Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regressing to pre 8.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dbitter1

Journeyman Member
Dec 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
Has anyone (without root) found any way to revert to the previous firmware? The horrendousness of every screen grates on me more and more... I assume someone thinks it is nicer, but now I've found something to hate on every screen. The radio is pretty much unusable, it is like coming out and finding it was stolen out of your ICE overnight. Its a pretty bold move to sell a six figure car, then start breaking it.

I'm pretty much at the call-the-attorneys stage, since customer service told me there is no way to do it. Have not tried bribing the local SC techs, not sure how well that would go over. I was hoping for a diplomatic solution, but not seeing one...

This garbage has to go.

I would imagine it would be posible for the service center to do it. if you make enough noise to customer service. In saying that i has worked with some other manufacturers vehicle computers systems that will not downgrade. The act of trying to flash a lower level firmware fails during the encryption checksums based on whats already installed.

Just curious, how did you collect these stats on how people on here feel about 8.0? Did I miss the all inclusive survey somewhere? If I did, please supply the link. :rolleyes:
Would you agree at least 1/4th do not like an "upgrade"

When threads get started titled "v8 makes me want to sell my car"

Or post saying " I'm canceling my m3 reservation" or I am at "call my attorney stage"

You have to know there are some issues. Full disclosure I did not "upgrade". Just reading people's reactions before making a decision.

Would you agree at least 1/4th do not like an "upgrade"

When threads get started titled "v8 makes me want to sell my car"

Or post saying " I'm canceling my m3 reservation" or I am at "call my attorney stage"

You have to know there are some issues. Full disclosure I did not "upgrade". Just reading people's reactions before making a decision.

I'm not saying everyone is thrilled, but I'm very happy with 8.0. But I'm pre-AP, so the changes were somewhat minor for me. It's not perfect, but 7.1 wasn't either. I'm sure most would agree, if you're happy with the changes, you probably don't start a bunch of threads proclaiming your satisfaction. That's just the way it is everywhere. Negative news "sells". I just was curious how you reached your conclusions/statistics. I think I know now.

Has anyone (without root) found any way to revert to the previous firmware? The horrendousness of every screen grates on me more and more... I assume someone thinks it is nicer, but now I've found something to hate on every screen. The radio is pretty much unusable, it is like coming out and finding it was stolen out of your ICE overnight. Its a pretty bold move to sell a six figure car, then start breaking it.

I'm pretty much at the call-the-attorneys stage, since customer service told me there is no way to do it. Have not tried bribing the local SC techs, not sure how well that would go over. I was hoping for a diplomatic solution, but not seeing one...

This garbage has to go.

I could not agree with your more. uhhh Windows 98 called, they want their folders back! I mean really, folders?

• Funny
Reactions: Boatguy