Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should look into DCU (digital credit union). They give extra discounts for EV's, and with these discounts can be as low as 1.49% over 65 mos. You can even get a quote from DCU, and email it to Tesla to get them to match the rate. Also, it takes a few days to set up your deposit account before applying for the auto loan, so give yourself some time to do this, rather than waiting until the last min.
Tesla has stopped rate matching so it won't work anymore. So either go with Tesla's higher rate or go through third party. DCU does have good rate though.

Last edited:
Is there something specific you have to do to get the deal? or do you just simply apply having good credit? and did you have to have an active account with them?
Correct. i signed up for an account that i think has like $5 in it, and i use that as my middle man account to xfer funds from my main bank to it, then pay the loan with that new franklin mint account. just good credit, nothing special.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Can anyone else weigh in on financing? Who has applied through Tesla in the recent past? What are the rates? How long do they guarantee the rate?
I did when they had us all refresh them recently. Got 2.49% which is infuriating because my rate from Feb was 2.14%. They said that 2.49% is the absolute bottom floor now. I’ll look for 3P lenders once I get a VIN assigned.

Hi. Long time watching and first time poster. I also got the "famous call" two days ago and took the 6 seater over the 5 seater. I reserved in July 2021 and I am in south Florida. My original order was MXLR black/cream 20in 5 seater. After the call , it took only 5 minutes to get the email with the updated 6 seater. The guy that called told me the car will come in by the end of 2021. I push the financing 2 weeks ago thru Tesla and got BMO Harris at 2.49% 72 month. I am also giving putting down at delivery 50% of the car value so maybe that is why I was called, not sure. NOTE- if you already had financing in place, the extra 6.5 K for the 6 seater is part of the down at delivery and not financed.
We also already own a MYLR delivered June 2021 and loved it so much that im selling my Rover( loves gas) for the MX once it has a date. Once I hear anything else, will update. Thank you for all that post with great info.
You got that updated documents fast (mine took more than a week)... Can you tell me if your new order agreement date is 10/21/21 and not your original July date? Just checking that this is the way everybody is getting the updated documents. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-164316_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211021-164316_Chrome.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 61