Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Tesla Model S Demand Appears To Be High & Increasing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just heard from our "Tesla Store Leader". It seems that they are not kept in the loop about when the refreshed Model S will be rolled out but he thinks that they will start production of Model S in middle of May, maybe.

No sure what kind of backlog they have for the refreshed S & X. I am hoping that I will get my S (LR) by the end of May or early June. I will not be surprised if they incorporate additional functionality in the car.

To all the waiters, patiently or not:
I have ordered not-yet-released vehicles (boats, two airplanes, three cars before Tesla. Now I'm waiting for my Plaid+ after waiting 2 1/2 years for Model 3 and a year for Model S P85D.
Not one of those ever gave any reliable notion fo when they'd arrive. Two cars, a boat and one airplane arrived with zero notice, out of the blue and I had to come up with funding with one a couple of days notice.
Tesla has not been that bad. However, we're expecting too much if we think we'll actually get reliable estimates. Why? It's simple: they do not know themselves and the smarter ones just don't say anything. Sure, they have cancellations, but that is better than irritating everyone by guessing when they cannot do so themselves.
There is good news. Unlike some for which I waited there will not be a spontaneous 'dealer added markup'.

If anybody really wants to know my tales of woe over the last 40 years of relentless early adopter habits drop me a PM. FWIW the brand list: Honda, Audi, Porsche, BMW, Socata Trinidad, Citation 525, Boston Whaler, Maserati. Two of those ended out being bought back by the manufacturer (the boat and an airplane).

Tesla made me wait but their delivered products still make me eagerly wait, even patiently (NOT!)

To all the waiters, patiently or not:
I have ordered not-yet-released vehicles (boats, two airplanes, three cars before Tesla. Now I'm waiting for my Plaid+ after waiting 2 1/2 years for Model 3 and a year for Model S P85D.
Not one of those ever gave any reliable notion fo when they'd arrive. Two cars, a boat and one airplane arrived with zero notice, out of the blue and I had to come up with funding with one a couple of days notice.
Tesla has not been that bad. However, we're expecting too much if we think we'll actually get reliable estimates. Why? It's simple: they do not know themselves and the smarter ones just don't say anything. Sure, they have cancellations, but that is better than irritating everyone by guessing when they cannot do so themselves.
There is good news. Unlike some for which I waited there will not be a spontaneous 'dealer added markup'.

If anybody really wants to know my tales of woe over the last 40 years of relentless early adopter habits drop me a PM. FWIW the brand list: Honda, Audi, Porsche, BMW, Socata Trinidad, Citation 525, Boston Whaler, Maserati. Two of those ended out being bought back by the manufacturer (the boat and an airplane).

Tesla made me wait but their delivered products still make me eagerly wait, even patiently (NOT!)
I don’t thik most people have problems waiting, being lied to is what bothers the most.
You cannot unhear “cars are being produced now, deliveries will start mid-February “

I had placed an order for Model S (LR) on 3/12 from San Diego, CA. At the time, the order showed a delivery date estimate of 4-11 weeks from the order placed date. Tesla rep suggested a June delivery might be realistic.
As of 5/16/21, my order shows “Estimated Delivery: August”

I had placed an order for Model S (LR) on 3/12 from San Diego, CA. At the time, the order showed a delivery date estimate of 4-11 weeks from the order placed date. Tesla rep suggested a June delivery might be realistic.
As of 5/16/21, my order shows “Estimated Delivery: August”
Same here. I had placed an order for our MS (LR) on 3/10 in Overland Park, KS that originally showed an estimate of 10-14 weeks. Couple of days ago they changed it to August. Hopefully they will have worked out all the teething trouble before we get our car. I am hoping that Tesla will allow us to modify our order if they include any new enhancements to the car, since our original order. Wish I had not sold my old Model S 85 based on their original estimate.

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
In May, my "Estimated Delivery" was August. After checking my account today (6/2/21), it no longer shows an Estimated Delivery. At the Tesla storefront a few days ago, I inquired about delivery date estimates. They indicated they didn't have any additional delivery estimates at that time. I'm hoping to get a better feel for my delivery date following the June 10th Model S Delivery Event.

• Informative
Reactions: RobK
In May, my "Estimated Delivery" was August. After checking my account today (6/2/21), it no longer shows an Estimated Delivery. At the Tesla storefront a few days ago, I inquired about delivery date estimates. They indicated they didn't have any additional delivery estimates at that time. I'm hoping to get a better feel for my delivery date following the June 10th Model S Delivery Event.
Did you get your date? Me neither!

August delivery date popped up on my account yesterday for my Model S (LR) ordered on March 10, 21. No PIN yet.
Congrats. It sounds like you're getting closer. I just checked my account. With a March 12th order date for my Model S LR, mine has also been updated to August. Still no VIN, but the delivery time line is beginning to come into focus.

Congrats. It sounds like you're getting closer. I just checked my account. With a March 12th order date for my Model S LR, mine has also been updated to August. Still no VIN, but the delivery time line is beginning to come into focus.

Congrats to you too. I saw an article about a new MS LR being delivered to a customer couple of days ago. This is encouraging news. Hopefully as Tesla ramps up production to 2,000 Model S cars a weeks, they should be able to chip away at the backlog. Do let us know if you get a VIN number or a more specific delivery date. Can't wait to start driving my Tesla Model S again. It is hard to be a silent passenger on my wife's ICE wagon!

Congrats to you too. I saw an article about a new MS LR being delivered to a customer couple of days ago. This is encouraging news. Hopefully as Tesla ramps up production to 2,000 Model S cars a weeks, they should be able to chip away at the backlog. Do let us know if you get a VIN number or a more specific delivery date. Can't wait to start driving my Tesla Model S again. It is hard to be a silent passenger on my wife's ICE wagon!
It's encouraging to see recent news and posts regarding deliveries of the MS LR. I'll keep checking for the Tesla website for updates regarding a VIN assignment or word of a delivery date and will post the news as soon as I learn more.
As for your wife’s ICE wagon, some day you’ll be able to tell nostalgic stories of the olden days when ICE vehicles were common. ;-)

Reactions: RobK
It's encouraging to see recent news and posts regarding deliveries of the MS LR. I'll keep checking for the Tesla website for updates regarding a VIN assignment or word of a delivery date and will post the news as soon as I learn more.
As for your wife’s ICE wagon, some day you’ll be able to tell nostalgic stories of the olden days when ICE vehicles were common. ;-)
Jeff - Thought you might like the attached link where couple of people who have received their MS (LR) few days ago have commented on their new car. It is a glowing report of the new LR car. Can't wait to get mine by August.

Jeff - Thought you might like the attached link where couple of people who have received their MS (LR) few days ago have commented on their new car. It is a glowing report of the new LR car. Can't wait to get mine by August.

Rob, thanks for the heads up on the latest Model S LR posts. There's some very positive comments there. With so much attention paid to the Plaid version due to its earlier release and amazing acceleration, it's nice to finally see feedback on the LR version.