Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reg Number before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, newbie here, long time lurker.

Just to say that I ordered on Tuesday late afternoon (of the the inventory M3s P- Red/White) and I have a pickup scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Things were going well, until they issued me my Reg no this morning...not on the DVLA database yet and hence I can't get cover! Oh well, I'll have to see what tomorrow brings.

Tesla CS have been quite good today, picking up within about 6 minutes all 3 times I called.

Hi there, newbie here, long time lurker.

Just to say that I ordered on Tuesday late afternoon (of the the inventory M3s P- Red/White) and I have a pickup scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Things were going well, until they issued me my Reg no this morning...not on the DVLA database yet and hence I can't get cover! Oh well, I'll have to see what tomorrow brings.

Tesla CS have been quite good today, picking up within about 6 minutes all 3 times I called.

You can insure the car with the reg number they give you but it won't show if you try to search for it with the quotes, if you go with LV then you can enter your car reg on the last page and shouldn't be a problem going through.

Congrats on the quick delivery and P- is best!

Got a call with the reg bang on 24 hours before I was due to collect. I've been bitten by the same insurance cost thing though - well over > £100 worse off. Obviously you can cancel within 14 days and only pay for the time insured, so planning to arrange for a separate insurance policy to start around then and then will cancel the first one.

called the manager at Leeds to get my reg.

Went with Churchill who were happy to do it by giving them the reg over the phone having filled in everything else online.

Got insured fully comp for £321.44 with zero voluntary excess. As we've just come back from being overseas, neither of us has any no claims bonus so that kind of surprised us. Maybe it'll bounce up when we get rid of our 20 year old Golf diesel and no longer get a multi-car discount. We shall see...

Reactions: Roy W.
called the manager at Leeds to get my reg.

Went with Churchill who were happy to do it by giving them the reg over the phone having filled in everything else online.

Got insured fully comp for £321.44 with zero voluntary excess. As we've just come back from being overseas, neither of us has any no claims bonus so that kind of surprised us. Maybe it'll bounce up when we get rid of our 20 year old Golf diesel and no longer get a multi-car discount. We shall see...

i also got a very good deal with churchill. same situation, been taking the train for years and driving as an additional named driver, so no NCD. i had a voluntary excess so took out excess protection from some random insurer.

In case it's of use to anyone, the reg number shows up in the source code of the /product-finalize page when it's been assigned in the background.

I'm picking up my M3P+ on Monday, and my reg is there now, though Tesla haven't told me it yet.

Either search the source code for "licencePlateNumber" or, if in Chrome, open dev tools (Command+option+c / control+shift+c) and paste the following before hitting enter:

Tesla.ProductF.Data.RegDelivery.RegAddress.licensePlateNumber