Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not Feb, but March 13 here. EDD pushed a week back yesterday to Sept 5 - 25.
Me too. Jan '21...

You all 6 seaters? March 2021 here as well. Hilarious that I have to specify the year. 10/5-11/16 EDD. I feel the 6 seat config is really doing me dirty seeing all the June/July 21' 7 seaters get delivered.

May 2021 7 seater. I feel the opposite, seems like 6 seaters getting theirs first.

Also not sure what exactly is my holdup, white trim, white exteriors, seats, California??
I hope you get yours as well at end of quarter next month! Waiting for same… Apparently California is a detriment unless it’s months of March, June, Sep, or dec. Till then all we can do is wait wait and wait. Sigh…

Picked up my car yesterday. The delivery center must be pretty under staffed or over worked because it took almost 2 hours to get in and out. Anyway, minor scratches & some paint defects all getting taken care of with a service appointment. Alignment, panel gaps, seals, glass, seats, all the major stuff looked great. However, there's a constant high pitched whine coming form under the front of the car while parked. At first I though it was trying to cool the batteries down after driving home, but it was constant for 4 hours until going to bed. It was gone this morning, but came back and has been on and off all day without having driven anywhere. I thought maybe my phone was waking the car up when I approached, but that's not it either. Does anybody know what that noise is? Google was not any help.

The entire delivery process left a lot to be desired. 2 day notice for the pickup & really poor communication throughout. They had me scheduled for the wrong day, there was no charger or key fobs included, & no instruction on anything. Lack luster help while picking it up too. The guy I was initially working with left mid delivery without notice, and I ended up working with someone else after waiting around for a while. Anyway, you guys have been a huge help here. I've been around since page 60 in this thread and love seeing all the updates. Here are some pictures of the car & the defects for those still waiting.

If anybody knows what is causing that constant high pitched noise, please let me know!

Attachments

• exterior.jpg
    exterior.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 134
  • diffuserscuff.jpg
    diffuserscuff.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 96
  • mirrorpaint.jpg
    mirrorpaint.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 95
  • scratch1.jpg
    scratch1.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 95
Picked up my car yesterday. The delivery center must be pretty under staffed or over worked because it took almost 2 hours to get in and out. Anyway, minor scratches & some paint defects all getting taken care of with a service appointment. Alignment, panel gaps, seals, glass, seats, all the major stuff looked great. However, there's a constant high pitched whine coming form under the front of the car while parked. At first I though it was trying to cool the batteries down after driving home, but it was constant for 4 hours until going to bed. It was gone this morning, but came back and has been on and off all day without having driven anywhere. I thought maybe my phone was waking the car up when I approached, but that's not it either. Does anybody know what that noise is? Google was not any help.

The entire delivery process left a lot to be desired. 2 day notice for the pickup & really poor communication throughout. They had me scheduled for the wrong day, there was no charger or key fobs included, & no instruction on anything. Lack luster help while picking it up too. The guy I was initially working with left mid delivery without notice, and I ended up working with someone else after waiting around for a while. Anyway, you guys have been a huge help here. I've been around since page 60 in this thread and love seeing all the updates. Here are some pictures of the car & the defects for those still waiting.

If anybody knows what is causing that constant high pitched noise, please let me know!
Congratulations! I have the same color (red / white) on order with LR / 6 seats / default wheels.

Original order date was 4/8/21
Remove FSD - Order date updated to around June 2022 when I updated that.

"Order Date" changed to 3/23/21 ! yes, went back in time. Don't know how, when I changed color to Red from Blue a couple of weeks ago.

EDD was Oct 13 - Dec 8 and updated this morning to Oct 3 - November 16.

Thanks! The best way we can use this to help others is to put it into the spreadsheet. Are you willing to share your config details (lr\plaid, ext\int color, seats, wheel size, fsd or not), order date and VIN date (if you know it)?
I'm not sure it would be representative. We ordered back in October, but it was a LR. They called a few weeks ago offering a Plaid before the end of the quarter and we took the deal. It would be winter at least before we would have taken delivery on our normal LR trajectory.

Do you know the VIN (minus the last 3 digits)? That will give some idea of when the car was built, and whether it was rejected. FWIW my EDD went from Oct\Nov to 3 days from now. I think the car was not rejected, but more likely the person it was scheduled for ended up cancelling or couldn't get financing.

When did you order?
VIN is 7SAXCDE57NF356xxx ordered 4/15/21.

Exciting your delivery is so soon!!