Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just asking to reschedule but couldn’t get very far with texting the folks. They released my VIN but put my order on “Hold”.

I released the Hold but now don’t have a VIN or EDD. However, I have the bank ready to go and my calendar clear.

Wish this was a better process (I would have been more understanding of the rush if it was EOQ).
You should call the delivery place (option 2 for delivery after main menu should get you to a person) and ask if the car/VIN is still around

If its LR its probably gone but maybe still there if Plaid.

Reactions: geometro
So what does one do after they get a VIN? I got mine late last night but no text or email yet and don’t have anyone who’s been helping me at all. I assume go ahead and work on funding? Insurance quotes? And how do I get Tesla to finally give me updated trade in number on my existing vehicle?
I had a similar experience... stumbled upon my VIN in the app (no text/email).... everything moved very quickly after that (EDD was a week later). I had to scramble to get my loan sorted out then started getting text messages from Tesla, but no phone call from anyone.

I may just be old, but would have preferred to have a point of contact rather than a text thread (I had a conflict come up for my one scheduled day/time, so now I'm back to waiting for a VIN).

So what does one do after they get a VIN? I got mine late last night but no text or email yet and don’t have anyone who’s been helping me at all. I assume go ahead and work on funding? Insurance quotes? And how do I get Tesla to finally give me updated trade in number on my existing vehicle?
I got my VIN on Oct 16th (no notification or anything, just happened to notice it). Then this Monday (10/24) I got a text "it's time to schedule your delivery" and an email. Had to click the link in that to get to a scheduling screen, which gave me 3 days for next week, with hour long time slots between 10am - 4pm (but said the appointment is 15 minutes). After I picked a date, it showed in my Tesla account. Yesterday my account updated with my current pay-off and Tesla's trade-in value for my current car. No MVPA in my documents yet though and not sure I'll look for outside financing given the timing issues I've read about from others on this mega-thread. So now I'm just waiting until Friday to get an updated quote from Carvana, Vroom, etc to see who will give me the most for my current car before likely accepting the financing offer on Tesla's site. Other than the "time to schedule" email & text, I haven't gotten any other communication from Tesla regarding the car since I ordered it in May 2021 (except for the "ready for delivery" emails that went out earlier this summer/fall to make sure people were still interested in their order)

Reactions: cjkosh and Jwalker9
I got my VIN on Oct 16th (no notification or anything, just happened to notice it). Then this Monday (10/24) I got a text "it's time to schedule your delivery" and an email. Had to click the link in that to get to a scheduling screen, which gave me 3 days for next week, with hour long time slots between 10am - 4pm (but said the appointment is 15 minutes). After I picked a date, it showed in my Tesla account. Yesterday my account updated with my current pay-off and Tesla's trade-in value for my current car. No MVPA in my documents yet though and not sure I'll look for outside financing given the timing issues I've read about from others on this mega-thread. So now I'm just waiting until Friday to get an updated quote from Carvana, Vroom, etc to see who will give me the most for my current car before likely accepting the financing offer on Tesla's site. Other than the "time to schedule" email & text, I haven't gotten any other communication from Tesla regarding the car since I ordered it in May 2021 (except for the "ready for delivery" emails that went out earlier this summer/fall to make sure people were still interested in their order)
That’s very helpful, thank you and @geometro for the reply. My EDD just tightened to Nov 3-Nov 12