Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloaded 44.5 (had ARNR) on Wednesday. Now 44.6 is downloading. What did they change?
44.6 had the same release notes as 44.5, but included the cabin analytics image that was posted at the top of page 40. Still have ARNR.

Of note, my ARNR kept saying "calibrating" until I turned it off and back on. Now it was "optimized" for front passengers. There is a slight reduction when my head is near the headrest. Push it forward towards the yoke and you hear more road / tire noise. Pull back towards the headrest, it goes away. It is not ground breaking or eliminates it 100%. But does reduce it. Like the feature is named.

44.6 had the same release notes as 44.5, but included the cabin analytics image that was posted at the top of page 40. Still have ARNR.

Of note, my ARNR kept saying "calibrating" until I turned it off and back on. Now it was "optimized" for front passengers. There is a slight reduction when my head is near the headrest. Push it forward towards the yoke and you hear more road / tire noise. Pull back towards the headrest, it goes away. It is not ground breaking or eliminates it 100%. But does reduce it. Like the feature is named.

Even on 44.6, mine calibrates every time the car starts up.

I’ve noticed over the last couple of weeks (after 2021.44.5?) that almost every time I get in the car, it seems to prompt a reboot. I get a message that the main screen can’t be used to shift and to use the back up capability to select gear. If I wait five seconds, the reboot is complete and main screen can be used to select direction. Other than this, I have no problems. Is this worth a mobile service request or is this normal? TIA.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed over the last couple of weeks (after 2021.44.5?) that almost every time I get in the car, it seems to prompt a reboot. I get a message that the main screen can’t be used to shift and to use the back up capability to select gear. If I wait five seconds, the reboot is complete and main screen can be used to select direction. Other than this, I have no problems. Is this worth a mobile service request or is this normal? TIA.
Most things such as this will resolve after next firmware update. Other than rebooting your car to see if you can reset, I would wait to get service involved.

Most things such as this will resolve after next firmware update. Other than rebooting your car to see if you can reset, I would wait to get service involved.

While you are correct on the firmware fixes, we cannot assume they know of the issue or have prioritized it enough to fix it.

I would at least make them aware with a ticket and let them take it from there.

You can drag the cameras to the right
WOW, I thought that feature was gone when then arrow icon was removed from bottom panel. Thank you!

For those who haven’t tried this, I found that you must hold finger towards top of 1 window to grab it before dragging right or left. Also, this lets you put music, calendar, phone or whatever on the right side of screen.

I found out that our new MS-LR does not change lanes when you press the turn-signal, automatically, when on Auto-steer. My old 2015 Model S 85 used to have this functionality. It seems that if you are on Auto-steer and press the turn signal it will kick you off the Auto-steer with a message to take control of the car. I experienced my first phantom brake today. Unnerving, to say the least.

Hope they will atleast bring us on par with our "old" Tesla car, soon.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I found out that our new MS-LR does not change lanes when you press the turn-signal, automatically, when on Auto-steer. My old 2015 Model S 85 used to have this functionality. It seems that if you are on Auto-steer and press the turn signal it will kick you off the Auto-steer with a message to take control of the car. I experienced my first phantom brake today. Unnerving, to say the least.

Hope they will atleast bring us on par with our "old" Tesla car, soon.
It will change lanes for you and more with $10k FSD addition 😊 The standard Autopilot has lane keep and speed control. No summon, self parking, etc.

It will change lanes for you and more with $10k FSD addition 😊 The standard Autopilot has lane keep and speed control. No summon, self parking, etc.
I am wondering if I should get the FSD now or invest the $10K in TSLA stock and then sell the TSLA to buy FSD when it is more robust. Granted Tesla will raise price on their FSD as it gets more robust but I am guessing that the Tesla stock will outpace FSD price increase.