Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of weeks in… no major issues and happy with the car. I fixed a bunch of scuffs and otherwise things are good. One issue though is it seems pretty noisy in the cabin, esp at higher speeds. Feels like I’m “on the road” and not quieter than my 2018. I don’t have rattles or vibrations though. I’m not really sure if there’s a fix for this. We also have a Volvo SUV and it’s much quieter inside which is what made it more stark for me. Is there anything that can be done for that? It mostly comes from the driver and passenger door area. You can really just hear the road and feel the wind is how I’d describe it, more so than you’d expect.

A couple of weeks in… no major issues and happy with the car. I fixed a bunch of scuffs and otherwise things are good. One issue though is it seems pretty noisy in the cabin, esp at higher speeds. Feels like I’m “on the road” and not quieter than my 2018. I don’t have rattles or vibrations though. I’m not really sure if there’s a fix for this. We also have a Volvo SUV and it’s much quieter inside which is what made it more stark for me. Is there anything that can be done for that? It mostly comes from the driver and passenger door area. You can really just hear the road and feel the wind is how I’d describe it, more so than you’d expect.
That is very strange. My new X is vastly quieter than my 2018. I wonder if some of the sound deadening materials were left out. I have no idea how to check that out. Is it wind, or road surface noise? The automatic noise cancelation feature is somewhat effective against road surface noise, although I found it is not highly useful.

Any hope I still get my MX before end of quarter? It seems like the Dec - April range is more of a place holder.
  • Today (Sept 5) | December 2022 - April 2023
I believe the Dec-April EDD is a default placeholder. It has been pretty common that people have their EDD bumped out to that for a day or two before getting pulled back in, and generally get a VIN shortly after. I would expect June '21 orders to get their cars this quarter, but definitely not a guarantee. FWIW I'm a late May '21 order and got our car less than two weeks ago. Lots of WA orders have been getting their cars the last couple weeks.

Anyone with rear facing car seats have a solution for a back seat mirror to see the kids? I have a typical one that straps to the headrest but because the seat+headrest on the 6 seater is one solid piece I don't think there is a secure way to attach it.
I had one on and kid popped it off in about 1 min (she's 3) so decided since she's only 2 lbs from 40 to face front I'll go w out it for now.

Anyone with rear facing car seats have a solution for a back seat mirror to see the kids? I have a typical one that straps to the headrest but because the seat+headrest on the 6 seater is one solid piece I don't think there is a secure way to attach it.
Tried a couple on my 18 and eventually gave up. None fit securely. Figured the chance of that thing flying off, certainly in a crash, was a bigger risk than just flipping the seat around.

Today, for the first time ever, my EDD window actually moved up. 😂 Sept 14–20 now. I'm starting to believe it's really happening!
I'm starting to drool. I too ordered my X in February 2021 and just checked by EDD. Still October 19-Nov 30. I visited our nearby Tesla Store a couple days ago and saw an X outside. They said it is awaiting delivery to a long-suffering and patient soul. I was under the apparently false thought that they do an X run every so many months because they may have to use the same lines as the 3 and Y when they do a run of the S or X models. Such is the life of a guy without a clue. But now I have hope of my EDD also being moved earlier.

This past couple weeks, my EDD keeps getting pushed just a couple days at a time as I approach it… idk if that’s any good but it’s at least all staying within this month.
Delivery for Portland
4575DBD1-3A95-4078-8CD1-5A5B75843DB8.jpeg
A6F8755A-635B-4D28-8E77-9479A3CA3604.jpeg
8B1D997A-FAA1-41BC-A166-949FF93466A8.jpeg
01157EFB-2FDC-49D0-8F5B-14FB034C3E70.jpeg