Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Region Change ..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I am from
Puerto Rico … I bought my model y last year directly through the dealer here ..

Here is my problem… I bought the car and purchased FSD package … but for some weird reason some features are not enabled for PR ..
navigate on AUTOPILOT does not work or visualization either .. meaning .. it does not sees the traffic lights .

Here is the kicker … if you bought your car in Florida and brought it here .. everything works ..

My question is … can you change the region somewhere in the car ? Or account ..??

I have tried changing the address in the account and resetting the car but so far .. no luck …

Thanks 🙏🏻 for you’re time

I was looking for a work around .. :)
Are the cars bought/ferried from Florida actually registered in Peurto Rico or perhaps they are registered in FL? My best guess would be that's what it's based on. If so, perhaps you could rent a mailbox in the US for your car's registration - not sure of the legal/tax issues of course. US-based cars with FSD which cross the border into Canada still work prior to the FSD Beta being released there.

I assume it's not cheap to ferry your car back to Florida - I'd be curious if it worked while it was in the USA. I doubt it.

Upvote 0
all the cars are registered in PR … I have an apartment in Miami that I tried making a new account for the Tesla and use that address to try to see if it works … but the only thing different was that now is that I have to pay for the premium connectivity lol .. nothing else
hi @Miguelst so i live in Trinidad and Tobago and i think we have a parallel problem because i would like to change the region of my tesla as well. I believe it has to do with the region of the maps software. my case is different because my model y receives the software updates for europe (car was purchased through the UK and brought to the caribbean, we are an unsupported region) I can see all maps on the car screen but the car but navigation does not work. It will find any location that you search for but wont navigate to it. Auto pilot works but FSD isn't available. Car standard connectivity dosent work i guess because tesla has no agreement with our cellular providers. Premium connectivity features works but only if you connect it to your phones hotspot. wifi

Did tesla Puerto Rico ever resolve the problem for you, because as far as i am aware PR should be a supported region and what does version does your Map software read? and did you get back a credit on the FSD ?

Upvote 0
Another Bori-Tesla here. The Service Center was wrong when they said visualizations would be enabled in 2023, as I didn't see any difference. I would really like to purchase upgrades like enhanced auto-pilot, FSD, or acceleration boost.

People don't usually mention it, but to be fair, we do get the premium connectivity for free here... Is thatTesla's way of compensating? To bad they don't really provide any details...

Upvote 0