Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to keep my post relatively short and sweet. I picked up the X today and it was nearly perfect. Attached are a few pics. The yoke is going to take some getting used to. I really think a regular steering wheel should have at least been an option. Horn is still a small button and not the middle of the yoke yet. No matrix lights, but screen does tilt.

Attachments

• IMG_2271 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2271 - Copy.JPG
    596.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2270 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2270 - Copy.JPG
    598.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2265 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2265 - Copy.JPG
    607.5 KB · Views: 108
Funny you should mention this... I've been in contact with 3d Maxpider for the last couple of months and this morning they confirmed that they have a limited selection available at Teslarati (https://shop.teslarati.com/products/tesla-model-x-custom-fit-floor-mats-3d-maxpider) and they will have wide availability "in 3 months or less." Interestingly, for the 6-seater full set is $536.57, but if you buy the "All Rows," "Rear Trunk," and "Frunk" mats separately, they total $525.57.

I'm tempted to order a set now, but my Model X's delivery window is September 17 - October 22 and no VIN yet.
I just IM chatted with 3Dmax this week and they said mats are about 4months away from availability. Thanks for this recommendation I just ordered the interior ones from them, hopefully they fit nicely.

Reactions: timberlights
I asked my SA if I should switch from MdR to LB and he said no. Following to see if the switching pays off. I’m a June 2021 order and EDD pushed to Oct 4 - Nov 15 a month ago from Aug - Sept.
You would think that those two places being a little under 25 miles apart would make no difference. But then again, there may be more logistical issues (LB being new, can't handle as many deliveries as MdR, etc).

Reactions: Houpty
I’m checking the app everyday to see if my EDD changed. I’m almost afraid to check it because I don’t want it to be pushed back anymore.

5/7/21 order. 7 seater LR white/white. Current EDD is 8/21-10/26. Need it delivered by end of November otherwise I lose my locked in auto loan rate.

Reactions: TJPDX
You would think that those two places being a little under 25 miles apart would make no difference. But then again, there may be more logistical issues (LB being new, can't handle as many deliveries as MdR, etc).
I stopped by Tesla LB few days after their grand opening and one of the SA checked on my RN told me that my delivery location has already changed to LB from BP without my request. I talked to couple SAs at Tesla LB and they said expecting high volumes of cars in the EoQ. There were about 5 SA in my first visit and about 8 SA on my 2nd visit a week later. They are all seems experienced SA except 1 in training. Not sure about this quarter, but it would pick up new delivery traffic next quarter for sure because it has a fair large lot.

That is some BS, considering I already have both...
So then I have to buy one and try to resell it to recoup the value at all?
Remember there will not be one with the new car. Most people to want to carry something around to plug in, even if they never use it. I have a bunch of cables and adapters, most made up by me. But they all ultimately require a mobile connector to be useful. I use some of therm, maybe once or twice per year.