Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model 3 imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's two problems with the above on both USS and FSD.
And your answer is "auto wipers". We don't have a contract which states in detail how well either Vision USS or FSD will work. We might well soon get Vision based USS, but that doesn't mean it'll be any good. Tesla will have done their bit, but there'll be no suing them. Same with FSD over here.

Tesla have failed to deliver on FSD what they promised in black and white.

They promised driving on city streets by end of 2019. We still do not have it. They other iirc two things they promised by end of 2019, cannot remember when they did deliver, may also fall foul of the next bit.

Also goods must also be 'of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described'. That's not for us or Tesla to say one way or another. But I don't think that cost or reasonable expectations do Tesla any favours.

My concern is 'future promise'. That certainly was a potential gotcha in the past, but legislation has changed since then. But Tesla's CEO analysis of their then current, and recurring state of play along with certain staged videos probably will also do Tesla no favours either.

As for USS. 'satisfactory quality, fit for purpose' will ultimately come into play. EAP/FSD's auto park may well be the weakest link there. Along with any loss of reputation.

I don't think they'll add in much to any more customisation. It messes with their whole approach of just building lots of cars and matching them to people. When you have lots of different combinations you move to a custom order system like most manufacturers have had. If you look though at companies like Mercedes / BMW the number of options seem to be getting cut down and moving more to packs of options. I suspect they see the advantages of the Tesla way and are looking to simplify their process.

So from what I've seen when you are stopped with brake pressed it'll appear so then you just swipe on the screen vs using a stick to change. I don't think this is too bad. You are right you wouldn't use the auto direction select here, you can just pick yourself. I believe you can turn off the auto direction select which I suspect I would do, I just don't like that idea to be honest.

It's really the indicators on the wheel that puts me off. Over time you might get used to it and be able to handle it but I don't think could ever say it's better than the solution we had before of just having it on a stalk that doesn't move with the wheel. This didn't need re-inventing. I think the only reason they've done it is they don't make the stalk and buy it in from Mercedes so just less parts to the car overall.
The old pre-refresh S and X used Mercedes parts, none of the current models do. It is one less part, which is logic enough in Musks manufacturing methodology.