Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our brand new MXP also has issues with the FWDs. Both are detecting phantom obstacles at times and won't open all the way. Tesla either had some real issues installing the door sensors or it could be software related. Will be interested to see if an update prior to my service appointment fixes the issues. Love the car otherwise.
Thank you for sharing! Did you find out after accepting delivery already and did they say they will fix it for you or?
Sounds like luxury issues to people in Europe waiting for their S/X order for +735 days now. (I realise also that is a luxury problem)

😂
Hahaha yeah I know what you mean. I hope everybody else receives their car soon!

Anyone has any suggestions or input if I made the right decision to let them fix it or should I look for another VIN? Is the wing sensor issues common like they claimed? I still have my Model Y Performance order open in case I couldn't take delivery of the MX (although I don't have a VIN yet). Should I still proceed with getting the X or? Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you!

Everybody's situation is different, and I can certainly envision your disappointment that the car wasn't perfect on delivery (mine wasn't either). On the other hand they've got the part and a path forward to fixing it, at no expense to you. I wouldn't consider this situation to be a deal-breaker. I think it's great that the service and delivery people are working on this, that's the way it should be.

Good luck!

Bruce.

PS. I don't know if this is helpful, but I had a handful of issues at delivery. They all got fixed during a subsequent service appointment and now almost a year later, they're just a distant memory.

Everybody's situation is different, and I can certainly envision your disappointment that the car wasn't perfect on delivery (mine wasn't either). On the other hand they've got the part and a path forward to fixing it, at no expense to you. I wouldn't consider this situation to be a deal-breaker. I think it's great that the service and delivery people are working on this, that's the way it should be.

Good luck!

Bruce.

PS. I don't know if this is helpful, but I had a handful of issues at delivery. They all got fixed during a subsequent service appointment and now almost a year later, they're just a distant memory.
Thank you sooo much Bruce for your response! I feel even better now thanks to you! It's good to know that I'm not the only one with issues at delivery and I appreciate you for sharing your experience! I will keep you and everyone posted once everything is settled. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Even with no cars on either side, the left wing still failed to go all the way up. It will only go up if we manually hard press the wing (bypassing sensors) but it still positions slightly lower than the right wing at max. After they diagnosed the issue, he told us that one of the sensors on the left wing isn't working and that they have to order the part but it's not available at the moment.
^Just a quick update, the manager called me back today and provided me good news that apparently they didn't even need to replace any sensors and supposedly just needed to calibrate the doors to make it work normally. She said they tried 10 times and everything passed inspection. We don't have time to go pick up the car today but we are scheduled to pick it up tomorrow (she sent us link to Uber us there). Yay! Can't wait to update everyone soon!

Well y’all are lucky! I just got back from trying to pick up my new x and hardware has to be validated by engineers first… it’s beautiful though…

Attachments

• 9A96962B-19BC-4E92-81E2-5344E3A11065.jpeg
    9A96962B-19BC-4E92-81E2-5344E3A11065.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 173
Talked to a Tesla SA today in France. It seemed she did know that HW4 is NOT installed on the Model X on the boat arriving to Rotterdam tomorrow (19/03/2023). I do not know if this information is verified, if it is, what do all think about this ? Is the lack of HW4 a good reason to not accept delivery ? I still do not know if HW4 will be retrocompatible with older models ...

I was thinking maybe trading the X in a year to be sure to get HW4. From what I understand, HW4 equipped car do not have at the moment even basic autopilot, since a software update is needed for the new hardware to work so HW3 might not be all that bad for now after all...

Feel free to comment, would love to have your opinion on this guys.

Talked to a Tesla SA today in France. It seemed she did know that HW4 is NOT installed on the Model X on the boat arriving to Rotterdam tomorrow (19/03/2023). I do not know if this information is verified, if it is, what do all think about this ? Is the lack of HW4 a good reason to not accept delivery ? I still do not know if HW4 will be retrocompatible with older models ...

I was thinking maybe trading the X in a year to be sure to get HW4. From what I understand, HW4 equipped car do not have at the moment even basic autopilot, since a software update is needed for the new hardware to work so HW3 might not be all that bad for now after all...

