Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I had my delivery day today and the car is absolutely amazing, even coming from a Raven Model S.

I went through the delivery checklist template in detail, and found issues with the drivers side FWD. The top edge appears to have been too close to the the rear trunk and clearly had touch up paint on both sides. Also on the interior side of the door jam, there were two spots where there was touch up paint applied.

No other issues were found and the service rep assured me that service techs would be able to address the FWD fitment and the touch up paint?!

I eventually accepted, partly because I have waited so long, got a great rate, and the trade in quote for my CRV was expiring and we all know that the recent trade ins have been dropping.

I placed the service request. So the saga continues. But at least I have the car!

Attachments

• 20221029_215543.jpg
    20221029_215543.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 20221029_214458.jpg
    20221029_214458.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 20221029_215425.jpg
    20221029_215425.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 118
I have a ‘22 VIN scheduled delivery this Friday. Fingers crossed. (Not feeling great about the ‘22 VIN, but so tired of waiting and, candidly, some of the challenges with scheduling and lack of flexibility on Tesla’s part that I’m not sure what I can do at this point).
This is a June ‘21 order.

Reactions: cjkosh
Ok so I had my delivery day today and the car is absolutely amazing, even coming from a Raven Model S.

I went through the delivery checklist template in detail, and found issues with the drivers side FWD. The top edge appears to have been too close to the the rear trunk and clearly had touch up paint on both sides. Also on the interior side of the door jam, there were two spots where there was touch up paint applied.

No other issues were found and the service rep assured me that service techs would be able to address the FWD fitment and the touch up paint?!

I eventually accepted, partly because I have waited so long, got a great rate, and the trade in quote for my CRV was expiring and we all know that the recent trade ins have been dropping.

I placed the service request. So the saga continues. But at least I have the car!
I would be pretty disappointed with all that touch up paint. I'm not sure I could accept it.

During My MXLR delivery the main issue was a gap on the driver side FWD. The door work fine, but the gap from the window down look to big. Other Xs on the lot look ok to me.The SA said service may be able adjust it and I could come back on Monday to inspect it before paying.
Has any one had the FWD adjusted? Can they fix it without creating more issues? The gap was not nice looking, but my concern is rain and Wind noise. Any coments will be most appreciated. I put could part of my small finger in it. The SA seemed to agree it needs to be looked at.

I would be pretty disappointed with all that touch up paint. I'm not sure I could accept it.
Yeah I was going back and forth with rejecting the car. The SA assured me that service would be able to buffer and fix the door. Plus my CRV trade in quote was expiring and my offer was thousands over private party sales.

Great car, but having issues like this on a brand new 100k+ car is ridiculous.

Nice! Even the “correct” color like mine! Congrats!

I finally got a VIN for my Model X LR order but I’m not ready to take delivery. Order date was Sep 2021.

Anybody know what is the process for holding your order? I don’t see an option on my account page. I shot out an email to the SA to hold it for 6 months. Thanks.

I finally got a VIN for my Model X LR order but I’m not ready to take delivery. Order date was Sep 2021.

Anybody know what is the process for holding your order? I don’t see an option on my account page. I shot out an email to the SA to hold it for 6 months. Thanks
Warning! Don’t do it, man! They will cancel your order. No more holds on old orders with lower prices. If you want the vehicle, I suggest finding a way to purchase now or you will miss out on this reservation/price book.