Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did any Europe buyer get some update? Thanks.
Yes, they called me to check if I still want the car.
I said, yes. Send the invoice, I pay and will pick up the car tomorrow. This was a bit to fast for them ;-)
But a delivery in December is verly likely.

Maybe this is the reason why some of you see later delivery dates in the US now. They produce for Europe and put them on a ship beginning of November.
Then, your cars are produced.

But for now, only Plaid orders are planned in Europe. No calls for LR X or S.

Reactions: Hebert and snappy1
I said, yes. Send the invoice, I pay and will pick up the car tomorrow. This was a bit to fast for them ;-)

Maybe this is the reason why some of you see later delivery dates in the US now. They produce for Europe and put them on a ship beginning of November.

Nice! Hope someone lets Bjorn test the Plaid soon after delivery! 🤩

Someone posted a video of a refresh X with the old style chargeport, which I thought was odd, do they not come with the full charge hatch like 3/Y? It is indeed a refresh (yoke, rear screen, front bumper refresh)
159F50C8-5300-4013-910B-A3D148F56C06.jpeg
95EBBB96-EC26-4FB1-BA89-E1B2982F9691.jpeg

Weird
Edit: I looked through some youtube videos, and I’ve seen about a 50/50 mix of old and new charge ports/rear lights. Really strange

Last edited:

Congratulation. I am in Spain. My one is LR X, no chance in 2022.

Someone posted a video of a refresh X with the old style chargeport, which I thought was odd, do they not come with the full charge hatch like 3/Y? It is indeed a refresh (yoke, rear screen, front bumper refresh) View attachment 862467View attachment 862468

Weird
Edit: I looked through some youtube videos, and I’ve seen about a 50/50 mix of old and new charge ports/rear lights. Really strange
wow good to know. I'd prob reject it if it had the old taillights. Prob due to shortage. I can never get my matrix headlights so at least give me my new tail lights

Reactions: ChrisOtt and TJPDX
I know this is a touchy topic, but I’ll ask anyway… after 16 months of waiting, finally got a VIN and pickup date for end of Oct.

However, it’s a ‘22 and I can’t help but feel that this is someone’s rejected vehicle (not to mention getting a ‘22 when the ‘23s are rolling out). Is there a path to getting a ‘23 instead?

(I know Tesla doesn’t do model years but still…)

I know this is a touchy topic, but I’ll ask anyway… after 16 months of waiting, finally got a VIN and pickup date for end of Oct.

However, it’s a ‘22 and I can’t help but feel that this is someone’s rejected vehicle (not to mention getting a ‘22 when the ‘23s are rolling out). Is there a path to getting a ‘23 instead?

If you decline the VIN and ask for 2023, two (among other possible) scenario:
Best - you get assigned a 2023 VIN. Worst - Tesla cancels your order.
What's your risk tolerance?

Reactions: geometro

I let the delivery scheduling for my '22 lapse on Friday, and my order was put on hold. Yesterday afternoon the reservation disappeared. I assume that means it was cancelled. Odd that it disappears instead of showing cancelled.

I didn't need the X and wasn't even sure it'd be the right fit for me. I'm not really bummed considering the market has dropped, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to get my money back out of it. Just sharing my experience. If you're really wanting it and plan to keep it you should either take delivery or get a guarantee that your reservation won't be cancelled.

The only other factor is if you ordered 16 months ago, you have a substantial discount from the current prices. Depending on whether or not you include FSD, it might be $35,000. That was pretty inspirational to me. Ordered in June 2021, I ended up with a new 2022, with FSD, for $99,990. Plus they gave me $80,000 for my 2018 w 50,000 miles on it. That moved it clearly into the No Brainer category! Personally, I’d jump on it with both feet.

My info is 5 months old, but back then I was told that you could place your order on a 30-day hold 1 time and reject 2 VINs before they cancelled your order. Note that if you have a VIN assigned, placing the order on hold counts as one of your rejections. FWIW, I was given a VIN back in February but I wasn't ready (still had lease time on my XC40 Recharge) so I put the order on hold. I ended up accepting the next car.

Reactions: geometro