Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wheel search does not work but other filters seem work. There are a number of them and one in red:

That car can only be registered in California. How interesting and I wonder why.

Is this all just to announce that no MS & MX refresh RHD for UK?

But to what end? Forever? This year? A couple of years? They are phasing out S/X all together? Difficult to comprehend how is it so inefficient to manufacture that they would forego it if there is a future for the car. Or is it so overpriced that there is not enough RHD demand?

The most sensible solution would be to ensure the S and X are suitable for mass production (casting and whatnot) to lower the price point after the fact and manufacture them in all factories. These would definitely take the competition out of business at a price point in the $70k range (in order to be profitabel the technology should be robust and all shudder issues resolved).

Last edited:
But to what end? Forever? This year? A couple of years? They are phasing out S/X all together? Difficult to comprehend how is it so inefficient to manufacture that they would forego it if there is a future for the car. Or is it so overpriced that there is not enough RHD demand?

The most sensible solution would be to ensure the S and X are suitable for mass production (casting and whatnot) to lower the price point after the fact and manufacture them in all factories. These would definitely take the competition out of business at a price point in the $70k range (in order to be profitabel the technology should be robust and all shudder issues resolved).
I am sure they can find a logical solution if they bother to actually listen to the consumer. But as always is the approach of “leave it to us- we know best”!
Recent times, whether this was cancelling the plaid plus or the lack of any acknowledgement of the delays when people were waiting almost 3 yrs for the MS/MC…in india for example, there are people who put down legit bookings on a model 3 in 2016 which never materialised and refunds is a different story…

About the RHD situation for Model S/X, I'd like to see the impact of each country affected.

UK legally allowed, but a bad choice for Tesla because nobody wants it?
JP legally allowed, some consumers actually prefer the LHD, but some do not.
NZ legally not allowed, so no sale
AU?
HK?

So here in Japan, some people on social media mentioned canceling the order, but some kept one, including myself.

About the RHD situation for Model S/X, I'd like to see the impact of each country affected.

UK legally allowed, but a bad choice for Tesla because nobody wants it?
JP legally allowed, some consumers actually prefer the LHD, but some do not.
NZ legally not allowed, so no sale
AU?
HK?

So here in Japan, some people on social media mentioned canceling the order, but some kept one, including myself.

Maybe Tesla can implement something like this? /s

Last edited:
Just ordered a MXP Black with Yoke. Estimate delivery still says May2023. Financing secured and trade in priced up. I’m guessing from what I’m reading that “May2023” is probably just a selling tactic to get more orders and I won’t get my car this month. Financing is good through middle of June so who knows
Ordered May 14th and received VIN today May 18th, for delivery first week of June.
MX - MSM - 7 Seater - Black Interior

I'm curious why they don't ship you directly from the inventory?
lol idk if Tesla maybe does monitor this forum for ideas but lookie what showed up in my app today
IMG_8204.jpeg

Glad to share that I called the Fremont factory and got matched to a VIN that has my exact specs (MXP, white, white interior, 22”, and yoke). Only downside is that it was on a transport truck heading to Sacramento. I will gladly take the drive this Sunday just to take delivery.

Coming from a 2020 performance, I can’t wait to see what the refresh has to offer!

Glad to share that I called the Fremont factory and got matched to a VIN that has my exact specs (MXP, white, white interior, 22”, and yoke). Only downside is that it was on a transport truck heading to Sacramento. I will gladly take the drive this Sunday just to take delivery.

Coming from a 2020 performance, I can’t wait to see what the refresh has to offer!

Congrats on the new X!

We have a ‘20 X (Raven) and a ‘21 S (Refresh) … and I’ve got to tell you …. This might be a very contrarian view, but I’m of very mixed feeling about the refresh. There’s a part of me that actually likes the older style better. Not to beat a dead horse, but I don’t like the controls on the refresh as much. I also kinda prefer the vertical display, and miss the configurability of the instrument panel. I definitely understand the refresh is a “better” car under the hood, but were it not for Tesla’s obvious effort to put the older architecture out to pasture, I’m starting to think I should’ve saved myself a bunch of money and just picked up a Raven S instead of the Refresh.

I truly hope you find it a huge leap forward and absolutely love it. Would be curious to hear your thoughts once you get it and drive it for a bit!!