but decided to trade in my Y which is more down than planned. Needed the loan reduced and updated they did that and even though I told them about sales tax it wasn't done. I had to call to get it reflected properly. Just something for those of you trading in to watch out for. That all being said I can't wait for next Friday just praying it's a good one.

European delivery progress update: Today I suddenly had the possibility to select delivery location, insurance details, payment setup and registration information in the account for mye MXP order. RN11447xxxx. Seems like deliveries in Europe are definitely moving closer! No VIN yet though, will probably still be 2-3 months before any cars are actually delivered I presume (current EDD still only have the default 'Dec 22 - Feb 23' showing, just like all old and current European orders).

Reactions: RM_fromGER
European delivery progress update: Today I suddenly had the possibility to select delivery location, insurance details, payment setup and registration information in the account for mye MXP order. RN11447xxxx. Seems like deliveries in Europe are definitely moving closer! No VIN yet though, will probably still be 2-3 months before any cars are actually delivered I presume (current EDD still only have the default 'Dec 22 - Feb 23' showing, just like all old and current European orders).
I anticipate after this EOQ rush in Sept they will think forward to European deliveries. I would guess Nov/Dec deliveries scattered last quarter of year then a few more in Jan/Feb/March larger scale next Spring/Summer. Just a hunch knowing the Tesla timeline.

May 6 2021 had been moved to Aug 16-sep 1, now back again to Aug 20-Sep 8 (around previous estimates). So it sure seems like it’s going to happen but there’s some jockeying for positioning.
Ok the Vin came this am. Aug 24th delivery. Same trend everybody else has been reporting with the flyovers things are starting to happen fast now. I hope the rest of you get filled fast.