Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refurbishing 2015 85kWh Pack - Confirm Parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting ready to reassemble my battery and want to refresh all of the bits as much as possible. I understand the 14 units of umbrella valves but what is an UMBRELLA VENT PLUG - FRONT? Does the list below look comprehensive or am I missing anything? The final column is the quantity Tesla's site thinks I need. The pack is a 1031043-00-E from early 2015. Already have the fuse and fuse cover handled and the contactors look like the current revision.

VENT ASSEMBLY WITH UMBRELLAS AND O-RINGS1026758-00-DOver The Counter
14​
SEAL,SILICONE,FOAM,SIDE SKI,END,OPP1053488-00-AOver The Counter
1​
SEAL,SILICONE,FOAM,SIDE SKI,END1052349-00-AOver The Counter
1​
PLUG,SIDE RAIL,MDLS,FRONT,LEFT,1.51039595-00-BOver The Counter
1​
SEAL,SIDE SKI BAY DIVIDER,SILICONE1030265-00-BOver The Counter
12​
UMBRELLA VENT PLUG - FRONT1015618-00-COver The Counter
1​
COVER,SKI,SIDE,MID,BATT ENCLOS1032385-00-COver The Counter
2​
COVER,SKI,SIDE,FRONT,BATT ENCLOS1032384-00-COver The Counter
2​
COVER,SKI,SIDE,REAR,BATT ENCLOS1032386-00-COver The Counter
2​

Crickets... I'm relatively sure I want 14 of the vent assembly with umbrellas and two each of the thee different ski side covers. One of mine is slightly torn anyway and I think that was an updated design. What are the Side Ski Bay Divider seals (12 required)? I don't know that I have anything similar now. I also don't know foam side ski end seal is and what the side rail front left plug might be. I also see that I missed the same plug on the right side.

PLUG,SIDE RAIL,MDLS,FRONT,RIGHT,1.51039642-00-BOver The Counter
1​

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I've seen some threads over time where people post parts lists from battery upgrades that list new parts related to the skis but of course, I can't find them now. I also can't find pretty much any of these part numbers or descriptions in Google. There are so many mysteries about these cars that just aren't (or shouldn't be) that complicated...

Oh well... I taught myself how to remove and open the battery pack and fix it by reading and watching 20+ random videos. I'll eventually figure out this! :)

Yep. I'd love to help if I could but there's probably 2-5 folks with "some" knowledge that would be useful. If only we had a guru that Tesla could confirm; instead we have a lot of reverse-engineering and puzzle solving.

Seems unlikely anyone other than Tesla can publish a guide due to deadly hv danger and liability :(

All traditional manufacturer provide guide (and parts) for their ev pack disassembly. But Tesla does not. Until then, probably no well organized source will exist unfortunately.