Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks just got home and I just upload a video. As you can probably tell I am more of an old school so online sharing is new to me. The video has vin so hopefully that answers some ppl questions. I think more deliveries are coming so hopefully all of you can get it very soon.

Have a nice weekend
Congrats to the new car. I am happy that my prediction is wrong.

It's funny... All I want to do is ask questions of @sunnyvaletree ... But I realized that he's no longer waiting.

It's like standing behind the velvet rope, trying to get into an exclusive club for an hour. Once you get in... You're too busy enjoying the club to think about the poor sad saps still waiting out front.

Enjoy your Unicorn, Sir. We will see you on the other side.

when someone know this please let me know, does the refresh x deliver with the sun shade accessory for the windshield?
Adding to this I have a few on my list as well...
  • I noticed in the Meet Your Tesla video they said if you have the break applied and unbuckle your seatbelt the car automatically shifts to park. Is that new? I'm pretty sure my 2017 X didn't do that..?
  • Any insight on the plastic caps on the new 22" wheels? Or any official analysis from Tesla? I have seen Xs on this forum and in Tesla documentation both with and without the plastic outer caps on the wheels. I thought it was interesting in the Meet Your Tesla video that when they showed the X in motion the wheels looked just like the 20" wheels as in motion it creates a solid stripe look or looks like the tire is roughly 2" smaller.
  • Any confirmation on the X trailer hitch? I know they say it is standard but from the photos I have seen I don't see where it's hidden. Maybe it is just hidden really clever. Looking forward to the official manual :)

Adding to this I have a few on my list as well...
  • I noticed in the Meet Your Tesla video they said if you have the break applied and unbuckle your seatbelt the car automatically shifts to park. Is that new? I'm pretty sure my 2017 X didn't do that..?
  • Any insight on the plastic caps on the new 22" wheels? Or any official analysis from Tesla? I have seen Xs on this forum and in Tesla documentation both with and without the plastic outer caps on the wheels. I thought it was interesting in the Meet Your Tesla video that when they showed the X in motion the wheels looked just like the 20" wheels as in motion it creates a solid stripe look or looks like the tire is roughly 2" smaller.
  • Any confirmation on the X trailer hitch? I know they say it is standard but from the photos I have seen I don't see where it's hidden. Maybe it is just hidden really clever. Looking forward to the official manual :)
agree. the trailer hitch im pretty sure has a clever cover :)

I wonder how @sunnyvaletree managed to get a first 5 delivery slot with an order date of Feb 27? I would have thought there would be earlier res holders in the Bay Area with the same configuration, even pre refresh reservations.
No, they already beat the hell out of him yesterday. Let's just let him have his happy today.

I wonder how @sunnyvaletree managed to get a first 5 delivery slot with an order date of Feb 27? I would have thought there would be earlier res holders in the Bay Area with the same configuration, even pre refresh reservations.
Could be his location along with the right configuration (white exterior, 6 seater, etc) as he was informed about the pick up a few days beforehand?

Am I the only one that is super annoyed by the fact that every piece of trim is blacked out including the Tesla on the back lift gate but they didn’t black out the Tesla T on the lift gate or the front of the car?!? Makes no sense!!!
I like the chrome "T". I wish the TESLA letters along the back were chrome so they stand out. But mine will be MSM so the chrome T will not blend in like a black T would.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and TJPDX
Interesting. At one point they changed from red to black on the website and stayed black since then, even in the configurator. My understanding is that the MS Plaid that’s been delivered is black too?
If I am not mistaken, Brembo supplies all brakes for Tesla but they are NOT what I would call racing carbon ceramic brakes that you would find on Ferraris. Same supplier, completely different specs.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I still think the 22s look better but those 20s I think are the best looking standard Tesla wheel.
Ride quality is head and shoulders better with 20" - Our 2016 MX that we just got a couple of months ago is a rough ride.

The car is the best car I've ever owned, but I'm looking forward to those new black 20" standard wheels.