Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the 40-50mph vibe yesterday.
Think it could be felt to 55mph.

It was very obvious and could be felt in both the yoke and the accelerator pedal.

I’m very sure it did not make this before, also ut is the same kind of vibration that I can hear when starting a drive where the car was parked for longer than an a few hours.
“Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends….” - ELP

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne and AAKEE
Oh yeah, I will … first thing is a quarter mile drag race with my bikes! 🏍️🏁🚗
Funny, that is what I've done with all my Teslas. I have one of my sons drive the Teslas and I'll run a few of the bikes against them.

On the street, my turbo 'Busa and H2 are much harder to launch than the Plaid so it will gap me at the launch. By 80 mph they will run away from the Plaid. I made the mistake of letting one of them try one of the bikes from a roll on against the Plaid. He grabbed a handful of throttle on the H2 and thankfully I still had the traction control on but the bike still almost went vertical before it stopped rotating. His eyes were still like saucers when we pulled over to the side of the road and debriefed.

That is what I love about the Plaid, it is just punch it and go, and it goes like hell; every time! The only other bike I have that is that consistent, but much slower is my HD LiveWire. It launches like a Tesla but they limit the top speed to 115 so that really limits it in the 1/4.

I am still impressed how quick the Plaid is and how easy it is to access the performance of it. It is the performance bargain of the decade in my book especially when you add the track pack brakes.

I got the 40-50mph vibe yesterday.
Think it could be felt to 55mph.

It was very obvious and could be felt in both the yoke and the accelerator pedal.

I’m very sure it did not make this before, also ut is the same kind of vibration that I can hear when starting a drive where the car was parked for longer than an a few hours.
That’s the one. The parked-for-a-few-hours vibration that affects 2022+ cars I have but I did confirm on my car I feel that around 25-30mph only. That goes away after a few mins but it does feel the same as the 40-50mph vibration, so that lends credence to the idea that this could all be solved in a firmware update.

For me the main vibration I can feel between 37-52mph or thereabouts.

Anyway, welcome to the party! 😅

Reactions: jebinc and AAKEE
That’s the one. The parked-for-a-few-hours vibration that affects 2022+ cars I have but I did confirm on my car I feel that around 25-30mph only. That goes away after a few mins but it does feel the same as the 40-50mph vibration, so that lends credence to the idea that this could all be solved in a firmware update.

I quit worrying about it. Tesla isn’t going to fix it. Having had a 1k hp ICE the Tesla is a dream in terms of the reliability, not having to worry about fires, etc. so slight vibration isn’t a huge deal by any means.

I've never felt the accelerator pedal vibration. Mine is the one that makes the steering wheel feel like a massage gun. Its getting stronger and stronger at 20k miles now...

I predict the vibration will go away in the 2025 model right before they redesign the S with a Space X mode 0-60 in 0.1 seconds. It will also feature a new vibration that is "within spec"...

Reactions: AAKEE
I've never felt the accelerator pedal vibration. Mine is the one that makes the steering wheel feel like a massage gun. Its getting stronger and stronger at 20k miles now...

I predict the vibration will go away in the 2025 model right before they redesign the S with a Space X mode 0-60 in 0.1 seconds. It will also feature a new vibration that is "within spec"...

1694401292858.png

I have not been able to detect any of the vibrations at speed.

I have a low frequency vibration (more a very low frequency RRRRRRRRRR than a felt vibration) when starting to drive. It always dissapears after about 1km or 1mile.
Its quite subtile, my wife do not notice it.
Sometimes it can be felt in the yoke before it dissapears.

It is speed dependant so the RRRRRR increases in frequency with increased speed. Never noticed it at more than 70kph (45 ish mph), but this is probably because it dissapears before i reach that speed.

I just picked up my new plaid yesterday at 2pm, didn't notice anything driving yesterday. But after sitting over night, and then driving first 1/2 mile at speeds under 35, there was a noticeable vibration noise. I thought it was the tires causing a road noise, like a bad section of road, but then it went away after 1/2 mile, and wasn't there rest of 30 mile trip. I'll live with it, but will be nice if solution is offered, whether it's new half shafts, or software update. The car is incredible.

I just picked up my new plaid yesterday at 2pm, didn't notice anything driving yesterday. But after sitting over night, and then driving first 1/2 mile at speeds under 35, there was a noticeable vibration noise. I thought it was the tires causing a road noise, like a bad section of road, but then it went away after 1/2 mile, and wasn't there rest of 30 mile trip. I'll live with it, but will be nice if solution is offered, whether it's new half shafts, or software update. The car is incredible.
Thats the vibe my MSP have. Goes away quite quick. But I guess it is only a matter of time until it increases the envelope…

Thats the vibe my MSP have. Goes away quite quick. But I guess it is only a matter of time until it increases the envelope…
After reading an another exhaustive thread on this forum regarding vibrations, it seems I have the 'first few minutes of driving' vibrations. I hope it can be fixed with a software update eventually. It's like having a hot girlfriend that farts. And yes, she is so hot, I can deal with the smell sometimes.

• Funny
Reactions: KOL2000
Test drove a refresh long range today, tried my best to make it vibrate around the 38-48 mph range, couldn’t feel anything.

However the vibration at 75+ was pretty bad. At 80 it felt like a tire was out of balance, that vibration is very annoying.

I was all set to place an order for an inventory plaid they have, but after experiencing that new 80mph vibration, I had to give it some more thought and time for Tesla to figure out what the heck they screwed up.

Demo had 1300 miles on the odometer.

Test drove a refresh long range today, tried my best to make it vibrate around the 38-48 mph range, couldn’t feel anything.

However the vibration at 75+ was pretty bad. At 80 it felt like a tire was out of balance, that vibration is very annoying.

I was all set to place an order for an inventory plaid they have, but after experiencing that new 80mph vibration, I had to give it some more thought and time for Tesla to figure out what the heck they screwed up.

I have not felt any vibrations at higher speeds.

The vibrations at lower speeds i feel in the beginning of a drive is multiple vibrations per wheel revulotion, so it would be quite high frequency at 80+ and it would not at all feel like imbalance in a wheel or the wheels.

That’s my 80+ mph vibration. My 2023 MSP doesn’t have the 40-50 mph vibration. Would much rather have that than the 80 one.

I have almost 10k miles on my Plaid and on my 2nd set of rear tires (technically 3rd set but the last ones had very little wear). I have gone with 20" square and have 295/35/20 PS4S at all four corners.

I have bigger tires up front than stock. As I mentioned earlier, I had very minimal vibration in the 38-42 range. I do mean minimal. If I hadn't read the super long thread about it somewhere else here, I would not even have paid any attention to but it was there. As a result, my concern was it might get worse.

When I did the factory track pack brakes, it totally disappeared. No trace of it and can't reproduce it. I am not suggesting that is a solution to it, just my observation, and someone else here mentioned the same thing. I have subsequently taken advantage of the track pack brakes' higher speed limiter. Still no vibration all the way from 0 mph to way up there. Don't really like to post speeds in an open forum. The car was smooth as butter.

The only time my car is in low for the suspension, is when it automatically drops down at highway speeds. Most of the time I might even have it in a higher setting to clear all the drainage ditches that pass for streets around here. So pretty much all the time it is in high or very high when below 35 mph.

I keep looking for it to see if it gets worse but so far it hasn't.