HW4 is of no benefit at the moment and may even be worse for the time being compared to a Model X with USS and working autopilot. In a year HW4 should be better.

“The boat” with Tesla’s on it is heading for Zeebrugge and not Rotterdam…

Several European people, confirming their VIN recently, with a car on the Hoegh Osaka, all reported they had to acknowledge in their Tesla account having new hardware.

Reactions: suzu and lsds
Can any of the EU MX delivery owners confirm if they received at least one Key Fob on delivery? Or if they were informed there will be a purchase option in future(no key fob purchase option on the EU Tesla shop unlike the US).
I have been looking forward to the key fob for a while, especially as the training videos still reference it!! 🤞

Long time lurker but finally took delivery of a MXP today. 2/28 build with VIN 388xxx. The cameras do look upgraded and so far no major issues. Fit and finish can always be better but I’m upgrading from a M3P so I guess I know what I’m expecting from Tesla.

One question for those with a 6-seat configuration, when I press easy entry on the second row seats, they both make this click/ pop sound when they move back up from the forward + reclined position. Doesn’t stop the motion or get stuck, but I just find it weird because using the normal seat adjustment (not the easy entry button), both seats run relatively quiet. Is this normal?

These forums/ community have been a great source of info. Thanks!

“The boat” with Tesla’s on it is heading for Zeebrugge and not Rotterdam…

Several European people, confirming their VIN recently, with a car on the Hoegh Osaka, all reported they had to acknowledge in their Tesla account having new hardware.
No need to sound condescending, was just asking for help to take my decision.
As for the "boat", english is not my first language and should have probably used "cargo", once again, no need to be condescending.

And lastly, you will find attached a screenshot (hoeghautoliners.com) saying that my Model X will be discharged at Rotterdam but it's true that the cargo is headed to Zeebrugge.

1679213524755.png

Reactions: preilly44
Can any of the EU MX delivery owners confirm if they received at least one Key Fob on delivery? Or if they were informed there will be a purchase option in future(no key fob purchase option on the EU Tesla shop unlike the US).
I have been looking forward to the key fob for a while, especially as the training videos still reference it!! 🤞
my service center in switzerland told me that no key fob will be part of the delivery and that they don't know if there will be key fobs in the future.... ;( I was also looking forward to having a key fob instead of always having to use the app.

Reactions: lsds
anyone with a reservation number RN1151...(14.June 2021) on here who has received a VIN yet ? First expected my car to be on HOEGH OSLO, but that came and went and now I have my eyes on HOEGH OSAKA. delivery center told me that delivery would be "end of march" - which is approaching quickly but still no VIN number yet....

anyone with a reservation number RN1151...(14.June 2021) on here who has received a VIN yet ? First expected my car to be on HOEGH OSLO, but that came and went and now I have my eyes on HOEGH OSAKA. delivery center told me that delivery would be "end of march" - which is approaching quickly but still no VIN number yet....
RN 1152 here (July 2021), received a VIN last thursday.What is your config ? I have a MX LR 6 Seater. My car is on Hoegh OSAKA. Try to see is you have a hidden VIN on your reservation page (check the source code of the page for "7SA").

Reactions: lsds
No need to sound condescending, was just asking for help to take my decision.
As for the "boat", english is not my first language and should have probably used "cargo", once again, no need to be condescending.

And lastly, you will find attached a screenshot (hoeghautoliners.com) saying that my Model X will be discharged at Rotterdam but it's true that the cargo is headed to Zeebrugge.

View attachment 919016
Hi, didn’t meant to sound condescending at all, especially not to you. Just hinting that Tesla SA’s often seem to know less than what’s discussed here. No judgement what so ever on the use of “boat”. I ‘m not native English either, so wouldn’t dare to comment on language use 😉

RN 1152 here (July 2021), received a VIN last thursday.What is your config ? I have a MX LR 6 Seater. My car is on Hoegh OSAKA. Try to see is you have a hidden VIN on your reservation page (check the source code of the page for "7SA").
my config is White LR, 5 Seats, black interior. Looking trough the source code of my account page only finds "7SA" in a very long text string. There is no VIN number as far as i can tell....