Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how long did it take to get an answer with EECU and is it pretty seamless coordinating payment with Tesla on delivery?
EECU: about 2 days for loan application and 2 days for membership application. Funding took 1 phone call (10mins) and they mailed the check to Tesla & sent me PDF & tracking

Tesla: pretty easy. I called Tesla to confirm we are all set for delivery, and they asked for the check PDF & tracking

PXL_20220816_050434452.jpg

I got 2 of these. I use one as the trunk side storage cover, where can I use the second one?

Me too, just as long as I don't get a shoddy "last week of Q3" build 😅
FWIW, I got a "last week of Q1" build and it has been stellar. The only issue was the console PRND mask was scratched (so you could see part of the "N" even when it was not lit up) and they replaced it. My detailer said the paint was outstanding and everything lined up. So I would approach every build with a critical eye (I went in planning to reject this car) but would not dismiss outright based on build date.

I keep trying to focus on the fact that there are almost no west coast VINs right now, and crossing my fingers that all these dates get pulled in once they start VINing.
Just had a friend drive by the Lynnwood, WA service center and saw 8 brand new X out front ready for pickup. Not a lot of other models. He didn’t see if they were LR or plaids

5/7/21 order for 7 seat white exterior and white interior LR. Profile completion date a year later 6/2022. I have not had movement in my EDD for months, still oct 18-dec 13. Really hoping I can get it q3 since I’m in SF, CA but doesn’t seem like it.

Anyone ever get a vin without completing the profile? Or anyone in California who ordered after me and got a white/white 7 seater LR? Trying to present evidence to my sales center for all the BS excuses they’ve given me.

Reactions: Elixir
Me too, just as long as I don't get a shoddy "last week of Q3" build 😅
I think the whole "shoddy" end of quarter build thing is probably a wives tale at this point. For the most part they have ramped up and are producing the same number of cars each week during the quarter. Where the rush job factors in is probably with the transport, delivery prep, cleaning, and touch up at the SC.

So finally after 472 days I'm scheduled for a delivery tomorrow.
By default the delivery method was "home delivery" but I'm torn between "factory pick up" or "home delivery" as I'm just 30min away from Fremont factory.
So here is my question: for you who use the home delivery, how's the recent experience as I learned sometime they will rush you to accept the car w/o proper examining first. Also should do the I ACH transfer now or I can wait till the car shows up on my driveway and I accept the car..?

Thanks in advance.

Don't feel bad since many of us are closed to 18 months of waiting. What is your configurations and RN# (minus last 3 numbers)
Misery loves company, feels better knowing I'm not the only one.
RN115239xxx MX, LR, White/Black, 7 seater, 22" No FSD. Ordered 6/30/21, now EDD Oct 4 - Nov 15.
SA just responded to my text:

"As of right now, any delay on your estimated delivery dates would be specific delays from our factory producing vehicles and getting them down to Southern California. The fact that your dates are showing a range of over a month does mean that your dates will actively change again. We need them to start condensing to get a more accurate date range for your delivery .
Based on the dates showing I believe they could change 1-2 more times. We are trying to catchup with our model X delays actively and can have another update to your delivery dates at the end of this month "

So finally after 472 days I'm scheduled for a delivery tomorrow.
By default the delivery method was "home delivery" but I'm torn between "factory pick up" or "home delivery" as I'm just 30min away from Fremont factory.
So here is my question: for you who use the home delivery, how's the recent experience as I learned sometime they will rush you to accept the car w/o proper examining first. Also should do the I ACH transfer now or I can wait till the car shows up on my driveway and I accept the car..?

Thanks in advance.
Congrats! When did you get your VIN?

I would not pay until you get the car, and have a chance to look at it. I think when they do home delivery they are pretty rushed to drop off your car and go back for another delivery. If you want a lot of time to look over the car you might be better off to switch to the SC if that is possible at this point.