Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tried like 5 times to get the key fobs no luck

Honestly thought I'd get fob for my "waiting period model 3" but even though the phone as key is inconvenient (my phone takes 10 seconds (slower with every version update) to start tesla app and it does not run properly in background) I remember how I hated the key fob of my previous car - it's enough for me to constantly ask "where did I put my phone"; I don't need to scramble for a key fob. And I don't want more weight into my already crowded keyring.

Reactions: everydaychris
Not worth worrying. If you miss something when you pick it up you can always bring it up via the app days later.
I picked up a plaid in March that had door alignment issues but strictly cosmetic and fixed quickly. My wife's LR 5 seater we picked up this evening. Originally scheduled 11-10, got a call less than 24 hours before that it would be on hold for firmware. They rescheduled for 11-17 at 10 AM. Got a call at 9 AM saying that the car was hundreds of miles away so a no go for 10:00. Meanwhile I am scrambling to find transportation now twice in a week. Got a call at 2 Pm saying we could still pick it up if we would come after 5. We did and as far as the reduced light could allow us to see, it's flawless. Has a few features that my 2022 does not and looks fabulous in Black. She is coming from a 2018 X and was blown away. As many have said it's worth the wait, but Tesla could have made the wait time better with improved communication..... or transportation compensation when they dropped the ball on promised delivery (twice).

Not worth worrying. If you miss something when you pick it up you can always bring it up via the app days later.
I picked up a plaid in March that had door alignment issues but strictly cosmetic and fixed quickly. My wife's LR 5 seater we picked up this evening. Originally scheduled 11-10, got a call less than 24 hours before that it would be on hold for firmware. They rescheduled for 11-17 at 10 AM. Got a call at 9 AM saying that the car was hundreds of miles away so a no go for 10:00. Meanwhile I am scrambling to find transportation now twice in a week. Got a call at 2 Pm saying we could still pick it up if we would come after 5. We did and as far as the reduced light could allow us to see, it's flawless. Has a few features that my 2022 does not and looks fabulous in Black. She is coming from a 2018 X and was blown away. As many have said it's worth the wait, but Tesla could have made the wait time better with improved communication..... or transportation compensation when they dropped the ball on promised delivery (twice).
But how do you convince them once you picked up the car if there is a paint issue or scratches, as they would most probably blame it on you back right?

Man went out for first night drive and pretty disappointed
These headlights kinda suck haha
I think my model y is brighter
There’s so much glare and the lights don’t seem that bright
And there’s no setting in the menu to adjust the height of the beam like the model y
Might have to do it the old fashioned way
Really miss my triple beam led headlights in the Lexus

Really wish it came with matrix led projectors :(

• Helpful
Reactions: tierneyalvin
And there’s no setting in the menu to adjust the height of the beam like the model y

dang thats disappointing to hear about the headlights. Most people I hear they say the headlights are still pretty good even though they are not matrix led.

Picked up yesterday, they unlocked the car and let me check in/out before accepting the delivery. I was so surprised to see, it had zero issues, panel gaps, paint, exterior and interior are 100% perfect, scheduled for PPF.

MXLR red/black, 6 seater with FSD

Attachments

• Model X 6 seater-2.jpg
    Model X 6 seater-2.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 150
Update on European orders. We were able to identify the ship the X and S Plaids are on. At least mine is on it (delivery window first week of December). All paper work has now arrived for insurance etc after I paid last week. so it is getting real and now seeing that my vin matches with a car on that ship is pretty cool.

Here is the link to the ship and Check for vins

• Informative
Reactions: sandervl
Got the text tor reschedule due to the firmware update. They're anticipate it being resolved by the 16th. New appointment is for the 18th now.
Picked up the car today. Surprisingly no issues with the exterior. Panel gaps and alignment looked solid. A couple of things on the inside(pics attached), but made an appointment for it. I've only driven it 5 miles, so far so good. I was expecting the cabin to be a little quieter but I'm hearing some creaks and rattles. Is the noise canceling on automatically or is it a setting?

Attachments

• IMG_5089.jpg
    IMG_5089.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG-5094.jpg
    IMG-5094.jpg
    905.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG-5087.jpg
    IMG-5087.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG-5086.jpg
    IMG-5086.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: GhostExodus
Picked up the car today. Surprisingly no issues with the exterior. Panel gaps and alignment looked solid. A couple of things on the inside(pics attached), but made an appointment for it. I've only driven it 5 miles, so far so good. I was expecting the cabin to be a little quieter but I'm hearing some creaks and rattles. Is the noise canceling on automatically or is it a setting?
Where in Florida is your delivery location if you don’t mind me asking? I’m still waiting on my delivery to Miami. It was delayed a few days

Picked up car, few scratches passenger car door won’t open: the Tesla guy was saying they are seeing a lot of these now a days said need to change the whole panel and a small dent. Service appointment has been setup, they have a small Tesla3 1:42 size car for the inconvenience. Other than that car is amazing.

Picked up car, few scratches passenger car door won’t open: the Tesla guy was saying they are seeing a lot of these now a days said need to change the whole panel and a small dent. Service appointment has been setup, they have a small Tesla3 1:42 size car for the inconvenience. Other than that car is amazing.
Passenger door won't open seem like an issue they should have caught, since I assumed they at least cleaned it upon arrival.

Passenger door won't open seem like an issue they should have caught, since I assumed they at least cleaned it upon arrival.
It actually happened during orientation. It was working while we were checking the car out. So not sure what triggered it.

I knew that was you. White polo with stripes and shorts?

Agree. Can’t beat the projector laser light on my X5.