Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tech_Guy

ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade
May 6, 2016
Los Angeles
Picked up my new MC Red P90D on Tuesday and took it directly to Elevated Auto Concepts in Pasadena. We went over what I wanted and left them to work there magic. I requested full 3M Paint Protective Film, all chrome blacked out, 3M Crystalline window tint 40% on the sides and back and some special red accents to push it over the top!!

Heres some teaser shots they took earlier... hope to take some better ones in the next few days!!

IMG_5206.JPG
IMG_5207.JPG

Looks good so far, but the front plate has got to go ... :cool:
I definitely would like to do that, however Ive gotten pulled over in the past for front no plate and would rather not give them an excuse to pull me over and since the car is red I'm sure it would be noticed :rolleyes: maybe its time to move hahahah

I totally agree the factory should offer a chrome delete option!!

THANKS ERIK,
Some of it was painted and some of it was wrapped, I let them make that call from there past experience as far as what needed paint and what could be wrapped, for example they painted the chrome below the side mirrors and on the rear appliqué and emblems. The trim around the windows and at the front below the frunk was wrapped... no plasti dip involved in this project!

THANKS ERIK,
Some of it was painted and some of it was wrapped, I let them make that call from there past experience as far as what needed paint and what could be wrapped, for example they painted the chrome below the side mirrors and on the rear appliqué and emblems. The trim around the windows and at the front below the frunk was wrapped... no plasti dip involved in this project!

Ah, Good to know. I had my chrome delete done on my refreshed S and they wrapped everything on the sides and plasti-dipped the front/back. I wasn't happy with it, it was very rough and over spray, so I opted for another company to remove the plast-dip and professionally paint the pieces matte black, basically what you had done. I just wish I had done that from the start.

Thanks Erik

No Problem, Sorry to hear you had to deal with all that!!

The guys at Elevated Auto Concepts definitely knew what they were doing, from there past experience with Teslas they pointed out that the folding mirrors would pull the wrap off so they wanted to paint them. I gave them permission to paint anything else they felt needed to be painted, I believe the front T is painted red as well, I know they painted most or all of the rear stuff. Ill have to ask though exactly what was painted and what was wrapped... According to 3m's website they are one of three 3m Certified & Preferred installers of the ScotchGuard Pro PPF in the Los Angeles area!

Also had them Powder Coat the 19" slipstream wheels satin black for now, I plan to get some 20" wheels in the future possibly those carbon fiber rims that are being discussed in another thread!!

Reactions: DÆrik
Yep right out of hell, order finalized on Friday the 13 and finished production on 6/6/16 :cool:

Ive already ordered a custom plate I think its locked in but ill wait to post it until I've received them in a few months.
I do plan to keep the factory plates on it as long as possible but my car is quite unique hopefully they don't get to know me better any time soon :rolleyes:... Especially when the speedo turns RED

Yep right out of hell, order finalized on Friday the 13 and finished production on 6/6/16 :cool:

Ive already ordered a custom plate I think its locked in but ill wait to post it until I've received them in a few months.
I do plan to keep the factory plates on it as long as possible but my car is quite unique hopefully they don't get to know me better any time soon :rolleyes:... Especially when the speedo turns RED

Too funny, I cant wait to see the plate. Oh gawd, you are asking for trouble, :eek: I just noticed the P90DL

Yea its Ludicrous thats for sure, using the powertools app I think my car pulls the most KW on the forum currently, I'm getting 511KW when I floor it vs the older P90DL getting 456KW, seems like these aren't just refreshed front ends on these cars also new battery packs that produce more power :D

Yea its Ludicrous thats for sure, using the powertools app I think my car pulls the most KW on the forum currently, I'm getting 511KW when I floor it vs the older P90DL getting 456KW, seems like these aren't just refreshed front ends on these cars also new battery packs that produce more power :D

That'll be me flashing my LEDs as I pass by, while CHP is flashing its baby blues on you!

• Funny
Reactions: Tech_Guy
The cars look bada$$. Don't mean to be a buzzkill, but I was planning to wrap my new Model S as well, and I was told by the Tesla Tech Dept, that they do not recommend wrapping cars with the Autopilot enabled. The wrap can interfere with the short-range sensors of the Autopilot and parking assist. Looks like you have wrapped the front trim under the frunk and that's where the sensors are. So let us know how the Autopilot works with the wrap.