Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla can’t deliver, at some point, I’m going to ditch this whole sham and spend my $100k on a BMW or Mercedes. These are tested brands with massive customer loyalty. Elon and Co have a pretty narrow window to make this work.
You’re obviously new. Both here and to Tesla. First, everyone is free to go buy whatever they want. But for many of us, BMW and Mercedes are not options because they either have poor EV options or none at all. I’ll wait for my X, and there’s not a chance in hell I’m gonna visit one of those dealerships as an alternative to waiting. Second, Tesla sells every car they can make (and apparently quite a few they can’t). They’ll be fine.

Maybe I should make a new thread for this, but I read that one of the drawbacks of the falcon wing doors is that when they are in the motion of opening, they block the driver/front passenger from comfortably exiting.

so… has anybody had any success with installing scissor/Lambo style hinges on prior Model X’s? Or better yet, dihedral hinges?

I wish Elon would have included something like that. It’s an obvious pairing with the falcon wing doors.

edit: I’m serious-if I make any mods to my X (still October 🤞🏻) it’ll be this.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark and Vitaman
You’re obviously new. Both here and to Tesla. First, everyone is free to go buy whatever they want. But for many of us, BMW and Mercedes are not options because they either have poor EV options or none at all. I’ll wait for my X, and there’s not a chance in hell I’m gonna visit one of those dealerships as an alternative to waiting. Second, Tesla sells every car they can make (and apparently quite a few they can’t). They’ll be fine.
Totally agree. This is my Apple argument. Apple makes the best mobile devices hands down. Better to put up with their shenanigans (lightning connector, limited supply, cost, etc) rather than talking your self into an inferior competitor’s device.

Yep. I’ve looked at the etron multiple times, next week I’ll have to start driving my wife/picking her up from work everyday.
I looked at the Range Rover knockoff err Rivian, but it’s all vaporware. Even with an EPA rating.
Mass production is hard.
Plus it’s not a Tesla k thx bie
Edit: Ok to be fair etron isn’t vaporware (but it was better when it was 😄).

Reactions: Vitaman
Maybe I should make a new thread for this, but I read that one of the drawbacks of the falcon wing doors is that when they are in the motion of opening, they block the driver/front passenger from comfortably exiting.

so… has anybody had any success with installing scissor/Lambo style hinges on prior Model X’s? Or better yet, dihedral hinges?

I wish Elon would have included something like that. It’s an obvious pairing with the falcon wing doors.

edit: I’m serious-if I make any mods to my X (still October 🤞🏻) it’ll be this.
Not necessarily true. It looks awkward but I never had a problem with my 2020 Model X LR.

Saw this on a Tesla fan boy YouTube, spotted in San Diego

Attachments

• 612E05FA-FDDE-4C6C-AB29-E9DE4BF95551.png
    612E05FA-FDDE-4C6C-AB29-E9DE4BF95551.png
    540.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 5B4A13CD-0E90-4BC8-9FA1-15AEBC15248B.png
    5B4A13CD-0E90-4BC8-9FA1-15AEBC15248B.png
    470.7 KB · Views: 76
I looked at the Range Rover knockoff err Rivian, but it’s all vaporware. Even with an EPA rating.
Mass production is hard.
Having been in a Rivian, I can guarantee you it's not vaporware. Definitely a competitor. I would have reserved one had I known Tesla would discontinue the MX for a year+.

Having been in a Rivian, I can guarantee you it's not vaporware. Definitely a competitor. I would have reserved one had I known Tesla would discontinue the MX for a year+.
How many Rivians will they make this year? Its not vaporware in terms of the fact that it exists. But Rivian is about to go thru production hell. Lets see how they scale up to building thousands of trucks and then figuring out delivery plus dealing with investor expecations.

Update to studioloft's sheet after first 69* cars:
Added Region. Looks like the further from Fremont the better. (Apologies if someone already pointed this out!)

Very interesting!! I love this set of data you compiled. A total of 74 entries now.
Also interesting that orders seemed to decrease after the first $5,000 price increase in early July - only 7 additional orders since then.

I really want these to at least hit showrooms— I’m not sure that my wife will like the yoke and it will be her car.
No new info in my account.

I had the same thought before I placed my X order and joined this thread.. They are in such high demand my local showroom was empty! Not even a test car to drive. They said they expected a single Model 3 and single Model Y in September which I assume is there now but at the time when I inquired (early July) they said they would not get a refreshed S in the immediate future. That could have changed now but with pending orders in the queue they will likely prioritize those first.
How crazy is that... they almost don't even need a showroom as they sell stock faster than they can make it.

Mass production is hard.
They are building vehicles as we speak. Something Tesla can’t say about the Model X.