Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RobK

Feb 22, 2018
Overland Park, KS
Just heard from our "Tesla Store Leader". It seems that they are not kept in the loop about when the refreshed Model S will be rolled out but he thinks that they will start production of Model S in middle of May, maybe.

No sure what kind of backlog they have for the refreshed S & X. I am hoping that I will get my S (LR) by the end of May or early June. I will not be surprised if they incorporate additional functionality in the car.

jbcarioca

Feb 3, 2015
To all the waiters, patiently or not:
I have ordered not-yet-released vehicles (boats, two airplanes, three cars before Tesla. Now I'm waiting for my Plaid+ after waiting 2 1/2 years for Model 3 and a year for Model S P85D.
Not one of those ever gave any reliable notion fo when they'd arrive. Two cars, a boat and one airplane arrived with zero notice, out of the blue and I had to come up with funding with one a couple of days notice.
Tesla has not been that bad. However, we're expecting too much if we think we'll actually get reliable estimates. Why? It's simple: they do not know themselves and the smarter ones just don't say anything. Sure, they have cancellations, but that is better than irritating everyone by guessing when they cannot do so themselves.
There is good news. Unlike some for which I waited there will not be a spontaneous 'dealer added markup'.

If anybody really wants to know my tales of woe over the last 40 years of relentless early adopter habits drop me a PM. FWIW the brand list: Honda, Audi, Porsche, BMW, Socata Trinidad, Citation 525, Boston Whaler, Maserati. Two of those ended out being bought back by the manufacturer (the boat and an airplane).

Tesla made me wait but their delivered products still make me eagerly wait, even patiently (NOT!)

ks1972

2020 Model S LR+
Jun 26, 2020
Atlanta, Georgia
To all the waiters, patiently or not:
I have ordered not-yet-released vehicles (boats, two airplanes, three cars before Tesla. Now I'm waiting for my Plaid+ after waiting 2 1/2 years for Model 3 and a year for Model S P85D.
Not one of those ever gave any reliable notion fo when they'd arrive. Two cars, a boat and one airplane arrived with zero notice, out of the blue and I had to come up with funding with one a couple of days notice.
Tesla has not been that bad. However, we're expecting too much if we think we'll actually get reliable estimates. Why? It's simple: they do not know themselves and the smarter ones just don't say anything. Sure, they have cancellations, but that is better than irritating everyone by guessing when they cannot do so themselves.
There is good news. Unlike some for which I waited there will not be a spontaneous 'dealer added markup'.

If anybody really wants to know my tales of woe over the last 40 years of relentless early adopter habits drop me a PM. FWIW the brand list: Honda, Audi, Porsche, BMW, Socata Trinidad, Citation 525, Boston Whaler, Maserati. Two of those ended out being bought back by the manufacturer (the boat and an airplane).

Tesla made me wait but their delivered products still make me eagerly wait, even patiently (NOT!)
I don’t thik most people have problems waiting, being lied to is what bothers the most.
You cannot unhear “cars are being produced now, deliveries will start mid-February “

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC